the world first album composed and produced by an artificial intelligence !!!!!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pheh
<Amper isn’t meant to act totally on its own, but was designed specifically to work in collaboration with human musicians: “One of our core beliefs as a company is that the future of music is going to be created in the collaboration between humans and AI. We want that collaborative experience to propel the creative process forward.">

Yeah, we don't actually need help, though, do we. I don't share this belief at all. I find this kind of hype (probably) means someone is getting paid to hype something.

Yeah: "it just works with manual inputs from the human artist when it comes to style and overall rhythm." :?
So much for that.

:scared: For crying out loud, some of us can't even give our music (bwa hah aha) away for free, and now AI's are already making better (somehow) music than us.

:cry:

Thank f**k for that bitcoin I bought all those years ago, or I'd be starved lumpenproletariat :lol: :party:

as I pointed out, even the proponent of this admits the thing needs human input to even determine the rhythm (and 'style', which kind of makes me think they're bullshitting to even be talking about what a composition is in the first place), so I'm not worried

This isn't the "first" (nor even the second). Software that creates music exists since a longtime. Just take a look here:

https://phys.org/news/2011-12-mozart-ma ... sical.html

Anyway, the point is: What did the software really "create"? How much was human input, and how much was deductive AI elaboration? And what means more?
Fernando (FMR)

Like any generative music system, the real artists are the ones who wrote the software, and depending on the level of interaction offered, the person who pushes play. I mean, you could just as easily take the output of M or Koan or some csound creation and get an orchestra to play it. This just sounds like hype from a company trying to position itself to steal work away from working composers. I'm much more interested in the AI work coming out of Google, which is fascinating and seems like it would be a ton of fun to interact with as an artist.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

fmr wrote:This isn't the "first" (nor even the second). Software that creates music exists since a longtime. Just take a look here:

https://phys.org/news/2011-12-mozart-ma ... sical.html

Anyway, the point is: What did the software really "create"? How much was human input, and how much was deductive AI elaboration? And what means more?
the computer piece lacks an overarching structure and there’s no sense of a musical idea being developed. (the surprisingly good imitation of JS Bach)

literally lol
but it isn't really surprising that you can input style features into a machine and it spits something out that seems kinda sorta right, not at this time.

I've written about this here, what experiences does the AI draw from, what emotions does it have?
As a technical feat, why not applaud that but the topic title isn't even true, that wasn't done.

Pfft. I did exactly the same thing with Markov chains in (what was then known as) Max/MSP applied to some improvisations from my mates on the university's jazz course. Maybe not exactly the same thing, but assuming that "for each note it plays, it can predict the likely value of the next note... and choose the next note based on those odds" is accurate, it was exactly the same thing.

It sounded like shit because not a single part of it was adequately constructed, from the minuscule 'training database' (if I can even call it that) to the inefficient code and platform, but I did it!
Last edited by cron on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

My pace of finishing new material was too slow. But now with Amper, I am pleased to announce I will be releasing a triple box set of all new material tomorrow! :wheee:

Frantz wrote:My pace of finishing new material was too slow. But now with Amper, I am pleased to announce I will be releasing a triple box set of all new material tomorrow! :wheee:
:clap:
That's the spirit! I can't wait for the sexbots, myself.

Aleatoriac wrote:
Frantz wrote:My pace of finishing new material was too slow. But now with Amper, I am pleased to announce I will be releasing a triple box set of all new material tomorrow! :wheee:
:clap:
That's the spirit! I can't wait for the sexbots, myself.
obviously, much easier kind of satisfaction to handle for an artificial "intelligence"

Automation is a serious enough issue as it is. We don't need it taking jobs from musicians as well.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”