Need help configuring audio in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I've reinstalled Windows and I can't configure audio interface to make Bitwig record sound (it does play samples and works with a midi keyboard though). My system: Bitwig 1.3.16, HP laptop with Windows 10 64 bit and latest Realtek HD audio driver, no external sound cards or microphones, I used to capture sound just with the laptop. ASIO shows several devices but no matter which one I choose as input and no matter mono or stereo in Bitwig input settings, it doesn't work. It used to work before I did a clean reinstall of Windows but I don't have screenshots of my previous configuration. I can capture sound in Audacity which probably means that the problem is in the way I set up Bitwig.

Here's what currently shows up in ASIO settings:

Any ideas on what could go wrong?
Last edited by beirut_calling on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can capture sound in Audacity which probably means that the problem is in the way I set up Bitwig.

Use WASAPI if your souncard has no real ASIO drivers.

Maybe try either of the inputs insted of having both enabled? Also, what are the options available 'deeper', ie. when you click those triangles? In my experience Asio4All sometimes picks the wrong frequency range that'a unavailable in the device.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

nsq wrote:Use WASAPI if your souncard has no real ASIO drivers.
It used to work with ASIO and same Windows version before the reinstall. I tried Wasapi and it shows an output but no inputs.
antic604 wrote:Maybe try either of the inputs insted of having both enabled? Also, what are the options available 'deeper', ie. when you click those triangles? In my experience Asio4All sometimes picks the wrong frequency range that'a unavailable in the device.
Thanks, I will try it tonight.

Is the sample rate set low in Bitwig, like 44.1? Some internal laptop sound cards cant take higher sample rates.
:shrug:
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

Return to “Bitwig”