Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
audio/fault
KVRian

567 posts since 18 Mar, 2001, from berlin / germany

Postby audio/fault; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 am Re: T-RackS 5

Gamma-UT wrote:
audio/fault wrote:so if i buy t-racks classic today for 39€ i can upgrade for free to t-racks 5 including the 4 new processors? or is there another upgrade-path? how much will it be?

This seems unlikely. As ever with IK, nothing is straightforward. But as they are selling the basic version of T-Racks 5 with the four new processors and five updated ones for €99, I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing a T-Racks Classic licence bought for €50 less suddenly turning into one for T-Racks 5 Basic.

i didn't really believe in it ;)
so the question is more about teh upgrade-path.

and also what happens to single plugins.

all asked already of course. little impatient today :hihi:
kmonkey
KVRAF

3741 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 am Re: T-RackS 5

loungepanda wrote:What's with the EDM parody music used in the trailer?

Indeed that was bummer but these days it does not matter anymore i guess. They want to aim and hit sweet spot with music selection for adverts but ironically they misses it. You can't please everyone i guess.

Looking forward for demo.
soulone82
KVRian

675 posts since 16 Aug, 2010, from almost everywhere...

Postby soulone82; Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:05 am Re: T-RackS 5

Aloysius wrote:No Windows 95 support. 64-bit only. I'm out ... for now.

I guess that means no DOS 3.1 support either. :(
Harry_HH
KVRAF

1987 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:06 am Re: T-RackS 5

Gamma-UT wrote:... As ever with IK, nothing is straightforward.

Yes, "Italian way". But as a generic comment, I wish that developers would reward loyal customers, and build up the clientele in this way. And I don't mean systems like "Jam points".
FrankLaVerne
KVRist

195 posts since 30 Sep, 2015, from Germany

Postby FrankLaVerne; Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:16 am Re: T-RackS 5

Harry_HH wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:... As ever with IK, nothing is straightforward.

Yes, "Italian way". But as a generic comment, I wish that developers would reward loyal customers, and build up the clientele in this way. And I don't mean systems like "Jam points".

I second that - I'd neither be happy nor I'd consider upgrading in case an upgrade to T-RackS 5 Max is the only upgrade path that is available for existing T-RackS 4 customers.
Burillo
KVRAF

2739 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 am Re: T-RackS 5

i will miss the dino logo :(
From Russia with love
evilantal
KVRian

698 posts since 13 Mar, 2008, from Arnhem, Netherlands

Postby evilantal; Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:27 am Re: T-RackS 5

Previous users, owning some or all modules, can go straight to T-RackS 5 and take advantages of all the new features. This version is also ideal for beginners or users getting into mastering for the first time since it includes the 4 new modules along with 5 additional classic T-RackS modules

The above quote from the site implies the T-RackS 5 package displayed below for €99.99 (excl VAT) for both existing users and new inexperienced users (my highlight for emphasis).

It appears that this is then the way to go for owners of T-Racks 4 MAX. It gives you the 4 new modules and is cheaper than the T-RackS 5 upgrade price of €199.99 (excl VAT).
To be complete, you'd also need to buy the Saturator X separately, which wasn't included in T-RackS 4 MAX. That's $79.99 full price and $39.99 on sale now. So it's still cheaper to go T-RackS 5 + Saturator X separately, even at full price.

I'm kind of bummed out that there isn't a better deal for upgrading T-RackS 4 MAX, since I'm essentially also paying for 5 modules that I already paid for.
BasariStudios
KVRian

1302 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from New York

Postby BasariStudios; Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:25 am Re: T-RackS 5

Now...what about us who own T-Racks 4 and many plugins?
Any upgrade prices and stuff? If i get these 4 new plugins
4 free then ok, it is fair, i already own Saturator-X and
many other...but to pay just for the interface, i don't know.
My existing T-Racks cost me over 1000$.

