Vocoder recommendations?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was looking for a good old-school sounding vocoder and after a couple of hours of testing I decided to use TAL-vocoder. It's incredible, especially for the price. However, Waldorf Lector came out also really good. But in my case TAL-vocoder won. It just sounded more old-school in a nice way that I needed, but Lector is incredible for experimenting with more modern sounds.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Recommendations? Stop using them? :hihi:

I love the vocodex from IL

vocodex.

I seriously doubt there's anything better, and it's really good as well in terms of getting a super exaggerated saturated transient-filled thick vocoding effect. Other vocoders will leave you wanting more oomph.

Can't go wrong with mvocoder. Doesn't do some of the weird shit vocodex can but got no probs gettin a fat bass outta there and there's a ton of modes to f*ck around with.

Think i'll get Vocodex on the next 50% off sale. :P TAL-Vocoder is ok, but, the synth functionality is quite sparse, and the GUI of Vocodex seems to be easier too.

Back then Vocodex was the right choice for me :)

You can also try a morpher.

Like Melda MMorph. (Take advantage of the Melda 50% off sales if available.)

Very intelligible vocoder like effect.

Notron User wrote:You can also try a morpher.

Like Melda MMorph. (Take advantage of the Melda 50% off sales if available.)

Very intelligible vocoder like effect.
unfortunately this morphing plugin comes with audible artefacts too. the original one from zynaptiq works a bit better imo. tal and vocodex are very good. you can also try robotronic from sugar bytes.

incubus wrote:Recommendations? Stop using them? :hihi:
Hey, can't I use them just "One More Time"? :wink:

NI Reaktor Razor and The Mouth ensembles, as well as Reason's BV512 get me the most useful results.

My recommendation is the XILS-lab Vocoder 5000.

MVocoder is nice.

ImageImage

Shit, Ive not found a vocoder that doesnt sound like fingernails on a blackboard. The one on zedd's stay is ok though. Any one know what that is?

Vocodex :tu:

Return to “Effects”