My attempt at 80s Inspired simple dance track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello friends,

When you find some free time, do check out my latest attempt at music making. It's a fairly simple/straight forward upbeat dance track laced with few elements of 80s. As always, welcome your valuable feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/triumphant-single

Thanks for listening :D

Cheers! :tu:

Sounds very nice! ! I like it.. what synths drums and presets did you use?

Regards
Surreal

surreal wrote:Sounds very nice! ! I like it.. what synths drums and presets did you use?

Regards
Surreal
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words, mate :)

Drums (kick, snare, hihat, rimshot, and tom) are samples from Ultimate Synthwave Sample Pack Vol.1 by Ste Ingham aka Retro Thunder (imho, this is one of the fine collection of samples that is guaranteed to inspire. Ste gave the whole thing for free, few weeks back, in his YouTube channel)

Synths, I mainly used Synth1, sparingly PG8X and Sylenth1

Presets - Godly Famous Bank for Synth1 (not the currently available commercial one, but the initial free version with 40+ presets that you could find it in here at KVR), a preset collection that I use heavily on most of my works.

Hi Mate,

Thank you very much! !

Keep them awesome tracks pumping!

Would like to hear more of your stuff!!

Regards

Impressive that you got these warm-sounding (or at least "80s cold" at times) synth sounds out of synth1! I think you did a good job getting the style down but the track could use a little more variation. Maybe try having a section with a different chord progression or a different bass line under the chords.

nineofkings wrote:Impressive that you got these warm-sounding (or at least "80s cold" at times) synth sounds out of synth1! I think you did a good job getting the style down but the track could use a little more variation. Maybe try having a section with a different chord progression or a different bass line under the chords.
Thanks for the kind words, sir. I will sure try to incorporate your suggestions of variation in my tracks. In my next song "Nirvana" I did tried few variation in the Bassline, it sounds (to my untrained ears that is) a bit more polished than this one. Do kindly check that one too, when you have some free time.

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/nirvana-single

Regarding warmth of the track, I am heavy user of Variety of sound plugins (BootEQ, BaxterEQ and FerricTDS, in particular) in my individual tracks as well as master bus. IMHO, these array of plugins makes most of my tracks more warmer than their original sounds.

Thanks again for the valuable feedback :)

Return to “Music Cafe”