Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Sibelius19
KVRer

15 posts since 22 Feb, 2013

Postby Sibelius19; Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:50 pm Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

Sibelius19
KVRer

15 posts since 22 Feb, 2013

Postby Sibelius19; Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:55 pm Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

My apologies, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "audio input."
Please forgive me for the misunderstanding.
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

2821 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Postby Kalamata Kid; Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:50 pm Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

Sibelius19 wrote:My apologies, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "audio input."
Please forgive me for the misunderstanding.

Somewhere I saw that the Chordscape had an audio input I assume like an audio fx plugin would have. I cannot now find now so perhaps my memory has failed me... again! Sorry!

I will now check out your videos.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Postby Kalamata Kid; Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:18 pm Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

Erick,

Very detailed videos. :love:
Will come in very handy.

Thanks for all your help.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
Lind0n
KVRist

36 posts since 1 Feb, 2005, from UK

Postby Lind0n; Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 am Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sibelius19 wrote:Hi Kalamata Kid,
I'm not Lindon, but I think I can answer some of these questions.
Regarding audio-input, it is not a real-time effects processor for live audio. However, you can load your own samples into it, and I've made a couple videos showing how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Y8EeHvWPX1E
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=7P91eP8jLLA

That being said, it comes with 811 sounds, which can be loaded in any of the 4 "source" slots.

I'm not very familiar with Multi-touch capabilities, so I'll let Lindon handle that one.
I know it can accept multiple midi-control messages simultaneously (and these can be assigned to almost any parameter in the instrument).

The sale ends on the 31st of August.
Hope that helps!

--Erick McNerney

Sibelius19,

Thanks for the help.

What is the audio input for?

Tried the two links and got
"You must create a channel to upload videos. Create a channel"

OK first multi-touch.

Chordscape is a Kontakt 5.5+ instrument, you will need Kontakt 5.5 FULL (not the player) - if you have Kontakt libraries from other developers that you can use multi-touch with then Chordscape will be the same - but nothing in its development was made for -or to avoid - multi-touch. It's really down to Kontakt supporting it. As We dont have multi-touch devices we cant test this.

Audio Input
As Erick says its not an effects processor but an instrument so there is no Audio input. It's a Kontakt instrument, and as Erick says you can load your own sounds into it to be processed - see his videos.

End of Sale date
I think this is end of August - so only a few days to go everyone!

Finally this:
Kalamata Kid wrote:What is the audio input for?

Tried the two links and got
"You must create a channel to upload videos. Create a channel"

Er..... are you trying to upload a video showing the thing you are trying? Where on the Kontakt UI are you trying to use an Audio Input?
Lindon was once a professional sound designer and musician now he's trying to be an amateur at everything....
tatanka
KVRian

652 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 pm Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

Hi,

I really tried to use it the "intended" way but still find it very hard to handle with the "target" of making something like a "song".

So an idea for the 1.1 (or later) which should be easy to implement:

- if midi could not "come in" the way it usually does, why not at least let it come OUT ?

So if you could implement some midi drag and drop export (like infundibulum, cracklefield, at least his - SzCz - FREE script) we could use this for at least exporting the sequencer with right notes/scale to add a base, a pluck.....

I have tried to just render the output in waveform - that often works with kontakt instrument sequencers - but not in this case (thing you have not "opened" midi out or whatever is needed for this) but thats a special function from this daw so a simple midi drag and drop record/export of the sequenced stuff would really, really be appreciated :clap:
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Postby Kalamata Kid; Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:25 am Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

deleted.
stupid comment
Lind0n
KVRist

36 posts since 1 Feb, 2005, from UK

Postby Lind0n; Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:44 am Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

tatanka wrote:Hi,

I really tried to use it the "intended" way but still find it very hard to handle with the "target" of making something like a "song".

So an idea for the 1.1 (or later) which should be easy to implement:

- if midi could not "come in" the way it usually does, why not at least let it come OUT ?

So if you could implement some midi drag and drop export (like infundibulum, cracklefield, at least his - SzCz - FREE script) we could use this for at least exporting the sequencer with right notes/scale to add a base, a pluck.....

I have tried to just render the output in waveform - that often works with kontakt instrument sequencers - but not in this case (thing you have not "opened" midi out or whatever is needed for this) but thats a special function from this daw so a simple midi drag and drop record/export of the sequenced stuff would really, really be appreciated :clap:

Well a couple of points here....

You assume the sequencer is generating MIDI notes, its not - its generating re-tuning instructions. Chordscape is actually only generating a single MIDI note - so if you used the "Send to outside world" option in Kontakt(its in the MIDI section of your options panel I think) you would see one MIDI note being retriggered over and over again...- not really a useful MIDI export.

Chordscape generates sounds - drone sounds - you can select specific chords or notes (C, D, Eminor etc.) and use those in your "song" - you can then "move" these notes and chords wherever you like - using either:
- the sequencer
- the repitching keys
- the Pitch control

so you can change the key that Chordscape is playing to suit the key of the song you are in.

What is it that you are missing from the product here?
Lindon was once a professional sound designer and musician now he's trying to be an amateur at everything....
tatanka
KVRian

652 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:30 am Re: Chordscape by Divergent Audio - Opinions?

Hi Lindon,

evrything is fine now with 1.1 :D :D :D :D

I posted in the other thread and as review on kontakthub I am really, really happy with the 1.1 and its "playability" :tu:

The midi output thing was just an idea when it might be to complicated to improve the playability, but it was not, you did more then ever expected, so just forget about that midi thing :D
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments