T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

ok what is this? :D
i have most plugins from T-RackS3 and the new custom shop version (which is kinda buggy by activation, have to re-send you my tickets!), so what would be new for me?
i dont need my 10th limiter and 20th eq though...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

fmr wrote: So, the pre-order price for Deluxe and Max is the same. The future price for Deluxe and Max is the same. Who, in his right mind, would choose Deluxe when they can have Max for the same price? Am I missing something?
The pre-order pricing for T-RackS 5 MAX is only the same as Deluxe if you qualify (having a product valued at 99.99+ registered).

Caine123 wrote:ok what is this? :D
i have most plugins from T-RackS3 and the new custom shop version (which is kinda buggy by activation, have to re-send you my tickets!), so what would be new for me?
i dont need my 10th limiter and 20th eq though...
You can compare what you have (probably easiest to open Custom Shop and go to Gear --> My Gear) with the lists at the bottom of the T-RackS 5 page on our site.

Please refer to the T-RackS 5 ad hoc FAQ for more information about how your previous version plugins will work in T-RackS 5, etc.

Thank you.

From the IK FAQ: "If I upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX, can I sell/transfer my previous T-RackS plugins/collection? You can, with two caveats: 1) If you sell the 99.99+ product that qualified you for the upgrade, you will not be able to authorize and use T-RackS 5 MAX and 2) Your previous projects/sessions using v4 T-RackS plugins will no longer find those plugins after you transfer them or the collection which contained them."

In the above FAQ , concerning selling the old ver. 4 TR plugins, raises at least one question:
The IK customer is not able to see in his/her IK User area, what he/she has paid for each product. And some products may have bought via the dealer or during some sale campaign, over a long period of time.
[How does he/she know, which of the product(s), in his/her present IK User are, makes him/her eligible for the TR MAX pre-order advantage? (i.e. which are over $ 99.99). He/she must know it, to avoid loosing the advantage. Are we talking here about the real price he/she has paid for the product, or what is the present value of the product he/she owns? :?:

Harry_HH wrote:From the IK FAQ: "If I upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX, can I sell/transfer my previous T-RackS plugins/collection? You can, with two caveats: 1) If you sell the 99.99+ product that qualified you for the upgrade, you will not be able to authorize and use T-RackS 5 MAX and 2) Your previous projects/sessions using v4 T-RackS plugins will no longer find those plugins after you transfer them or the collection which contained them."

In the above FAQ , concerning selling the old ver. 4 TR plugins, raises at least one question:
The IK customer is not able to see in his/her IK User area, what he/she has paid for each product. And some products may have bought via the dealer or during some sale campaign, over a long period of time.
[How does he/she know, which of the product(s), in his/her present IK User are, makes him/her eligible for the TR MAX pre-order advantage? (i.e. which are over $ 99.99). He/she must know it, to avoid loosing the advantage. Are we talking here about the real price he/she has paid for the product, or what is the present value of the product he/she owns? :?:
This was answered already by Peter in the last post of the previous page :roll:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
plexuss wrote: Is the value of the T-Racks 4 product I want to use to upgrade to T-Racks 5 the regular price or the price I paid for it?
This is covered in the text accompanying the upgrade button on the T-RackS 5 page:
from any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more.
This is the value of the product not what you paid.
It's not what you paid for it, but the regular price in IK store that counts. So, if you have, for example T-Racks Grand, you are already qualified. If you own Sample Tank 3, idem...

You just have to check what products you have and then check in the IK store what is the regular price of each of them.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:From the IK FAQ: "If I upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX, can I sell/transfer my previous T-RackS plugins/collection? You can, with two caveats: 1) If you sell the 99.99+ product that qualified you for the upgrade, you will not be able to authorize and use T-RackS 5 MAX and 2) Your previous projects/sessions using v4 T-RackS plugins will no longer find those plugins after you transfer them or the collection which contained them."

This was answered already by Peter in the last post of the previous page :roll:

It's not what you paid for it, but what is thew reguar price in IK store that counts. So, if you have, for example T-Racks Grand, you are already qualified. If you own Sample Tank 3, idem...

You just have to check what products you have and then check in the IK store what is the regular price of each of them.
Well, if this is the case, it means that e.g. if you sell someone your ver. 4 TR Deluxe, which overlaps your planned purchase of the MAX 5, then the new owner of the ver. 4 TR Deluxe is eligible for upgrading that product to the MAX 5 with the same price. Etc. Correct?

...and if the tools available to see what you have that qualifies you, the IK Support team can access your account and answer any questions you might have.

