Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
starflakeprj
KVRist

474 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Postby starflakeprj; Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:47 am Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

I think it's only illegal to compare products in commercials, in some countries.

For instance, in Sweden, Coca Cola would not be allowed to bash Pepsi in an official commercial. I find it hard to believe it would be illegal to make a general comparison though.
db3
KVRian

1459 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Postby db3; Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

This is a non-story :roll:
-dthree-
DuX
KVRAF

3449 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:02 pm Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

Where are those "last month I made $50000 working at home" guys when you need them? :hihi:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

6616 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 pm Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

I read the subject as 'synthetic butter' and figured thats just margarine

Kind of fitting considering the above posts
The future is yesterday
Russell Grand
KVRist

466 posts since 22 May, 2017

Postby Russell Grand; Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 pm Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

starflakeprj wrote:I think it's only illegal to compare products in commercials, in some countries.

For instance, in Sweden, Coca Cola would not be allowed to bash Pepsi in an official commercial. I find it hard to believe it would be illegal to make a general comparison though.

Ah ok, that makes sense. 8)
But yeah, in this instance Lennar Digital and Sylenth1 weren't being bashed, so I'm still not sure what grounds Leonard would have for successfully flagging the video...

Oh well, this is a silly thread. Moving on. :hihi:
Russell Grand
KVRist

466 posts since 22 May, 2017

Postby Russell Grand; Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 pm Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I read the subject as 'synthetic butter' and figured thats just margarine

Kind of fitting considering the above posts

:lol:
GeorgeZ
KVRAF

2983 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:13 am Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

...and it's gone. That didn't last long, then again, it was utter tripe anyway :hihi:
Eternitysound VST Banks
mehum
KVRist

403 posts since 24 Feb, 2015, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby mehum; Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:34 am Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

AlesisVi61 wrote:I was 15 once too

And bullying a kid is a great way to show how much you have matured since!
Impodiam
KVRist

31 posts since 10 Aug, 2017

Postby Impodiam; Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:49 am Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

You sure it was Lennar that took it down? It just seems strange that the creator of one of the most used Soft Synths out there would really care about something this...well...small.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

3772 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:21 am Re: Synthetic Better Than Sylenth1??

Impodiam wrote:You sure it was Lennar that took it down? It just seems strange that the creator of one of the most used Soft Synths out there would really care about something this...well...small.

I made the point earlier in a more churlish way (sorry Russell). You can search for the maker of the original videos on YouTube and they haven't got more than 100 views apiece. There are tons of videos with thousands of views that use warezed versions of Sylenth. They are still up. I doubt Lennard is trying to police videos on YT.

Other than a copyright strike, I don't think YT even tells the video maker who has flagged a video. With most social media, flags for offensive material etc are handled anonymously. So, how the OP would know it was Lennard is...a mystery. The OP, on the other hand, thought it was clever to take some teenager's work and ridicule it.

Draw your own conclusions as to how much you trust anything the OP writes.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments