Best DAW for PC

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On PC I strongly suggest you try Mixcraft 8! I've been using it in a professional studio since version 6 and it's worlds above other daws of similar price. It's here http://acoustica.com/mixcraft

I liked ableton

If orchestra is important to you, then Studio One comes with an orchestra for the Presence sampler in the pro version I think
It's comprehensive and at least as good as Garritan, plus it has a host of other v usable samples, especially the guitars.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

ok to be on point i would say

insted of buying cubase(580$) or dorico (721$)

grab a copy of reaper(60$)
and spend rest on some libraries
reaper comes with in-built with notation editor if you need

as far as i know or have seen
it has the potential to become industry standard as pro tools
and in some cases like Ubisoft Toronto,sledgehammer are some examples of gave devs using reaper
and can be way better in dsp performance then cubase

no additional vst or instrument
only a HQ sampler and a script editor for making your own effect
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

It is funny to read some of the responses here.

One of the things you mentioned is "compatible with your notation software Music Publishing". I have no idea, nor do I believe many who have commented, what this is or how it works. Is it the one by Lauriso?

Does it have a MIDI export feature? If so, then any DAW can likely import MIDI.

If you are interested in a DAW that ALSO features notation/score editing, then as far as I know, Cubase is the only one that has both.

A lot suggestions have been made without more input from you...I would like to know if you need to produce an "end product", finished music, not just a score? Do you need to produce "studio quality" music or would a demo pass along with your score? By producing for music libraries, do you mean companies that source out your music for commercial use?

Answers to these will help shape a credible answer.

thejonsolo wrote:If you are interested in a DAW that ALSO features notation/score editing, then as far as I know, Cubase is the only one that has both.
Reaper also, Logic too...
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Since this thread is a year old, the op has probably sorted herself out? :wink:

Googly Smythe wrote:Since this thread is a year old, the op has probably sorted herself out? :wink:
This is KVR, who cares about OP. :hihi:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:Since this thread is a year old, the op has probably sorted herself out? :wink:
This is KVR, who cares about OP. :hihi:
Of course! :dog: :D

Geez who resurrected this crap...they should be lynched.

According to my experience, the best DAW to get if you're coming from a classical/trained compositional background, writing via notation entry or playing in, is Steinberg Cubase. The quality of the sounds depends on the VSTi and sample library, nowadays that's pretty much Native Instruments Kontakt sampler and one of the many excellent, and often huge and expensive, orchestral sample libraries. For a good price and a professional sound (it's all over television orchestral music), I would recommend the Kirk Hunter libraries.

thejonsolo wrote:Geez who resurrected this crap...they should be lynched.
The thread-bumper had himself resurrected after a hiatus of a full decennium, so some catching up was to be expected :lol:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Bitwig Studio has very good third party plug-ins integration and easyness for beginners. Plus Bitwig Studio 2 introduced an interesting system of hardware integration with external midi clock. I just hope big hardware companies like Roland choose it as reference DAW to avail total integration with just usb connection... it would be great for mobility. :tu:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”