Reaktor 6.2 update...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:I have heard that it's tens of thousands to get the ball rolling with NI
No way... synth plugins typically get sold in the low thousands, if popular, Kontakt libraries surely a bit less than that, so, considering the price point the Kontakt Player libraries are usually sold for, tens of thousands would entirely eat the budget. Would surprise me if licensing costs more than a few thousands.

Edit: ED beat me to it.

EvilDragon wrote:It's not exactly tens of thousands, but depending on the size of the library (talking Kontakt here), it can certainly go in mid-upper 4-digit territory for the first release by a new developer (because there's a one-time database entry fee, encoding fee etc.). There are such fixed fees, which are a low 4-digit number, and then you decide how many licences you purchase, and depending on the amount, the price per license lowers. Pretty standard bulk sales practice.
When you say "database entry", do you mean for the dev, or the product, or both?

For the dev. That's really just a one-time fee so they get you in their system. Per product database entry is basically the encoding fee.

elxsound wrote:...They are already on it along with Heavyocity, Blinksonic (I'm unfamiliar with), Time Exile's SLOO (which I've been meaning to download) and Tonsturm's The Whoosh (which seems it was previously offered by Melted Sounds but now offered via Tonsturm which is home to some nice raw recorodings).
About Blinksonic, real great dev.
Worth checking out.

EvilDragon wrote:For the dev. That's really just a one-time fee so they get you in their system. Per product database entry is basically the encoding fee.

So are you saying that each of the fees, database, encoding are EACH a low four digit number? I assume that there is a minimum license count purchase 100? 1000?

I have just updated Reaktor to 6.2 but i dont see the sorting option and the bass synth you are talking about?

ghettosynth wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:For the dev. That's really just a one-time fee so they get you in their system. Per product database entry is basically the encoding fee.

So are you saying that each of the fees, database, encoding are EACH a low four digit number? I assume that there is a minimum license count purchase 100? 1000?
Yeah. I think the lowest number was 400 or 500 for Kontakt, but that was some time ago, perhaps that changed.

Elektronisch wrote:I have just updated Reaktor to 6.2 but i dont see the sorting option and the bass synth you are talking about?
The bass synth is for Maschine (which also had an update), not Reaktor

elxsound wrote:They are already on it along with Heavyocity, Blinksonic (I'm unfamiliar with), Time Exile's SLOO (which I've been meaning to download) and Tonsturm's The Whoosh (which seems it was previously offered by Melted Sounds but now offered via Tonsturm which is home to some nice raw recorodings).
I've used the free Ruidoz by Blinksonic for a while, and recently upgraded to the paid version during their summer sale. It's a really well designed crossbreed of a sequenced glitch FXm drum machine (granular) sampler, inspiring interface and ships with high quality sample content. It can be fully reigned or wonderfully random, up to you. I find pretty much everything about it to be exceptional value for money and would recommend checking his stuff out. Can't wait to load it with my own contact mic samples :)

Return to “Instruments”