Unable to install Sylenth1 v3.0.3.2 on OSX 10.10.5

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having trouble installing Sylenth1.
After running the installer the Component and VST are in the right place but on opening Ableton I get this
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 5.56.14 pm.png
So I made that directory and reinstall now I get this upon opening the VST
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 5.57.48 pm.png
So I made the directory containing Settings.xml, reinstall and now there looks like some valid XML in the settings.xml file but now it can't find the default skin.
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 6.02.46 pm.png
I had a skim through the install scripts but I don't know how to unpackage all the supporting files and install them manually. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Did you re-install Sylenth1 as the message told you to? That'll fix the problem. You shouldn't manually create any folders, that won't get you anywhere.

Yes I did as the message said and tried reinstalling a few times. Can you think of any other things I might have missed? I'm at a complete loss.

That's strange. Possibly your home folder permissions are set incorrectly. Try this to reset them to default: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538

Then delete the following folder in Finder:

/Users/Jack/Library/Application Support/LennarDigital

After that re-install (the latest version of) Sylenth1 and make sure that it re-created this folder with the Sylenth1 data folder in it. Sylenth1 should then start up fine.

Still no luck after adjusting permissions and a fresh download. I imagine it's a problem with my computer. Is there some way I can get the configuration files so I can install them manually?

Unfortunately not. Did you delete the folder as suggested? Did the installer recreate it? Was there any contents in it?

Yes, I followed your instructions to the letter but had no success. After resetting permissions as described on the Apple support page it wouldn't reappear after an install.

Even after changing the permissions to 777 on each directory in /Users/Jack/Library/Application\ Support/ the deleted LennarDigital folder wasn't recreated when I ran the installer. Neither did it appear in the corresponding spot in the system library. However when I delete the VST and Component from /Users/Jack/Library/Audio/Plugins they are recreated after a fresh install. Puzzling.

I'm wondering if I have somehow cooked my machine and this is a symptom of a different problem. Any other suggestions are most welcome, thank you for spending the time on this.

That's strange indeed. How about the permissions in the "/Library/Application Support/" folder (not the one in your User folder)? The installer needs access there too. Should be same permissions as "/Library/Audio/Plug-ins" has.

Also, does the installer complete without any error message?

Return to “LennarDigital”