Airwindows ToTape5 and FromTape free bugfix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a new approach. This includes Capacitor, Console4, FromTape, SubsOnly, and ToTape5. I'm hoping this totally obliterates the problem: I include SubsOnly because I found someone having really poor performance from it :)

How's this? I will swap out the current ones for this, and update EVERYTHING (that needs it) if this proves to be the fix :)

Denormalization.zip

jinxtigr wrote:I have a new approach. This includes Capacitor, Console4, FromTape, SubsOnly, and ToTape5. I'm hoping this totally obliterates the problem: I include SubsOnly because I found someone having really poor performance from it :)

How's this? I will swap out the current ones for this, and update EVERYTHING (that needs it) if this proves to be the fix :)

Denormalization.zip
THANKS2YOU so much! so far everything is now fixed on my side, no more CPU acting crazy.

crimsonmerry wrote:
jinxtigr wrote:I have a new approach. This includes Capacitor, Console4, FromTape, SubsOnly, and ToTape5. I'm hoping this totally obliterates the problem: I include SubsOnly because I found someone having really poor performance from it :)

Denormalization.zip
THANKS2YOU so much! so far everything is now fixed on my side, no more CPU acting crazy.
CM...

Inteface.... interface... INTERFACE !! :hyper:

Could have been a great collab :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

As a Reason user I would love some interfaces for these plugs. They sound great for sure, but the lack of a UI is a bit of a hassle and does not look good in the rack.

YEEESSSS.... everything working fine in reaper 550 /64 OSX 10.9.5 using vst format..
Thanks you Chris..
Blessings

Do I have any Studio One users in here? I have someone on another forum still having CPU issues only on Studio One. I'd like to experiment a bit more, even though I have fixed the denormals bug for everyone else. The Studio One thing is that all the plugins start eating the same CPU when given digital black, regardless of what internal filters are there or not. I'm trying to see if it's about the long double processing (it's VST only, AU on Studio One is fine)

I realize I could say 'just use AU' but there's PC VST Studio One to think about :D

Tp3 wrote:CM...

Inteface.... interface... INTERFACE !! :hyper:

Could have been a great collab :tu:
Well i have something in mind... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OK, we're in the final stretch. I've gone over every plugin (currently looking to be 69 plugins not counting AU stereo/mono versions, times two for VST versions) and I'm very near to building all the plugs in their new, super-efficient forms.

Every plugin (exception: BitShiftGain) will produce a -260 or so dB hiss noise if the input is more than -299 db down (digital black, or denormals). If a preceding plugin has already done this, the plugin won't do it, so it won't be cumulative, it's a one-time deal anywhere in the mix the denormals need removing.

Saving to 64 bit or 32 bit floating point will preserve this 'airwindows noisefloor' (which is a variant on High Gloss Dither: a smoother, more featureless noise behavior than pure random noise, and more CPU-efficient). It won't use any CPU unless it's working.

Saving or exporting to 24 bit fixed point will make the noise vanish. It'll become digital black (unless you dither, in which case you'll have a dithered noisefloor). So if you need to make the anti-denormal noise vanish again, save or export as 24 bit (or higher)

I'd have had all this sooner, but it is going to be something like 275 plugins all being updated, and I've had to carry loads of firewood because I'm still working on fixing that run-over porch and need to get my firewood off the ground so I can get a pallet of cinder blocks and make steps, plus a platform to stack more firewood on. There's nobody else to do this (can't afford help) so I gotta do it myself and it's pretty exhausting for a codger like me. On the other hand, yay firewood :D

Currently everybody's all busy playing with some Big Guns software from various places, but by the time I release all my 275 free bug fixes and performance improvements, and dig into improving ADClip for a new version, there ought to be attention left over enough for me :D hope to get the bugfixes out no later than next week, even if there are hundreds of them! I think people will enjoy them.

Return to “Effects”