VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

RPH wrote: PS: when logging in I can't paste my password.. It's randomly generated with quite some characters. Please add paste to the pw field.
PS*1000: And, if you don't mind, please add in the minor functionality of pressing TAB to get to the password entry box from the e-mail entry box.

And, since you may be in that area of the code, making the Enter key activate the Login button would be mighty amazing of you lovely people.

It's still awesome tho, I swear! :D

for people having problems with "blank" panels and missing knob.
just make sure that the patch you are opening is IN THE SAME FOLDER as the Rack executable.
There is some "path" problem which prevents graphics to load. If they are in the same folder, no prolem.
Hope this helps

Released VCV Rack v0.3.1
https://vcvrack.com/

Changelog:
- Fixed Windows open dialog current working directory graphics problem
- Ctrl/Cmd-C/V to copy/paste from text and password fields
- Automatically remembers settings and login token between launches
- Removes .zip after downloading and extracting plugin
- Ctrl-click to right click on Mac
- Fixed menu "flicker" when menu cannot fit in window
- tweaks to Fundamental and Audible Instruments plugins
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

vortico wrote:Released VCV Rack v0.3.1
https://vcvrack.com/

Changelog:
- Fixed Windows open dialog current working directory graphics problem
- Ctrl/Cmd-C/V to copy/paste from text and password fields
- Automatically remembers settings and login token between launches
- Removes .zip after downloading and extracting plugin
- Ctrl-click to right click on Mac
- Fixed menu "flicker" when menu cannot fit in window
- tweaks to Fundamental and Audible Instruments plugins
Hi mate,

thanks for the new version, working a treat here, Windows 7 64 Bit.

Many thanks,
Glyn Darby.

Version 0.3.1:
- Still no available audio device. Removed the autosave.json, but after restart app still nothing.
- Removed the whole directory, and tried again.. still nothing.

Would be nice to be able to hear something, am I the only one with this problem? :dog:
Last edited by RPH on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will this ever be made to run as a VST/AU instrument, or forever be a standalone app? My problem with standalone aps is that I always struggle for a way to integrate them with the rest of my instruments.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

This got a mention earlier on Sonic Talk.

And now that the episode is live I see they've named it after VCV Rack. How's that for exposure!
Image Image Image Image

great thank you! Awesome software!
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

zerocrossing wrote:Will this ever be made to run as a VST/AU instrument, or forever be a standalone app? My problem with standalone aps is that I always struggle for a way to integrate them with the rest of my instruments.
Rack will always be standalone, but I will release VCV Bridge soon, which will allow you to add a VST/AU plugin to channels in a DAW, and send/receive the audio/MIDI with the Bridge module.

Simple question: Does this work on an offline computer? Or does it require an internet connection?
(My studio computer has no internet access)

Edit: looks like it needs no login for using the free modules

yes, it only needs internet to download modules, and I guess that once you download them there's no need for internet anymore, unless you need to download additional modules....

Yes, if you don't have internet on your studio computer, get on another computer, download Rack, register on the website, click Add on the modules you want, click on Plugins at the top of the website, and download each plugin. On the studio computer, install Rack, go into the plugins/ directory, copy the plugin zips, and unzip them.

Hi all,

Looking forward to trying this out.

I have the same problem as at least one other user. RPH - you're not the only one.

I add Core: Audio Interface - and it shows "no device" in the dropdown.

I'm also a windows 10 64bit user.

My sound card is a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 if that is any use to the developer.

Have I missed something obvious?

My first post on KVR so Hello All! (be kind :) )

Thanks

Steve

VCV Rack makes THX Deep Note :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD66aiqtY-o

lots of cables :)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Thank you, this is an amazing treat! Played around last night with the basic modules only, and had a blast. No problems at all with my setup (knock on wood): iMac, using internal audio only, Arturia 25 Key. Will see how it behaves with my UA Apollo Twin over the weekend.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”