Reaktor 6.2 update...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So now the player is open for third party instruments too....like Kontakt 5.
Would be nice to see even more interesting and Reaktor tools from third party developers.
(i mean there is already good stuff available).

I just received an email from Melted Sounds for Whoosh 1.5 that will support this. Its was already a pretty nice tool and I'm curious about the new sample management for it.

I'll be surprised if we don't see Twisted Tools on this very soon.

***EDIT - spoke to soon. They are already on it along with Heavyocity, Blinksonic (I'm unfamiliar with), Time Exile's SLOO (which I've been meaning to download) and Tonsturm's The Whoosh (which seems it was previously offered by Melted Sounds but now offered via Tonsturm which is home to some nice raw recorodings).

I was curious to try the new bass synth included which is the first internal synth. Unfortunately I was not too impressed.

I think this will open up Reaktor development and hopefully we will see a slew of great products come from this.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I was curious to try the new bass synth included which is the first internal synth. Unfortunately I was not too impressed.
Which one do you mean?

1st internal bass synth is in the Maschine update
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

thejonsolo wrote:I think this will open up Reaktor development and hopefully we will see a slew of great products come from this.
Interesting.....I really really like it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Great. Hope to see some nice 3rd party stuff. Especially free ones.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Great. Hope to see some nice 3rd party stuff. Especially free ones.
Hmmmm.... On that note.

Can anyone confirm if developers are paying a fee similar two how Kontakt player is structured?

Whoosh 1.5 is pay for upgrade, (which obviously doesn't tell anything about developer costs for licensing) but the Twisted Tools upgrades will be free to existing users.

Either way it doesn't mean there won't be free Reaktor Player options available (as there's the Sennheiser Drummica Kontakt Player library available), but it does mean its less likely if theres a cost involved for developers.

elxsound wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Great. Hope to see some nice 3rd party stuff. Especially free ones.
Hmmmm.... On that note.

Can anyone confirm if developers are paying a fee similar two how Kontakt player is structured?

Whoosh 1.5 is pay for upgrade, (which obviously doesn't tell anything about developer costs for licensing) but the Twisted Tools upgrades will be free to existing users.

Either way it doesn't mean there won't be free Reaktor Player options available (as there's the Sennheiser Drummica Kontakt Player library available), but it does mean its less likely if theres a cost involved for developers.
Yes, the details matter. Related, and I only just found out about this, but, can 3rd party devs lock their Reaktor content now? This would be both good and bad I think, depending on which side of the value proposition fence that you're on.

On Edit: It seems yes, you can both lock samples and structures for OEM products.

Yeah it's exactly how Kontakt Player licensing is structured. I don't know the exact pricing details, but it's the same type of deal.

Just curious, does anyone have an idea of the pricing? Or, is it something that you are under NDA not to discuss?

Pricing is discussed per product usually, so you gotta contact NI for more details, they don't post the numbers publicly (even for Kontakt Player licensing).

3rd-party-developers at native-instruments dot com

EvilDragon wrote:Pricing is discussed per product usually, so you gotta contact NI for more details, they don't post the numbers publicly (even for Kontakt Player licensing).

3rd-party-developers at native-instruments dot com
I understand that they don't discuss it publically. I was just curious if anyone here knew anything about it. For example, if you want a McDonald's franchise, you're gonna need about seven figures in the bank. I have heard that it's tens of thousands to get the ball rolling with NI, which isn't a lot I suppose, but, if true, would definitely put it in the realm of established devs.

It's not exactly tens of thousands, but depending on the size of the library (talking Kontakt here), it can certainly go in mid-upper 4-digit territory for the first release by a new developer (because there's a one-time database entry fee, encoding fee etc.). There are such fixed fees, which are a low 4-digit number, and then you decide how many licences you purchase, and depending on the amount, the price per license lowers. Pretty standard bulk sales practice.

Return to “Instruments”