What Other Synths Have These Envelope Features

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering what other synths besides Sonigen Modular have these envelope features.

Rather than posting a longwinded verbal explanation, let me just show you by means of this picture:
SonigenModular - EnvelopeFeatures.png
PS: I mean as options. So you can choose what mode to use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Looks like the stage control there is another name for one-shot. Love that idea of independent legato on modulators wish more had it. Only other one I know with all those is ni massive. Absynth can prolly do it with all its envelope modes too I'd have to check it again. Massive's gate mode has a radio button that combines the legato and stage control there and makes them exclusive... makes sense if you think about it right?

What are the options when you click on the little arrow next to the curve symbol?

Occasionally I miss a pick-up mode in Sylenth1, which always does the hard retrigger thing.

The arrow is just a drop-down of different Slope types for the envelope. Linear/Log/Exponential etc.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Armagibbon wrote:Looks like the stage control there is another name for one-shot.
Not really. Envelopes are always 'one-shot' unless they have a loop segment, the difference here is that in standard (gated) mode the Attack and Decay stages will be interrupted when you release the key (and the Release stage will start) whereas in the other mode (lets call it triggered mode) the Attack and Decay stages will complete their turn regardless of whether the keyboard-gate is still on or not, in other words even if you release the key before they went all the way through to Sustain.

In Poly mode this allows for a real nice effect but there dont seem to be many synths that have this.

Personally i couldnt think of one besides Sonigen Modular.

fluffy_little_something wrote:What are the options when you click on the little arrow next to the curve symbol?
Like AJ said, just some other envelope shapes.
SonigenModular - EnvelopeShapes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NI Massive has lot of env options:

- Gate / One Shot / Hold
- Linear (only affects Decay phase)
- Poly / Mono / Mono-rotate
- Trigger: always / legato / thriller
- Envelope times can be modulated by the env itself for exp/log slopes
Last edited by Chris-S on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ENV1 wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:Looks like the stage control there is another name for one-shot.
Not really. Envelopes are always 'one-shot' unless they have a loop segment, the difference here is that in standard (gated) mode the Attack and Decay stages will be interrupted when you release the key (and the Release stage will start) whereas in the other mode (lets call it triggered mode) the Attack and Decay stages will complete their turn regardless of whether the keyboard-gate is still on or not, in other words even if you release the key before they went all the way through to Sustain.
Yea so trigger mode is a one-shot. Unless sustain kicks in while you're holding the note. And man... if trigger mode has sustain while the note's held down it's a f*ckin stupid name for it lol... I mean that's a f*ckin gate control with 2 triggers. Better just call it "complete stage attack-decay" or some shit instead. I mean what. Can't just call it what it is I guess? Gotta mince terms with trigger and gate because f*ck convention? Whatever. Some devs man...

The dev didnt use these terms, i used them because thats what the difference technically is.

- Standard mode: Keyboard-gate needs to be on for Attack and Decay stages to complete

- Triggered mode: Only a keyboard-trigger is needed, the gate is automatic until the Decay stage is through

The dev himself described it like this:
Sonigen wrote:This enables “free running” mode. The envelope will always complete the attack and
decay sections irrespective of whether the note has been released.
Not sure why youd think of this as a 'one-shot' as this term usually describes something else.

EDIT: I think i see now where youre coming from. One-shots too are usually controlled by a trigger+autogate, so that explains why one would think of 'one-shot' in this context. No problem.

Return to “Instruments”