Thanks
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL. 2 850 PRO 256GB.
Prime Total. Acustica: Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 2, Amethyst, Murano, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy.
Compyfox
KVRAF

14133 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:33 am Re: T-RackS 5

I'm holding back my commentary until that thing is fully accessible to all users. Old, and new ones alike.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the constant "you have to upgrade route" (as oldschool "Classic" user), especially if the Custom Shop engine is still a thing (see end of the video!). And I do think that we will see free upgrades either (it's new modules! So of course it isn't!). Updates maybe (Custom Shop), but that's about it.

The "Meter" for example looks like a huge(!) update to the Metering Suite of old T-Racks, basically the Custom Shop "Shell". I'm actually looking forward to put that thing through it's paces (accuracy, etc). Though I really hope this will be a free update (or freebie like it was at several points in time) in general.

The "Dyna-Mu" is basically "inspired" form a Manley (which the "based on an American coveted piece of hardware" hints at), the EQual definitely looks like an answer to Pro-Q (and IMO, it was about darn time! Even though T-Racks' original "console" stuff was great, the Linear Master EQ wasn't), "One" looks to be heavily inspired by what has been recently released from Independent Devs. The "secret mojo/sauce" in this bundle so to speak.

Either way... as mentioned, I'm holding back further commentary until the actual release.

But if there won't be a suitable/fair upgrade/crossgrade path yet again - I'll pass (personal opinion and all). In fact, I haven't touched T-Racks in months (and man, I loved the Opto Comp) - and neither JamPoints or "Custom Shop Credits" were of use to me in recent years. Add to that, that somehow my license activation vanished overnight? Oh the joy of C/R copy protection.

We'll know more the next days - and I'm sure the thread will have 20+ pages of thoughts, wild speculation, rage and praise by then.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]
BasariStudios
KVRian

1302 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from New York

Postby BasariStudios; Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:57 am Re: T-RackS 5

On another note...Acustica Audio just released the Ivory 3...ufff!!!
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL. 2 850 PRO 256GB.
Prime Total. Acustica: Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 2, Amethyst, Murano, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy.
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

5456 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:44 am Re: T-RackS 5

For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally. Your previous T-RackS processors will indeed work within T-RackS 5. If you'd like to get the whole shebang, the T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade would be a good route to go at the discounted $/€199.99 off.

For more information, including pricing, you can visit the T-RackS 5 web page. You can also find your best upgrade/crossgrade options in the new section of your IK User Area (labeled "Crossgrade/Upgrade") or specifically for your best T-RackS MAX pricing if you are logged in at this page.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
evilantal
KVRian

698 posts since 13 Mar, 2008, from Arnhem, Netherlands

Postby evilantal; Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:48 am Re: T-RackS 5

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally. Your previous T-RackS processors will indeed work within T-RackS 5. If you'd like to get the whole shebang, the T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade would be a good route to go at the discounted $/€199.99 off.

So...it seems to be as I suspected...

Peter, will there be any difference between T-RackS 4 "work within T-RackS 5" and buying T-RackS 5 modules specifically? Or is there no functional and optical difference?
Last edited by evilantal on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
soulone82
KVRian

675 posts since 16 Aug, 2010, from almost everywhere...

Postby soulone82; Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 am Re: T-RackS 5

Well, IK never cared about their loyal customers so why was I expecting they finally would in the first place...
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

8590 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:55 am Re: T-RackS 5

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally. Your previous T-RackS processors will indeed work within T-RackS 5. If you'd like to get the whole shebang, the T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade would be a good route to go at the discounted $/€199.99 off.

For more information, including pricing, you can visit the T-RackS 5 web page. You can also find your best upgrade/crossgrade options in the new section of your IK User Area (labeled "Crossgrade/Upgrade") or specifically for your best T-RackS MAX pricing if you are logged in at this page.

I don't see any Version 5 upgrade/crossgrade offers in the Crossgrade/Upgrade section. I see a ton of items, but none are for Version 5.

I'm specifically looking for a way to upgrade all my Version 4 units into Version 5 units.
Last edited by VitaminD on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
bidule
KVRer

17 posts since 30 Aug, 2017

Postby bidule; Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:56 am Re: T-RackS 5

BasariStudios wrote:On another note...Acustica Audio just released the Ivory 3...ufff!!!

Italians on fire!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects