Future update idea: Riffer feature like Amplesound.

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sure this has been asked before by someone, but is there any possibility of a riffer like step sequencer in the Evolution guitar series? I have one of the Amplesound guitars and while it's a bit of a slow process it's definitely better than editing phrases on a standard MIDI sequencer.

I think the biggest place where improvement could be made over the Amplesound sequencer would be the ability to record a pattern live and then edit it within the riffer/step sequencer with all articulations and strings laid out clearly. Amplesound is strictly a step sequencer with no live MIDI recording possible. I'm not sure if Kontakt scripting would allow this or not though.

The strum pattern editor we currently have in the Evolution guitars is a bit similar in functionality. It's not as much of a step sequencer, though, because I think it's really important to convey the speed and direction of each strum in the pattern. That being said, we're looking at ways to improve the current strumming pattern editor and make it more powerful. The idea isn't to mimic what you can already do in your DAW, but allow much faster, more guitar-specific sequencing through our own approach to notating strumming.

Besides things like being able to record in a strumming pattern or drag it out as a MIDI item, we're looking at using some of Kontakt 5.6.8's new scripting capabilities to make the whole strumming interface easier and smoother to use.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I found a video demonstrating the chord mode. Looks intriguing. If I set the chord mode to automatic, so the piano voicing I play is translated into a proper guitar voicing, can I sent that MIDI data to my DAW? Just curious. Also would rootless chords and chords in the higher register be translated into voicings with a bass note, or would that be left out?
I can't wait to try all this stuff out for myself.

Yes, you can send that data to your DAW by enabling Kontakt's "send MIDI to outside world" option (see Options->Engine).

Yeah, the automatic chord mode takes the inversion into account, so if you hold a C major triad in first inversion it will make sure that there's an E in the bass, for example. The octave in which you play the chord doesn't make any difference, though. If you need chords to be played higher on the fretboard, you can raise the fretting position setting.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”