EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If Windows is using the device as well as the DAW, make sure the Windows samplerate matches.

Put my old faithful Emu 1212m on the MSI b350 Tomahawk,Ryzen 7 1700 build,working fantastic.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
I always install the cd installation disc drivers before updating,then I get no problems.

BTW,where can I get the awesome light blue patchmix skin?

Smasha wrote:Put my old faithful Emu 1212m on the MSI b350 Tomahawk,Ryzen 7 1700 build,working fantastic.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit.
I always install the cd installation disc drivers before updating,then I get no problems.
Thank you for that info. :)
PCI or PCIe version ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Having issues on an asrock extreme 4 motherboard with i5 quad core with PCI version of 1212m. I don't recall having major issues before, but last week I have been getting horrible pops and cracks when starting to stream or mouse scrolling. I think it might be an IRQ conflict with video card? Changing PCIe slots of video card is not an option. I tried swapping main and daughter cards. Didn't change anything. Playback with MOBO sound card or hdmi out is fine. Problem seems to be mainly with WDM playback, but could be with ASIO playback too. I haven't really used it with ASIO much lately.

Any other ideas? and or how to change IRQ settings without breaking my computer (window 7 64bit).
Last edited by dahleylama on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry to say that, but i think it is just broken.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/manage- ... s-windows/
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

The really bad popping is pretty intermittent (usually pops up during starting a video on browser or scrolling), but minor cracking present more often and sometime issue isn't there at all...
I attached my IRQ. Sound is on its own actually. PCI-PCI bridge is shared with video card but I'm not sure that matters.
-Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Do you maybe have some spare PC or parts you could install the 1212M with, to eliminate the possibility that it is something else in your current config that is causing this problem ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Hi there,

I just got a 1212m (I know, it's an old, outdated, blablabla card, whatever, I don't care, I am not interested and do not want to jump in to our days' maintstream ultrafuturesuperhightek bullshit stuffs, I am absolutely satisfied what I have - my sw/hw setup build a decade ago :) ), so I have some questions about it:
is normal that its DSP resources run out relatively fast; I just put two stereo reverb, and bamm, greyed out, as many other core effects? I use the 4 ADAT outs, and want to effects on those.

How can I setup a "default" session that I want to start on every start?

Sometimes I hear some little pops while playing. Not disturbing, and really just occasionaly, but it is there. Sync is Locked (to the other computers card), latency is fine, there are no pikes (latency checker). Tested on Q8300 and E6550. No differences.
Could it be the pci slot?

zolee wrote:is normal that its DSP resources run out relatively fast; I just put two stereo reverb, and bamm, greyed out, as many other core effects?
Yes, the effects are high quality, but the DSP hardware is not very powerful.
zolee wrote:How can I setup a "default" session that I want to start on every start?
You can save sessions, but it will remember the last state it was in before you powered down your PC.
zolee wrote:Sometimes I hear some little pops while playing. Not disturbing, and really just occasionaly, but it is there. Sync is Locked (to the other computers card), latency is fine, there are no pikes (latency checker). Tested on Q8300 and E6550. No differences.
By "while playing", you mean these pops are not visible on the waveform display after you recorded the audio ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

zolee wrote:Sometimes I hear some little pops while playing. Not disturbing, and really just occasionaly, but it is there. Sync is Locked (to the other computers card), latency is fine, there are no pikes (latency checker). Tested on Q8300 and E6550. No differences.
Same here. I used to have an Emu 1212m some years ago, but could never get rid of the incessant popping.

The only trick that helped to minimize (but not completely remove) the popping, was to use ASIO.

Interestingly, as long as any software was using the ASIO driver (for example, simply opening REAPER or another DAW, but not playing anything through the DAW), other media players could play via normal Wave output with little or no popping.

I don't have any popping on mine.
PCI version.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Not just on playing, it appears in the recorded material.

Weird.

zolee wrote:Not just on playing, it appears in the recorded material.

Weird.
Then there is nothing wrong with playback.
Are you sure all the inputs that you are not currently recording, are muted ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I had pops too once. I remember specifically in my case it happened when I moved the card to another slot to allow for a bigger graphics card. Either the PCIe slot or I was even told proximity to the other card in spite of shielding might have been the culprit. But in my case moving it again worked.

Hmm.
No. All of the inputs were "open"...
Actually, I dont need the inputs by the way, this pc functions as a vsti host...
Thanks the suggestion, I will try with removed input strips!

Yeah, I will try to place it onto another slot. And yes, I too put it into the bottom slot, farest away from the graphics card.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”