Please note that if you ever do need to see how much you paid for something (though, as pointed out by fmr above, it is not a factor in context of your question) you can consult the "My Orders" section of your IK User Area.

I have some TRacks plugins for sale in the forsale thread, some of which qualify for the pre-order discount. FYI

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I'm happy to help clear up any confusion.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Please note that if you ever do need to see how much you paid for something you can consult the "My Orders" section of your IK User Area.
Except 3 out of 7 of "My Orders" can't be opened to see what was purchased or for how much. I've got my e-receipts somewhere but it's kind of pointless to have an entry in "My Orders" if it's just a number with no information. :wink: (no I'm not opening another ticket, also pointless)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

So, I can upgrade to T-RackS 5 Max for the $199 special price if:

1) I own at least one T-RackS product valued at $99.99 or higher

AND/OR

2) I own several T-RackS products, whose total value is $99.99 or higher

Are both statements true, or is it only (1)? Sorry, the wording of the explanation for this was a little ambiguous.

====================================

And one more question:

If I have version 3 (not version 4) of a T-RackS product whose most recent version is valued at $99.99 or above, does my version 3 license make me eligible for the discounted upgrade price to T-RackS 5 Max?
A well-behaved signature.

You can get T-Racks 5 MAX for $199 if you own an IK product valued at $99 or more. The cut off point is $99. For example, if you bought MODO Bass previously, that product is valued at least $99 and therefore you are eligible for the $199 deal.

If anyone here can prove me wrong, please do, because I myself preordered TR5 Max for $199 as soon as I found out about the preorder offers.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

I was interested in TR5 MAX upgrade (I've wanted MAX way before TR5 was announced) but I think it's not worth it for me personally. I'd be paying the extra 100 (over the basic TR5 €99 price) for 5 singles, whereas someone with no T-RackS at all (but qualifies for MAX) pays the extra 100 for 30+ singles.

It's the most skewed "upgrade" (CROSSGRADE!) I've ever seen from any developer. I feel embarrassed that I defended IK so much over the years. If that makes me "entitled", then so be it :dog:

audiosabre wrote:I was interested in TR5 MAX upgrade (I've wanted MAX way before TR5 was announced) but I think it's not worth it for me personally. I'd be paying the extra 100 (over the basic TR5 €99 price) for 5 singles, whereas someone with no T-RackS at all (but qualifies for MAX) pays the extra 100 for 30+ singles.

It's the most skewed "upgrade" (CROSSGRADE!) I've ever seen from any developer. I feel embarrassed that I defended IK so much over the years. If that makes me "entitled", then so be it :dog:
Dont be sad, look at waves, i bet users who paid full price or even 3/4 of the price should be feeling screwed seing all those crazy sales every month (platinum bundle just few weeks ago was ~200 eu or a bit more) :D

I have a respect for companies who price theyr products acordingly. Who instead of working on over the top marketing campaigns focus on the product quality and let it speak for itself. I dont need the company to tell me that the plugin sounds big, great, analog or that some one uses it. I need to hear it :)

audiosabre wrote:I was interested in TR5 MAX upgrade (I've wanted MAX way before TR5 was announced) but I think it's not worth it for me personally. I'd be paying the extra 100 (over the basic TR5 €99 price) for 5 singles, whereas someone with no T-RackS at all (but qualifies for MAX) pays the extra 100 for 30+ singles.

The 99.99 and 199.99 options were created to start to simplify the options (there were many many versions/collections available for T-RackS in the past, which made it complex on its own as well as possibly very complex for upgrades/crossgrades). If you feel you have a special case that falls outside of the "in the box" (pun intended) options, the team can take a look at your situation and see if there's anything they can do.

Please note that new users will not have the opportunity to get up to 30% off the already-low pre-order pricing so that is an extra that does set apart current users from new as far as available deals. Again, though, if that is not satisfactory to you there is always the option to contact IK if you feel you don't fit into the offered options.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

The 99.99 and 199.99 options were created to start to simplify the options (there were many many versions/collections available for T-RackS in the past, which made it complex on its own as well as possibly very complex for upgrades/crossgrades). If you feel you have a special case that falls outside of the "in the box" (pun intended) options, the team can take a look at your situation and see if there's anything they can do.

Please note that new users will not have the opportunity to get up to 30% off the already-low pre-order pricing so that is an extra that does set apart current users from new as far as available deals. Again, though, if that is not satisfactory to you there is always the option to contact IK if you feel you don't fit into the offered options.
Thats a very good solution :wink:

Return to “Effects”