New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

This update is fantastic. Just being able to turn off 'smooth wavesets' is great. Works much more effectively as a subharmonic generator on monophonic material with low values in 'seq' mode. I used to do this in CDP with 'waveset omit' so it's great to have a real time implementation of this.

The 'bend' algorithm sounds great/horrible with 2 fast sample and hold modules modulating the crush and SR knobs. Combine that with the non-smoothed waveset processor while bashing the filter around with another S&H module and man... this thing sounds fantastic. Thank you!

Any chance of an option that lets bias mess with the wavesets in the future rather than being compensated? It's one of my CDP tricks (try DC offset -0.2, waveset filter lowpass at 10Hz, then waveset interpolate... wooooo!) but I appreciate things could get quite messy for people who aren't familar with waveset processing. While I'm dreaming, how about some waveset algorithms for Dent 3? Waveset Repeat might work nicely in real-time!

edit: audio removed - thought I was last post on previous page rather than first post on this page and don't want a non-Dent sound to be the first thing people see. First track in 'sound examples' in my sig if you want to hear the CDP trick described above
Last edited by cron on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Still no updates on my account.

Update: Indent 2 just showed up in my account.

Bought the upgrade from the free Indent I received! Thanks Unfiltered Audio!!

Free indent 2 on my account this morning !!! :o :D
they rulezzzzzz ! :clap:

the new features are very very good !

Great update, love the step seq and new filter options, class.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

thelizard wrote:How's everyone liking the updates?
Well, I try hard... stellar update on paper.

But oh boy, especially that "tube" algorithm sounds like arse... oversampling or not.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

cron wrote:Update: Indent 2 just showed up in my account.
hivkorn wrote:Free indent 2 on my account this morning !!! :o :D
Hmmm... I don't see anything yet, just the upgrade to Dent 2.
Are they rolling out slowly over their userbase or am I missing something?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

evilantal wrote:
cron wrote:Update: Indent 2 just showed up in my account.
hivkorn wrote:Free indent 2 on my account this morning !!! :o :D
Hmmm... I don't see anything yet, just the upgrade to Dent 2.
Are they rolling out slowly over their userbase or am I missing something?
I think that people who got Indent for free will not be able to upgrade to Indent 2, I am seeing only Dent 2 as an upgrade option.
That is too bad, because I like less options in Indent.

I hope I am wrong.
It's easy if you know how

Love the update, but what's with the steep low pass at 2 x oversampling?

Got my updates for Dent 2 and Indent 2 - great. Unfiltered Audio nailed the sound and ergonomics in all of their plug ins - simply fantastic. But I'm a bit worried about the presets I did with the old versions. Will the old Dent be updated too in the future (new OS etc.)? And I cannot migrate the presets as compatibility is broken. Will there be a conversion possibility/utility one day for these user presets, even if they're not 100% compatible?

dreamvoid wrote:Got my updates for Dent 2 and Indent 2 - great. Unfiltered Audio nailed the sound and ergonomics in all of their plug ins - simply fantastic. But I'm a bit worried about the presets I did with the old versions. Will the old Dent be updated too in the future (new OS etc.)? And I cannot migrate the presets as compatibility is broken. Will there be a conversion possibility/utility one day for these user presets, even if they're not 100% compatible?
Good news: Dent and Indent 2 will load the old presets correctly. It should turn off AGC and set the filter to LP so that the behavior is correct (Also, Dent 1 presets should load with Complex mode off).

When I say that compatibility was broken, I was talking more about automation, parameter IDs, etc.

thelizard wrote:Good news: Dent and Indent 2 will load the old presets correctly. It should turn off AGC and set the filter to LP so that the behavior is correct (Also, Dent 1 presets should load with Complex mode off).

When I say that compatibility was broken, I was talking more about automation, parameter IDs, etc.
Oh, great! But I tried yesterday and on my Mac the old presets were greyed out when I tried to load with the V2 versions. Maybe I did something wrong and I will try again.

BTW, concerning the user presets, "save preset" default path of the Dent 2 is strange.
What is the correct Dent 2 preset location (Win 10), checked the obvious suspects, no luck?

Ok, I just received information from technical support, whoever got free Indent in a recent promotion can only upgrade to Dent 2, not Indent 2. Good news are that you get a free Indent 2 when you upgrade to Dent 2.
It's easy if you know how

Return to “Effects”