Research On Subscription Model Efficiency

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Friends,

My name is Pooya and I am studying Master in Performing arts (Music).

I am performing a research on the efficiency of the subscription business model for Plugin consumers.

I highly appreciate your assistance if you help me with filling up the short survey by clicking on this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7YST2MS

I wish that with your help, I can contribute to our community of musicians better.

Thanks for your time,
Last edited by Pooyakhr on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Pooya. I completed the survey. I hope that you will come back and share your results with the KVR community when your survey has been completed. It would be interesting to see what others think.

Keep in mind that a lot of opinions may change over time. Since everything new may seem to be the greatest thing on earth for a while. But as time goes by and the total payments for renting 1's and 0's climbs, the honeymoon may become stale and expensive.

I'm pretty sure people's opinions will change once they have to reach into their wallets and pull out a credit card to go into debt another couple hundred dollars with an added interest percentage.

I'm sure by the tenth year of payments they will realize they could of outright bought them and owned all the licenses.

Subscription model is the devil.

Daags wrote:Subscription model is the devil.
Subscription model is the devil's evil twin, Eugene. Double the evil.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Scotty wrote:Hi Pooya. I completed the survey. I hope that you will come back and share your results with the KVR community when your survey has been completed. It would be interesting to see what others think.
Thank you so much my friend. I will surely share the result here once it is done. :wink:

gas pump wrote:Keep in mind that a lot of opinions may change over time. Since everything new may seem to be the greatest thing on earth for a while. But as time goes by and the total payments for renting 1's and 0's climbs, the honeymoon may become stale and expensive.

I'm pretty sure people's opinions will change once they have to reach into their wallets and pull out a credit card to go into debt another couple hundred dollars with an added interest percentage.

I'm sure by the tenth year of payments they will realize they could of outright bought them and owned all the licenses.

Sharing your idea means a lot to me and I appreciate that. I cannot agree more with the part which you mentioned "...lot of opinions may change over time."

I am not a big fan of subscription plan but as a researcher I must not take any side! (and that is damn hard :hihi: )

Thanks for sharing your opinion my friend. :)

kbaccki wrote:
Subscription model is the devil's evil twin, Eugene. Double the evil.
Surely you are not a big fan as well but it is good to hear from you. Thanks dude :D

Subscription model is 0% effective on me. I don't like to transfer a part of my hard-worked income to anyone.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

There are two companies where I have found subscriptionto be cost effective.

East West Composer Cloud = it would take 44 years to pay for the library at the monthly subscription rate. You can cancel with a mouse click and resume just as easily... YOu can render any tracks that use the library (10 000 virtual instruments) and even if you cancel you are allowed to use the rendered sounds in your material without any issue.

Adobe Creative Cloud... also a very good value. I do my own video work and use Premier, After Effects and Audition regularly. Cancelling and resuming is easy. You can run it on two machines... Great value.

I subscribe to both and feel that the money spent is well worth it. Far from evil these companies have robust products and subscription model is highly cost effective.

I will not rent software of any kind. Period. Next question. :evil:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I love subsriptions! I subscribe to every one, and also give them as gifts.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Question 3 - C, should be > $500
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Mortgage vs rent.

Return to “Effects”