PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyGAS

Reaper 5.40 Windows 7 x64

It gave that default.wav error, but then all the built-in sounds worked, and I started tinkering with the controls, and immediately fell in love with this thing. I predict that everyone in the house will be tired of me stuffing samples into it by the time this weekend is over.

vasyan wrote:Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version is 2.1

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB). SHA-1 287485e56922ae752add0c747932b56ff4f93393
For 32/64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)

Version 2.1 (30.08.2017)

! = correction
* = improving
+ = addition

! Crash of some DAW Is eliminated (MuLab, REAPER) in attempt to load a plug-in.
! Hangup of a plug-in in case of null values of Duration and Interonset Is eliminated.
! Inaccuracies when exporting the preset Are corrected.
! Errors in editing and generation of envelopes Are eliminated.
! The problem in display of dialogs when using several monitors Is corrected.
* The Possibility of a choice of the file of a sample when importing if the file is not found on the given path.
* Warning if the sample with the entered name is absent in the current bank.
* The utility of PolyGAS Bank Editor Is improved, lock of the edited file of bank is entered.
+ Menu item to the Bank/Preset menu "is added by Bank Editor...", allowing to launch the utility of editing PolyGAS Bank Editor banks.
+ Menu item is added to the menu of help "Params with Hint" including an option of display of a parameter value in tooltip balloons.
Thanks for the update, Vasily!

I noticed there are some new, third-party sound banks, but does anyone know what they are? In most cases, the name of the sound bank isn't the same as the name of the file--and it's usually not even a real word. For example, "PADDD" is for a file called "Pads.zip", which you'd already have if you downloaded the sound banks Vasily made. You probably don't want to overwrite Vasily's set, so you'll have to be careful here. Another one is called "jh" and the description is just random keyboard characters. It then downloads a file called "default.zip". :roll:

I wasn't particularly concerned about viruses or security when this synth first appeared, but now that third-party sound banks are appearing that may or may not be "legit", I'm starting to become a bit more cautious. I know there's nothing in a .WAV file or preset code that could damage my computer. I'm more concerned about what's in the .ZIP files other than preset data, or where the links on the site are actually going.

I do appreciate the work Vasily has put into the synth; I'm just a bit concerned about these third-party sound banks. If anyone has any experience with them, I'd like to hear about it.

UPDATE: It appears that the "PADDD" sound bank (which has the "Pads.zip" filename) is the same file as the "Pads.zip" that Vasily made originally. I don't know why it appears to be on the site again, but under someone else's name (and a different name for the sound bank).

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Well, "hibrid" and "POLY GRAS" just download files that din't have any extension. I tried adding .gas, but still can't open them in the bank editor.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I can crash Ableton every time if I send MIDI to 2 PolyGAS instances at the same time.

Also, if the PolyGAS window is active Ableton's computer MIDI keyboard doesn't work.

Other than that I really like this synth, it would be great if the bugs were fixed.
It's easy if you know how

planetearth wrote: Thanks for the update, Vasily!

I noticed there are some new, third-party sound banks, but does anyone know what they are? In most cases, the name of the sound bank isn't the same as the name of the file--and it's usually not even a real word. For example, "PADDD" is for a file called "Pads.zip", which you'd already have if you downloaded the sound banks Vasily made. You probably don't want to overwrite Vasily's set, so you'll have to be careful here. Another one is called "jh" and the description is just random keyboard characters. It then downloads a file called "default.zip". :roll:
Hi, Steve!
I edited the page of a collection of banks and deleted from there garbage. Also on the page of uploading the following rules are published:

Before loading of your bank attentively study rules of the publication of banks for PolyGAS.
  • The prepared file of the bank intended for the publication, place in archive of the ZIP format. The bank shall contain the intelligent names of preset corresponding to character of synthesizable sounds and also according to contents shall have the unique sound forms.
  • The file size of archive shall not exceed 100 MB.
  • Prepare and save together with the file of bank the help information, such as:
    • Subject of synthesizable sounds, or list the musical styles in which in your judgement they can be used.
    • Author.
    • Link to the website of the author or other coordinates.
  • In archive existence of the reference documentation is allowed to bank (files of the formats txt, html, pdf, doc, rtf). In that case in the help information shall there is a list of preset, and in addition, at will, it is possible to provide the description or certain features of specifically taken preset.
  • When filling the form use the information prepared by you.
Be forbidden
  • To use banks which are not unique and banks-clones.
  • Incorrectly the filled names of "Author", "Title" and "Description" (like "aaa") or to use in them offensive language.
The administration of the website reserves the right to delete the loaded archives with banks which are not meeting above-mentioned conditions.
planetearth wrote: I wasn't particularly concerned about viruses or security when this synth first appeared, but now that third-party sound banks are appearing that may or may not be "legit", I'm starting to become a bit more cautious. I know there's nothing in a .WAV file or preset code that could damage my computer. I'm more concerned about what's in the .ZIP files other than preset data, or where the links on the site are actually going.
Now on the server there is a check which allows in archive mandatory existence of the file of PolyGAS bank as before (.gas extension), and in addition allows attachment from one file of formats txt, html, pdf, doc, rtf.
The executable file of course can be loaded, having changed its extension to allowed, but at the same time it will not be able independently to be launched. It is possible to make of course check on such "the Trojan horses" on the server, having unpacked archive and having checked each file for a signature of an executable file of "MZ", but I think that it is excessive.
planetearth wrote: I do appreciate the work Vasily has put into the synth; I'm just a bit concerned about these third-party sound banks. If anyone has any experience with them, I'd like to hear about it.

