Phonec 2 has been released! (Updated to v2.4)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phonec The Sound Experience Soundbank

ere2learn wrote:Nice update,improved slider/knob sensitivity is great,

What exactly is the "logic switch" ?
From the manual:

"When using the And/Or/Xor modes on the oscillators, the output of each is combined using simulated logic gates. When any of these modes are activated, a 'Logic' control will appear beneath. This control will tune the logic switching point, ranging from precise logic, to the unpredictable. When set all the way left to 0, the resulting sound is only the peaks of the waveforms, and you get what sounds like a square wave. But when the knob's level is increased, a gray area is introduced that allows lower points in the waveform to seep in, resulting in a very unpredictable sound that can be quite interesting. This function is not common in synthesizers and is meant to be explored with a sense of experimentation."

The logic gates switch above and below a given voltage. So depending on the levels and pitches of the combined waveforms, the resulting output will be what the gate allows in.

With the v2.2 update, the Logic control can now be modulated via the LFOs or Envelopes. Because this control can be erratic, it is meant to be modulated very subtly.
Last edited by jack [psychicmodulation] on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Jack,

What is the recommended install procedure? I still have Phonec 2.1 installed. Do I need to uninstall those via Control Panel before installing 2.2

seismic1 wrote:Hi Jack,

What is the recommended install procedure? I still have Phonec 2.1 installed. Do I need to uninstall those via Control Panel before installing 2.2
If it's any help I just installed it and it updated without a hitch. Never uninstalled anything.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Thanks jb, I'll go ahead and give it a spin :)

jethrobull wrote:

If it's any help I just installed it and it updated without a hitch. Never uninstalled anything.
Yes thats right, you just install the update over the previous version without uninstalling anything.

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:
jethrobull wrote:

Yes thats right, you just install the update over the previous version without uninstalling anything.
It worked a treat. Thanks guys :tu:

This update is great. Made an awesome thing even better without taking away any of what made it awesome.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

There's been some confusion about the randomization of the Melt controls recently and it made me realize that some of you may not know about the hidden panel that can access extra controls. There is also a hidden panel for the Chorus. Here's some screenshots showing exactly where they are and how to access them.

Just click the little areas here:

And a panel will slide open to reveal extra controls:

Patch expansion for Phonec 2: Synth Bass

http://www.psychicmodulation.com/synthb ... 777764e172
Synth Bass is a patchbank of 128 newly designed bass patches for Phonec 2. Covering a wide sonic range, these patches are suitable for various genres ranging from Synthwave to Dub Techno. Each patch has been meticulously crafted, paying careful attention to detail and making the most out of Phonec's features in order to get a completely unique sound. The LFOs, Modulation envelopes and aftertouch settings are all ready to switch on for instant, well thought out effects. Most notable of these patches, is the modwheel settings. The Modwheel is linked to the aftertouch targets, so simply moving the modwheel makes for a very creative and expressive performance tool, giving you the ability to completely transform the sound of each patch.

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:There's been some confusion about the randomization of the Melt controls recently and it made me realize that some of you may not know about the hidden panel that can access extra controls. There is also a hidden panel for the Chorus. Here's some screenshots showing exactly where they are and how to access them.

:party:

exmatproton wrote:
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:There's been some confusion about the randomization of the Melt controls recently and it made me realize that some of you may not know about the hidden panel that can access extra controls. There is also a hidden panel for the Chorus. Here's some screenshots showing exactly where they are and how to access them.

:party:
Oh man, I knew about the melt panel but managed to completely miss the chorus one. Thanks for the heads-up!

Edit: Umm, that'll be because I hadn't updated to 2.2 yet :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPVfu6DxIuo
Synth Bass for Phonec is now available.

Synth Bass is a patchbank of 128 newly designed bass patches for Phonec 2. Covering a wide sonic range, these patches are suitable for various genres ranging from Synthwave to Dub Techno. Each patch has been meticulously crafted, paying careful attention to detail and making the most out of Phonec's features in order to get a completely unique sound. The LFOs, Modulation envelopes and aftertouch settings are all ready to switch on for instant, well thought out effects. Most notable of these patches, is the modwheel settings. The Modwheel is linked to the aftertouch targets, so simply moving the modwheel makes for a very creative and expressive performance tool, giving you the ability to completely transform the sound of each patch.

More info here

The Unfinished has released two patchbanks for Phonec2 that simply sound amazing! Here's some info from the website:

"Phosphor Vol 1 and Vol 2 delve deep into this dysfunctional synth environment to produce a unique blend of the holistic, the harmonious and the horrendous. By turns beautiful and terrible, Phosphor provides a meandering, capricious and sumptuous landscape of damaged and delectable sounds.

Tapping into the vibe of synth pioneers such as Boards of Canada, John Carpenter and Aphex Twin, Phosphor delivers solid basses, resonant pads, clunky leads, deceptive sequences and claustrophobic atmospheres. All with a dusty, raw and suspicious character.

Phosphor inhabits a world where ley lines meet motorways, where pylons loom over stone circles and where the ghosts of the past invent a future that will never happen.

If you dig 70s prog, 80s horror, 90s house or a blend of all three, Phosphor Vol 1 and Vol 2 will provide you with a messy but methodical new palette of dynamic and dastardly noises to play with.

Don’t own a copy of Phonec 2? The Unfinished has you covered. When you download Phosphor, you will find a code for 20% off Phonec 2, which you can use over at the Pyschic Modulation website."

Check out Phosphor vol 1 & 2 via the links below:
http://www.theunfinished.co.uk/shop/pho ... hor-vol-2/
http://www.theunfinished.co.uk/shop/pho ... hor-vol-1/

Have a listen to the demo tracks here:
https://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/s ... phor-vol-1
https://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/s ... emo-tracks

Have any of the latest updates made the aftertouch polyphonic? I don't really understand mono aftertouch - when playing chords does it take the highest value or don't the different note pressures interfere with each other?

I think this synth would be perfect for mpe by the way. The aftertouch panel could become a 5D assignment panel instead. Any thoughts about adding that functionality? Would be a cool differentiator.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Have any of the latest updates made the aftertouch polyphonic? I don't really understand mono aftertouch - when playing chords does it take the highest value or don't the different note pressures interfere with each other?

I think this synth would be perfect for mpe by the way. The aftertouch panel could become a 5D assignment panel instead. Any thoughts about adding that functionality? Would be a cool differentiator.
Phonec2 is currently not capable of polyphonic aftertouch, but it's something I can look into for the coming update. It all depends on the complexity of implementing something like this, but I will look into it for sure.

Return to “Instruments”