New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I got the same reply for the support.

That's so weird, their marketting technique is opaque to say the least : i mean, it's called a crossgrade (not an upgrade), and i don't need the "big" Dent2, i just would like to upgrade to Indent2. It seems to me the simplest thing in the world, and it's the first time i am not allowed to actually upgrade :dog:

There is not a single word about this in their newsletter, there had no announcement about unallowing the user to upgrade to the same software they own, and i don't see the point in doing that. It's like when Live10 will be out i will not be able to upgrade if i don't get also Max for Live ? :dog:
And i think it's so dodgy and weird that there is no official mention of it either on their website, the newsletter or the user account : you have to contact the tech support to get a reply ?

I am really ok to support the dev as it is a great update which required quite a lot of time. But, to me (and like any other software developer do, right ?), supporting the dev is upgrading to the new version of the SAME software, not having to buy something i don't need just because it's cheap and being unallowed to upgrade to Indent2 in the same time...

Kudos to Unfiltered Audio :tu: for creating innovative effects and being communicative on the web, but sc*w you Plugin Alliance for your opaque and dodgy marketting strategy which is so shady that you don't even write it publicly on your website, your newsletters, or even your user's accounts. :evil:

I recently bought every Audio Damage or ToneBoosters upgrades, because i wanted it and i think it's fair to support the dev team. But also because i upgraded TB reverb3 to... TB Reverb4, and AD Kombinat Dva to... Kombinat Tri, not software X for software Y :?

Lesha wrote:Ok, I just received information from technical support, whoever got free Indent in a recent promotion can only upgrade to Dent 2, not Indent 2. Good news are that you get a free Indent 2 when you upgrade to Dent 2.
I should ask them myself, but perhaps you've been told whether this crossgrade is time limited? Or maybe thelizard knows? :)

Regardless, thanks for letting us know! Much appreciated.

BDeep wrote:
Lesha wrote:Ok, I just received information from technical support, whoever got free Indent in a recent promotion can only upgrade to Dent 2, not Indent 2. Good news are that you get a free Indent 2 when you upgrade to Dent 2.
I should ask them myself, but perhaps you've been told whether this crossgrade is time limited? Or maybe thelizard knows? :)

Sorry, I haven't asked if it's time limited, my support ticket is closed now :(
It's easy if you know how

You can reopen support tickets.
State your problems to PA. They listen. With enough complaints they'll make sure this issue doesn't happen again.

Lesha wrote:
BDeep wrote:

Sorry, I haven't asked if it's time limited, my support ticket is closed now :(
That's altight, I'll wait a bit for thelizard or will open one myself. Thanks!

mt3 wrote:You can reopen support tickets.
State your problems to PA. They listen. With enough complaints they'll make sure this issue doesn't happen again.
Once it's closed it can't be opened, I would have to open a new one.
BDeep wrote:That's altight, I'll wait a bit for thelizard or will open one myself. Thanks!
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Hi folks, this is Jeremy from Plugin Alliance. I just wanted to clarify something for @sinkmusic -- I just wanted to clarify that if you paid for Indent 1.0, you automatically get a free Indent 2.0 license. If you didn't pay for Indent 1.0, you can pay just $29 and you'll get both Indent 2.0 and Dent 2.0!

If you need help, please contact the support team https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html and we'll be happy to help you!

Plugin Alliance wrote:Hi folks, this is Jeremy from Plugin Alliance. I just wanted to clarify something for @sinkmusic -- I just wanted to clarify that if you paid for Indent 1.0, you automatically get a free Indent 2.0 license. If you didn't pay for Indent 1.0, you can pay just $29 and you'll get both Indent 2.0 and Dent 2.0!

If you need help, please contact the support team https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html and we'll be happy to help you!
Hi jeremy, is the $29 offer time limited?

Thanks,
Rsp
sound sculptist

Plugin Alliance wrote:Hi folks, this is Jeremy from Plugin Alliance. I just wanted to clarify something for @sinkmusic -- I just wanted to clarify that if you paid for Indent 1.0, you automatically get a free Indent 2.0 license. If you didn't pay for Indent 1.0, you can pay just $29 and you'll get both Indent 2.0 and Dent 2.0!

Hi, Jeremy.
Thank you for the clarification. It wasn't obvious or specified anywhere.
Money apart (the crossgrade offer is really fair), I still don't understand why we can not just upgrade to v2 : it's either we stick with v1 or crossgrade to another plugin. It's the first time I see such a thing.

Maaaan. Spec ops combined with the updated distortion plugins makes for some neat sounds.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Can we expect an update to G8 at some point? It has never worked out-of-the-box in FL Studio. Something to do with the I/O configuration. Cheers.

edit: Current way to to get it to work is by sending G8 outputs 3/4 to an unused mixer track and muting it. I don't understand why this should be necessary in a gate plugin. You'd assume the bits chopped off the gated signal should be inaudible by default and not sent to the main OUT. This also has the side effect that the default patch (i.e. no gating) doubles the gain when @ 0% Wet, because it sends both the original signal and a carbon copy of it to the OUT :uhuhuh:

zvenx wrote: Hi jeremy, is the $29 offer time limited?
As of now, there is no set expiration date. If we do set an expiration date at some point, we will certainly give everyone ample warning!

And sinkmusic, there are technical reasons why you can't directly upgrade from Indent to Indent 2.0 that I won't get into, but when you upgrade to Dent 2.0, you'll also get Indent 2.0, and you certainly don't have to use Dent 2.0! :D

By the way -- I'm assuming that you all knew what I meant, but I should probably clarify that when I said "People who didn't pay for Indent," I should have said "Indent owners who didn't pay for Indent."

One more thing: I noticed that there's some question about whether you can reopen an old support ticket. You generally can't, unless the support agent set the ticket status to "Pending," which we occasionally do for ongoing issues. But in any case, all you have to do is start a new ticket and give the original ticket number in your message, and we'll be happy to reference it or reopen it if necessary.

audiosabre wrote:Can we expect an update to G8 at some point? It has never worked out-of-the-box in FL Studio. Something to do with the I/O configuration. Cheers.

edit: Current way to to get it to work is by sending G8 outputs 3/4 to an unused mixer track and muting it. I don't understand why this should be necessary in a gate plugin. You'd assume the bits chopped off the gated signal should be inaudible by default and not sent to the main OUT. This also has the side effect that the default patch (i.e. no gating) doubles the gain when @ 0% Wet, because it sends both the original signal and a carbon copy of it to the OUT :uhuhuh:
We're working on it. The issue with FLStudio is that it automatically mixes every channel of multi-output plugins together by default. G8 outputs 3/4 are "Reject Outs," or the inverse of the gated signal. In FL, this has the annoying side effect of giving you your dry signal (as the wet signal and its inverse are summed together). The update will have an option to mute the Reject Outputs, which should fix this behavior.

Hey everyone, just a quick note that my communication speeds will be slow until Monday or so. We're prepping for a potentially bad hurricane here in Houston, so I'm running around and taking care of last-minute prepping errands before the storm hits tomorrow/Saturday. The storm has potential to knock out power/internet for a few days. I will ask Josh (Amusesmile) to post updates. I'll still post here periodically while I have a connection.

thelizard wrote:Hey everyone, just a quick note that my communication speeds will be slow until Monday or so. We're prepping for a potentially bad hurricane here in Houston, so I'm running around and taking care of last-minute prepping errands before the storm hits tomorrow/Saturday. The storm has potential to knock out power/internet for a few days. I will ask Josh (Amusesmile) to post updates. I'll still post here periodically while I have a connection.
Take care man, hope everything goes fine there.

Return to “Effects”