How to add Kontakt Library 2nd time after I moved it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is unbelievable! The NI thinks they got it all planned but their software lacking basic functionality!

So I moved the library that was already added from one drive to another. It was on V drive now it is on M drive. So I Removed library from Kontakt. But now I can not add it back. Because when I use Add Library, it asks for the Serial. When I enter the serial, it says "If it contains additional files, you will be notified via e-mail", and it does not open Window where I can point it to the right path. In Native Access, the library is still listed as installed and points to the old path on V drive and there is no way to change it or remove it. What in the world? Who does things like this? So frustrating!

Thanks.

I have been equally frustrated by NATIVE ACCESS lately. Not sure if there's any useful information for you in my own Thread but have a peek anyway.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6846474
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanks for reply. When I add the same serial number, it does not open the Window where I would point it to the new location or even old location. I Removed library from Kontakt but it would not let me add it again. Even if I wanted to add it from the same location- the Add Library only works once when you enter the serial number first time. There is no way to make Native Access to forget that it already had this serial. Why did they put |Remove Library" button if there is no way to add it again?

When you remove a library, check Options->Libraries in Kontakt and see if the checkbox next to the name of the library is disabled. If it's disabled, enable it back.

EvilDragon wrote:When you remove a library, check Options->Libraries in Kontakt and see if the checkbox next to the name of the library is disabled. If it's disabled, enable it back.
Thank you for your reply. I admire your knowledge of details. Checking it gets the library back but it does not let me Re- Add it from the new location. the library that i moved (which can not be found in old location) shown as "Unable to locate" and offers Browse option, but for one that I Copied, it just ads the old location. I guess I should delete it from the old location? Any better way? thank you.

You could just rename the library folder in the old location (not delete it), then you will get the browse option to locate it.

But if you don't need it in the old location anymore, why not delete it then?

Harder still then adding the library back to kontakt is how to add it back to Maschine or komplete kontrol. Apparently you have to actually download it again, you can't just move it somewhere and tell it the path. Can this be correct?

Wow- I did not even think about Maschine and Kontrol- I have both of those. I will never finish installing and will never get to make music again!Moving from one computer to another already takes 8 months! Did not make any music in 8 months!

May be I should delete it. But it was 6TB HDD, it can easily just stay there and then be used again when the SSD I moved it to gets filled. It was Gravity library and other heaviocity stuff- boring sounds that take lots of space. Initially I wanted to move essential (good) libraries on SSD and leave less essential on HDD but now I have total confusion on my HDD because I cant remember what was moved and where to look for it. So I want to move all of them. Including the stuff like Biom Digital/New Loops that I never use.

Return to “Instruments”