Acoustica 7 - noise reduction not working in Standard?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm loving the interface for Acoustica 7 so far, but have hit a problem:

I'm confused about noise reduction.

1. In the Enhancement menu, it has three options:
Analyze Noise, Automatic deNoise, and deNoise.
But no matter which one I pick, it brings up the same deNoise plugin. What's the difference?

2. In Acoustica Standard, the deNoise plugin has a Learn button. I turn the Learn button on, and I play back a sample of the noise I want to remove. The graph shows some levels. When I hit Stop, the graph starts to fade away (slides down the screen). So did it actually take note of the noise sample? Has it stored some data somewhere that I can't see? There's nothing to indicate it's taken my noise sample into account.

3. If I play with the noise reduction settings in Acoustica Standard, I can get it to reduce the noise when I press the preview button. It sounds good. But if I click Process to apply the effect, it doesn't work. It appears to process something, but there's no change. If I try to play the actual wav while the plugin is still open (not the preview button), it doesn't apply the noise reduction either. The only time I can hear it is when I press the preview play button.
I've just tried it on two more occasions, and can't get any noise reduction to work now.
In Acoustica Premium, it seemed to be working fine.

I'm using 7.0.18 (trial version), Windows 10.

Hi!
Prizm4 wrote:Hi, I'm loving the interface for Acoustica 7 so far, but have hit a problem:

I'm confused about noise reduction.
Thank you very much for the error report. No wonder you are confused -- unfortunately, there was a major faux pas in the light version of DeNoise in build 7.0.18. We have just uploaded version 7.0.19 and here are the download links: We apologize for the inconvenience.
Prizm4 wrote:1. In the Enhancement menu, it has three options:
Analyze Noise, Automatic deNoise, and deNoise.
But no matter which one I pick, it brings up the same deNoise plugin. What's the difference?
It's intended that they all bring up the same DeNoise tool, but "Analyze Noise" analyses the selection assuming it consists of noise only and automatically loads the result in DeNoise. "Automatic Noise Reduction" is similar, but uses statistics to estimate the noise floor assuming that the selection contains both noise and the wanted signal. Finally "DeNoise..." opens the tool as usual with the last settings active.
Prizm4 wrote:2. In Acoustica Standard, the deNoise plugin has a Learn button. I turn the Learn button on, and I play back a sample of the noise I want to remove. The graph shows some levels. When I hit Stop, the graph starts to fade away (slides down the screen). So did it actually take note of the noise sample? Has it stored some data somewhere that I can't see? There's nothing to indicate it's taken my noise sample into account.
The "Learn" button is a toggle, so you should click "Learn" again to deactivate the learning and the effect should be immediately noticeable.
Prizm4 wrote:3. If I play with the noise reduction settings in Acoustica Standard, I can get it to reduce the noise when I press the preview button. It sounds good. But if I click Process to apply the effect, it doesn't work. It appears to process something, but there's no change. If I try to play the actual wav while the plugin is still open (not the preview button), it doesn't apply the noise reduction either. The only time I can hear it is when I press the preview play button.
I've just tried it on two more occasions, and can't get any noise reduction to work now.
In Acoustica Premium, it seemed to be working fine.

I'm using 7.0.18 (trial version), Windows 10.
You are right -- this the unfortunate effect of the mistake we made in v7.0.18. It should be corrected now in v7.0.19 linked above.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:The "Learn" button is a toggle, so you should click "Learn" again to deactivate the learning and the effect should be immediately noticeable.
Just to clarify, I was certain I was turning off the Learn button after playing the noise sample. But I will try the updated version and see how I go, thank you for your reply!

Return to “Acon Digital”