TDR SlickEQ Mastering Edition!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR slickEQ M TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

It's comparable to bx_digital v3 or v3? any words from someone that used both?

I have both. They are quite different. first, bx is linear phase and Slick M is not. Slick's bands interact with each other in a musical way and is more of a curve bender type EQ with various tilts and biases. bx is a typical multi-band parametric. Slick has the ability to adjust the stereo width and pan of each of it's bands, which bx doesn't do. This is not a gimmick, but when used in small amounts can open or close up various aspects of the texture of the sound. You could easily work with both bx_digital v3 and SlickEQ M together in a mastering situation. Perhaps bx in MS and Slick in LR.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you sure bx_digital is linear phase? I thought it wasn't.

I especially like the pink match function. Very helpful to calibrate a mix...
:tu:

MogwaiBoy wrote:Are you sure bx_digital is linear phase? I thought it wasn't.
Yeah you might be right. I thought it was linear phase but upon further exploration it appears not to be. The V3 product info states "V3 is not a "character" EQ. It's eminently pristine, using ultra-transparent filters that minimize phase shift and frequency masking to deliver clearer and more focused mixes and masters."

*Nod*

It does sound very clean. Keep the Q low and use gently for less phase shift I guess.

Return to “Effects”