Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If my 'issue' was 'press them on the upgrade prices' I would not expect high priority. I would not take out a ticket for that, there's a whole forum...

The reason I said I bitched a little but without the tone hopes to make a useful point; support people are human beings. There is a balance between being assertive and being, well normal and respectful. I could be wrong but I expect humanity determines an element of 'f**k this guy' and it's now lower priority. :shrug:

chk071 wrote:And if your name is not Compyfox, by any chance, i don't really think there is a need for such childishness from Steinberg's side either. Really, i don't think so.
Oh, we're going that road down again?
Cool... Unless you're trying to make a certain point, and I'm not getting it. But... whatever.

Then again - funny that you mention this! Cause last time I sent in a mail, I got an answer within less than 24 hours. Could have been something to do with the social media team stepping a bit over the line though, and me knowing the one or another higher-up at this point.

Before that, I had a non-important sales/upgrade question, that was answered within 4 business days after the info "we're on trade shows, please excuse the waiting time".

Phone hotline, barely any waiting time either. Heck, they even call you back!

Questions about WAVELAB on the other hand, are not answered via support mails however. Those are primarily (and faster) answered via the Forum (on request by the dev himself).

So I'd say that the support is existing, and in working condition!
But hey... let's only focus on the negativity here. :tu:

chk071 wrote:But, a blacklist which is pages long, with users who just commented negatively every now and then? Nah.
bustedfist wrote:People who were around during the SX3 days would say different. That's the era it started, with the broken promise of the final SX3 update after C4 was out. The company interaction with the forum was not what it is today by a long shot. I was newish to the forum so I kept out of the hoopla. People were banned left and right for repeated complaints, made in polite ways. Seeing all the people who actually helped others get banned for nothing steamed my clam so I jumped ugly.
Sorry - have to side with bustedfist on this one.

Something like a "black list" existed, and things went completely beyond the boarders around the time Steinberg got bought by Pinncle (that was 2003 according their own history page, 1 year after they released SX. I think Steinberg got picked up by Yamaha shortly after the release SX3, in 2005). I've seen the good/bad around those "switches", forum re-boots and what have you. Even years later (*cough* C7 *cough*). And I'm actually quite glad that certain people were "removed" from public relations/moderation work. A certain name already fell in the recent posts... I rather not talk about him. In fact, I think many old cats would rather NOT talk about him.

But there is a fact, that you were/are put on ignore if you criticized too much (mainly on the forums though). During the two company take overs, unadjusted ban hammers on their forums (yes, plural!) were normal as well. Just ask around on GS...

However - I can and will not(!) confirm that Steinberg gives a flying F about support. It might take a while, but they always answered me. And according to "some" here on KVR - I'd fit perfect on that ominous black list and then some. :roll:

*footnote: I am ignored by a certain representative here on KVR - somebody I've yet to get an apology from for his "use of warez" accusations - but NOT by Steinberg themselves. So, that argument is invalid. But keep on spreading your story that I'm on a "vendetta" or a "mission". I'm a fairly happy Steinberg user, I don't care about "run along" users and their opinion as 20+ year long and loyal Steinberg user*

bustedfist wrote:Things are much better these days with the company. The forums are a sewer, though. A lot like here.
Glad that we fit both right in then. :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Actually... it seems like more than one person doesn't realize that the forums are not Steinberg.
They may sponsor it, I don't really know but the administration of it is not Steinberg employees.

I was around during the SX3 times and remember the complaint about that final fix didn't happen.
You know what, none of the versions are perfectly sorted and then they move on leaving some bugs behind. Cubase 5, parabola tool in controller lanes, won't take you to 0, you have additional work every time.

I didn't buy SX2 until SX3 was out. I did buy Cubase 5 when it was pretty new but I couldn't wait. It's the nature of the beast.

I find the OP's issue 'I pressed them on upgrade prices' and this is a big deal kind of amusing really.
I can kind of imagine some, ah, 'tone' in those tickets following what I saw here. It's life, it's even karmic. And I know how to get people to help me; one very definite piece of advice is, don't cry wolf until there's really a wolf at your door.

I have had results from non Steinberg people on the forums in the past when I got stuck, but I rarely use them.

And as I said before, never had a single issue with Steinberg support in the past, but until I pressed them, 3 tickets were going unanswered. If I go on some blacklist because of that, so be it, I really am past caring, as was said, showing my disgust with my wallet is how I will act, I will not upgrade even though id like to unless they offer a massive discount. Their product is not worth £250 to upgrade from the version I have. But with all things audio, unless you "upgrade to the latest version" you won't get support should something go wrong.

Catch 22 , that I am sure we all hate. Especially when you need to fork out a lot to upgrade in the first place.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I've heard that with Nuendo, .5 updates won't be paid, but free. Haven't heard if it carries over to Cubase.

I'll just toss in 2 useless cents. Using the support system for pricing bitches is a waste of time. It isn't a support issue. I know I I'd just delete the email if that was in my support in box.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Before this ticket, I had a support issue behind losing my dongle, I had mindlessly bought the Cubase Pro 9 upgrade with no way to install it until I got a license on a new dongle, and they gave me activation for my Cubase 5 license.
Same dongle and VSL charges 50% of the original license cost to do that.
(I think the assertion support is only for people with the latest version is incorrect. In fact they had moved on from C5 when I broke my decade-old dongle and I got same-day support which I had to have or be stopped in my tracks as all my VSL was on it as well. Unregistered dongle a while after the Yamaha takeover and I wasn't really even paying attention to My Steinberg.)

