Electronic maybe-pop: Voices Crossing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Abstract electronic sorta-kinda-pop. Accidentally sounds a bit like late Radiohead at times. https://soundcloud.com/nine-of-kings/voices-crossing

Any thoughts? For the best experience listen in stereo!

I've played this 4 or five times over the last few days, and it's growing on me. I like the panned synth during the intro, and the vocal pitch-drop at 0:49 worked really well. The drums at the beginning reminded me on NIN's "Closer". Nice change at 2:15-2:20 into the "Radiohead" closing section. Excellent stuff.

Good work :)

Your usual solid songwriting is on display. The vocals at the end are a nice surprise.

I think the production and barebones arrangement aren't ideal. That droney riff gets a bit monotonous and sits in your vocal range making it hard to make out the lyrics.

A very good song that perhaps could be reworked a bit. :tu:

Yeah, I like it. I agree with seismic1 that the drums at the beginning are kind of reminiscent of NIN, but then you take it in quite a different direction. The vocal line, if placed on top of a different kind of instrumental track, would almost qualify as uplifting. As it is, we get a more ambivalent emotional experience out of it... but that's not a bad thing. I enjoyed it. You really are a good songwriter.

seismic1 wrote:I've played this 4 or five times over the last few days, and it's growing on me. I like the panned synth during the intro, and the vocal pitch-drop at 0:49 worked really well. The drums at the beginning reminded me on NIN's "Closer". Nice change at 2:15-2:20 into the "Radiohead" closing section. Excellent stuff.

Thanks! I didn't realize the NIN resemblance but now that you mention it it's uncanny.

nineofkings wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I've played this 4 or five times over the last few days, and it's growing on me. I like the panned synth during the intro, and the vocal pitch-drop at 0:49 worked really well. The drums at the beginning reminded me on NIN's "Closer". Nice change at 2:15-2:20 into the "Radiohead" closing section. Excellent stuff.

Thanks! I didn't realize the NIN resemblance but now that you mention it it's uncanny.
The percussion was the first thing I noticed. It works very well.

not uplifting, thank goodness

best aspect for me is you switched pulse to a 6:4 relationship with what came before at exactly the point I felt it had played out and that 4 minutes will be a minute too long for the thing.

I like the general droniness of this, but it does get old after about 1 minute. It's nice you try to change it up a bit here and there, but overall it lost my interest rather quickly. I do like your voice though.

Return to “Music Cafe”