Hive 1.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Nutrinoland wrote:Got the new update and having Sync issues in FL studio.. the Hive sequencer does not start when the Transport play button is pressed. It starts a bit late. When I start-stop a few times, it Finally starts at the same time as all the other instruments.
Anybody else facing this ?
Try with or without the "strict sync" feature. Does it make a difference?

Thank You Urs, That sorted it out :)

Are there any user made Sequencer Presets ( patterns) available ?

Hey guys, do you have any intention of adding microtuning to Hive?
Pretty please with agave syrup on top?

Any plans for new osc waveforms and more detuning options?

Hi,

Yep, we've got loads of plans for waveforms etc, possibly even microtuning, but there's nothing we would like to rush right now. I've posted this in the Hexagon thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6355207

Cheers,

- U

Any way We could have the old (beta) Hive Skin ? That looked so much better.

Nutrinoland wrote:Any way We could have the old (beta) Hive Skin ? That looked so much better.
hehe, sorry, it's not compatible anymore... too many features have changed over time.

That said, I wouldn't mind an alternative theme. We'll probably discuss this some time later this year.

ok Thank You :)

Imma looong time Zebra and Zebra HZ user like many here, and just picked up Hive. It is phenomenal! Have decided there is no way to choose a favorite...I love them both equally for different reasons :-)

The Tips and Tricks in the user manual are a big help, and I see patches like HS Florid Keys makes use of more than one of those tips...and it uses the entire Mod Matrix! I bought it for the awesome sound and workflow. But now it looks like my synth education is going to get a nice boost just from analyzing these patches.

I assume I'm not the only one who gets giddy when they acquire a new u-he synth :hyper:
Last edited by clangorous on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How does One modulate the Gate knob from the sequencer section. Modulating Seq Gate from the Mod Matrix does nothing. Id like to Use the cc lane on the sequencer to modulate the note lengths ( gate) of each note. Not able to do this.

Nutrinoland wrote:How does One modulate the Gate knob from the sequencer section. Modulating Seq Gate from the Mod Matrix does nothing. Id like to Use the cc lane on the sequencer to modulate the note lengths ( gate) of each note. Not able to do this.
Seems to work for me. Couple of thoughts:

Make sure the Depth knob next to the target (in the Mod Matrix) is turned positive or negative at least a small amount.

It does not visually move the Sequencer Gate knob (I assume because it's not using midi learn?)
Last edited by clangorous on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Works here......something like this ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This is just a note of praise. U-he, you folks have got this down to science. This is a music production dream. It's so versatile I can get any sound I'm looking for out of it. The panable and wideness feat of the OSC modules, the behavior+signal routing of the fiter circuit(S), the user-friendly envs, the layout, the fx and signalr routings, the versatile seq/arp... all on one page, or at least super-easily accessed by one=click. I just want to say THANKS. Additionally, I want to thank you for one of the best manuals on the market. There is a wealth of information that. You see, I had put off for a couple years purchasing Hive, as I have all of your other instruments. At first glance I saw Hive as kind redundant in my setup, although a voice has always nagged me that I might should come one day and check it out. My preconceptions were WRONG. This is quickly becoming a necessary tool on nearly all projects since the other day. I am warming up to this synthesizer in a way I have rarely done. FANTASTIC product.

ps... ty the large mod matrix w production-friendly features as well :pray:

Just wish to say how Hive sounds amazing! Its simple structure pushed me to study the fundamentals of sound design, and it turned out to be the perfect self-education tool. Having no visuals seemed to be a minus at first, but now I say thank you for helping me to concentrate only on the sounds and what the knobs really do.
Thank You U-He I never missed a penny buying your stuff!! :clap:
Last edited by matteogk on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “u-he”