UPDATE: It appears that the "PADDD" sound bank (which has the "Pads.zip" filename) is the same file as the "Pads.zip" that Vasily made originally. I don't know why it appears to be on the site again, but under someone else's name (and a different name for the sound bank).

Steve
As well as it was written above - all incorrectly issued uploaded data were deleted. :tu:

UPDATE: The rules published on the page of uploading also belong to uploading by means of the utility of PolyGAS Bank Editor.

Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version is 2.2

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB). SHA-1 d9379ccdb6a39ff2b0264ad1c8c64ef387f7b817
For 32/64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)

Version 2.2 (17.09.2017)

! = bugfix
* = improving
+ = addition

! The error message when loading bank of version 1 is corrected.
! The error when changing sampling rate is eliminated.
! The effect of "aliasing" of the filter in case of the big sizes of the buffer is removed.
! The error in PolyGAS Bank Editor when uploading bank on the server Is corrected.
* More exact calculation of envelopes.
* More exact synchronization with DAW.

Thanks for the update :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Samples dont load after project reload

Cant load sample whatever.wav
this file not found in current bank

this occurs after choosing a custom .wav

Forgot to mention, when i remove an instance of polygas with presets chosen,
reaperhost crashes with exception code 0xc0000005
reaper 5.50c

(64 bit)

Finally got around to installing and trying this... and it brought the latest version of Live down like a led balloon. Restarted and it seems fine, but the first time I started it...

Anyway, seems really nice! Thanks for this. Not quite sure I've figured it all out yet, but it's fun to play with none the less.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

2.2 works good here so far on XP SP3 x32 under EnergyXT v2.7
love this thing for ambient textures. thanks for the update VAS!

request: when saving a preset with a custom wav file, save the wav automatically to the data folder from the location it was originally taken, and prompt to over write any wav in the data folder with
the same name, otherwise add it to the data folder without prompting to do so. its kind of a hassle to save 2 files whenever you want to save a preset. ie; getting a second pop up box asking to save the wav file.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Looks good! When you get the Windows version squared away, I hope a Mac version might be in the works :)

Works well on my Reaper. Made my small donation as well.
I tried this with different kind of vocal samples like American Indian chants, female vocals etc, it really can create very unique sounds out of them. Very suitable for different kinds of electronic music styles.

vasyan wrote:
planetearth wrote: Thanks for the update, Vasily!

Hi, Steve!
I edited the page of a collection of banks and deleted from there garbage. Also on the page of uploading the following rules are published:

Before loading of your bank attentively study rules of the publication of banks for PolyGAS.
  • The prepared file of the bank intended for the publication, place in archive of the ZIP format. The bank shall contain the intelligent names of preset corresponding to character of synthesizable sounds and also according to contents shall have the unique sound forms.
  • The file size of archive shall not exceed 100 MB.
  • Prepare and save together with the file of bank the help information, such as:
    • Subject of synthesizable sounds, or list the musical styles in which in your judgement they can be used.
    • Author.
    • Link to the website of the author or other coordinates.
  • In archive existence of the reference documentation is allowed to bank (files of the formats txt, html, pdf, doc, rtf). In that case in the help information shall there is a list of preset, and in addition, at will, it is possible to provide the description or certain features of specifically taken preset.
  • When filling the form use the information prepared by you.
Be forbidden
  • To use banks which are not unique and banks-clones.
  • Incorrectly the filled names of "Author", "Title" and "Description" (like "aaa") or to use in them offensive language.
The administration of the website reserves the right to delete the loaded archives with banks which are not meeting above-mentioned conditions.
planetearth wrote: I wasn't particularly concerned about viruses or security when this synth first appeared, but now that third-party sound banks are appearing that may or may not be "legit", I'm starting to become a bit more cautious. I know there's nothing in a .WAV file or preset code that could damage my computer. I'm more concerned about what's in the .ZIP files other than preset data, or where the links on the site are actually going.
Now on the server there is a check which allows in archive mandatory existence of the file of PolyGAS bank as before (.gas extension), and in addition allows attachment from one file of formats txt, html, pdf, doc, rtf.
The executable file of course can be loaded, having changed its extension to allowed, but at the same time it will not be able independently to be launched. It is possible to make of course check on such "the Trojan horses" on the server, having unpacked archive and having checked each file for a signature of an executable file of "MZ", but I think that it is excessive.
planetearth wrote: I do appreciate the work Vasily has put into the synth; I'm just a bit concerned about these third-party sound banks. If anyone has any experience with them, I'd like to hear about it.

Steve
As well as it was written above - all incorrectly issued uploaded data were deleted. :tu:

UPDATE: The rules published on the page of uploading also belong to uploading by means of the utility of PolyGAS Bank Editor.
Excellent! Thanks again!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

zack174 wrote:Samples dont load after project reload

Cant load sample whatever.wav
this file not found in current bank

this occurs after choosing a custom .wav
In version 2.X samples remain in the file of bank, but do not load from the specified file. Therefore if you do not save the current bank, then in case of the following loading of a plug-in not saved version of the file of bank will be loaded. Before saving the project, please save changes in the current .gas the file of bank.

It is made on purpose:
  1. Accelerations of loading of a sample. Use of an internal format accelerates loading of a sample, in difference from the external file where the format needs to be converted before loading.
  2. Export of the file of bank on other computer. As samples packed in inside the file of bank, no need to drag them together with the file of bank appears, causing at the same time confusion paths of files.
  3. You can download banks from a global collection or upload own banks in a global collection. At the same time only the file of .gas bank in the Zip-archive.

Return to “Instruments”