GDM - Deadly Weather (Post-Psych)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought I was finished with this one a while back, but recently got a Realistic Moog MG-1 and it turned out to be the missing element!

Hope someone here enjoys. Let me know what you think:

https://goldendeathmusic.bandcamp.com/t ... ly-weather

If anyone is interested, the drums are Addictive Drums 2, the Rhodes is from Addictive Keys, and everything else is a real instrument (electric guitar, clarinet, and a Moog MG-1). DAW is Reaper and interface is a Tascam UH-7000.

Excellent writing and recording. I like the bluesy vibe and I agree that the synth sounds add a lot of dimension. Not much to critique, honestly! The only thing might be that there's a strange, very subtle tape-splice like hitch at 4:17. A layperson probably wouldn't notice it.

Thanks so much for listening and I am very glad you like it. I don't have much of an audience these days, so every single bit of feedback really helps keep me going. Yeah, I know what you are talking about at 4:17...I thought it was a editing issue as the solo is comped from a couple different takes but that part is actually unedited so I guess I just played it that way. Anyway, all the best to you and your own music, and thank you again for taking the time to listen!

A deceptively catchy tune considering the dark subject matter. I enjoyed the arrangement which I think has a 70s vibe. All the hand played parts makes this a good listen all the way through.

Good stuff! :tu:

It does sound like 70s soul updated with synth sounds and rock lead guitar. You've managed to recycle that feeling add some special sauce and come up with something different.

It was a rewarding listen!

Return to “Music Cafe”