I'm definitely not going to pull something which has them blacklisting me, in any case. :)

jancivil wrote:Before this ticket, I had a support issue behind losing my dongle, I had mindlessly bought the Cubase Pro 9 upgrade with no way to install it until I got a license on a new dongle, and they gave me activation for my Cubase 5 license.
Same dongle and VSL charges 50% of the original license cost to do that.
(I think the assertion support is only for people with the latest version is incorrect. In fact they had moved on from C5 when I broke my decade-old dongle and I got same-day support which I had to have or be stopped in my tracks as all my VSL was on it as well.)

I'm definitely not going to pull something which has them blacklisting me, in any case. :)
They supported me on a LOOOOONG discontinued VSTi. Quickly in fact. And, I have two products under the old system under a different email address I havn't used in years. When I had to get the download for one of those products over again, it took them a bit to find the account. But, they did it and got me the link. So, support is actively supporting support issues.

I'm just saying that bitching about pricing is not a support issue.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

If I had that job, I feel sure I would toss those out, just to maintain equilibrium if not a sense of humor about the thing

I'm empathetic towards anyone with that job, I would find it wearing. So, these tickets and one from 2003 or '04 where I had some installation issue, which I went to the phone to talk to someone in Indiana about, is my whole experience with it. They've been great, this last one taking a week was atypical. Maybe by phone I will have been sorted at once, though.

LeVzi wrote:They did reply to me, via facebook. One ticket out of three was answered via the MySteinberg issue, they thought that was it. I pressed them about the upgrade pricing etc, and they replied in public which I wasn't too fussed on because if I wanted to publically complain i'd have written in the forums, to which they replied in the generic way.

I have really gone off Steinberg as a company now, they used to be decent to deal with, ive never had issues.

I cannot see me paying 250 quid for Cubase 9/10/and so on now, unless they do a massive sale, im not shifting.

There is an offer on now. But doesn't apply to current Cubase owners , just Artist owners.
So, the guy that attacked me when I complained about Tone 2 policy regarding upgrades (which cannot be compared) opened three support tickets to complain about Steinberg upgrades policy :hihi:

With the difference that I find Steinberg policy much fairer. I see no reason to complain about. 149 for a major version upgrade every couple of years, that can even split between a payment of 99 for a .5 upgrade and a complimentary payment of 49 for going on the next .0 version.

What's about to complain? :shrug:

I also had to open some tickets for support (real support) and I always got them answered.
Fernando (FMR)

This short thread may add some balance.
viewtopic.php?p=6867090

I just want to add that I haven't used the Steinberg forum in a long time. The last time I used it, a post I made was deleted. I don't remember complaining about anything, and I was actually asking a question from what I remember. I visited the forum about 10 hours later and it was gone, no trace of it.

That kind of moderation drives me away from forums, and it's rare that I come across that. So, that was a special kind of special.

The forums over at Steinberg ive avoided for a long long time. There are some really helpful people there, who will go out of their way to assist, but then there are some bangers who literally jump on a thread if it doesn't sound "their" way of saying something. Unfortunately there were plenty of them.

Mind you ive not been back in a long time, so it might be better now.

Could say the same here mind. But at least the mod team here were decent, at least they were, Meffy was always the fair one, if they are still around.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I'm about to repudiate myself. No, this is one, isolated example. but I had my MySteinberg account hijacked, the support came back to me to say they could not find my account, which I told them IN THE SUPPORT TICKET and I ran it down for the idiot Alessandro Anatrini who came back a second time with this shit:

1. I already told you, that there is no account with the email you wrote me, and furthermore it has not been deleted somewhere in the past! Do you have an account with an alias? Yes or no?
2. I found where the activation code for the upgrade of Cubase Pro 9 has been registered. But given the fact it is registered on somewhere else account, I really need please you attach to this mail a police report of the theft, otherwise I am not able to help you. Thanks.

This is right after I got sorted on this by FXpansion, and a couple days ago by Soundtoys. I rather expect every entity where this has occurred is going to simply help me. I gave them a very_detailed accounting of what was authorized, and it's a history that would not be gleaned by anyone short of a recovery application to bring up deleted files. To make the matter of sheer obtuseness worse, he may as well have accused me of trying this tactic to steal licenses.

on a scale of 1-10 for this support, a zero. It cannot possibly be that the account has not been deleted, because there is no doubt that was the account.

jancivil wrote:I'm about to repudiate myself. No, this is one, isolated example. but I had my MySteinberg account hijacked, the support came back to me to say they could not find my account, which I told them IN THE SUPPORT TICKET and I ran it down for the idiot Alessandro Anatrini who came back a second time with this shit:

1. I already told you, that there is no account with the email you wrote me, and furthermore it has not been deleted somewhere in the past! Do you have an account with an alias? Yes or no?
2. I found where the activation code for the upgrade of Cubase Pro 9 has been registered. But given the fact it is registered on somewhere else account, I really need please you attach to this mail a police report of the theft, otherwise I am not able to help you. Thanks.

This is right after I got sorted on this by FXpansion, and a couple days ago by Soundtoys. I rather expect every entity where this has occurred is going to simply help me. I gave them a very_detailed accounting of what was authorized, and it's a history that would not be gleaned by anyone short of a recovery application to bring up deleted files. To make the matter of sheer obtuseness worse, he may as well have accused me of trying this tactic to steal licenses.

on a scale of 1-10 for this support, a zero. It cannot possibly be that the account has not been deleted, because there is no doubt that was the account.
Jesus, what happened to your computer? Were you victim of a ransomware or something? Identity theft? :-o
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”