Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the actual job offer:" You have experience delivering algorithm-focused composition tools or signal processing tools to the market. "

What could that mean? Maybe they should just buy Cognitone and make a version of Synfire with a sequence generator and an UI designed for humans :D

In the second one:"you will use your background in digital audio software, virtual instruments, or game audio platforms to partner with our Audio Engine team to prototype and build a software platform that enables new music entertainment scenarios. You will research customer habits and difficulties in digital music creation,"

So it looks like they want to create tools to make digital music creation more accessable. That sound good to me, now DAWs are pretty hard to approach if you are not very technically inclined. I know many people who would like to have a go at creating music, but who would never be bothered to learn a modern DAW.

JCJR wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: Lol they are hundreds of thousands, I don't think the hiring guy is connected in any way with support and bug fixing, or product planning
Thankz Zaphod. Probably neither more nor less effective than any other random method. About equally futile as writing a letter to bill gates. :)

Lol I know there are hundreds of thousands. Which makes it more absurd that they can't find time for basic stuff like user-adjustable system font/size.

Or that they are so hell-for-leather on some creators update with large probability of total suckage-- That they casually break the older adobe elements userbase without even slowing down or looking back. "What was that bump? Did you feel a bump? Nah just a pothole. Push the pedal to the metal we are late to our update!" :)

Am being sarcastic but such behavior made me completely give up on apple. Shame to see all OS companies going silly on us. I really do "in general" quite like win10.
Loool

masterhiggins wrote:If they have experience building "best-in-class products" they probably wouldn't work for MS.
:roll:

Hi, as sound eng., i use to work with pro tools.
My school memory was based on a plug in rtas creation.
OK U wanna do a Big Competitor!
The main aim is what do u want to do??
for expensive project there's already good daw and hardware workin with pc
And you have to be very versatile and welcome many plug ins format not only vst..
And there's a choice to do!
Is it for music creation with many gadget as Garage band is it a live player editor as ableton an easy use as fl or a sound design tool as pro tools or studio one...
Personnaly i run a Handmade pc with a mac os and pro tools..
I do support for studios from digidesign 6.1 to actual avid, i like to diy my analog hardware. I f u need discussion ;)

Ok. Instead of doing this unnesessary conversation about nothing , please people widen up your range of posibilities and take it seriously . Let me ask you a simple question : how many of you have access to new techniques and methods of optimisation of your products , those wich are hidden by companies creating systems ? Yes Camel Audio was bought by Apple but how many of you have chance to in same position as Camel Audio . Instead of barking left and right check what they have to offer and validate it.

Good to see all the microsoft drama queens getting their panties in a knot.

Thankfully none of them have any coding talent, so they wont be applying for the jobs.

And one more thing.Is it something bad in bringing music software for mases ? Imagine something like "windows music maker" supporting vst/vsti with unlimited channels with ability of congregattion of audio sources , build in your system with possibility to expand using already known standards.As a user of software/musician - please do something for people who want to create with less things to know/program.Many of modern DAW is bloated with functions that we don't need or know about ,but to do some basic edits it's pain in ... .And those functions take our precious resources for other task that we actually need.Thank you :)

AnX wrote:Good to see all the microsoft drama queens getting their panties in a knot.

Thankfully none of them have any coding talent, so they wont be applying for the jobs.
:roll: :ud: There's no need for any of that, precious. Go redact something.

As if by magic....

...The smug Apple lover appears in a flurry of dollar bills.

This topic is hilarious! Someone from MS drops by to share a link to a job posting, and immediately we're inundated by insults, debates about the merits of various versions of Windows, unsolicited advice for MS, people publicly announcing their interest in a forum, and others somehow believing this is an ongoing two-way dialogue between them and the OP. It's just a link to a job opening, people! The same link was undoubtedly shared on many other forums. Either apply for the position or don't, but you're deluding yourself if you believe that you're somehow engaging with Microsoft in an open debate about anything and everything in this thread.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I don't think people are really thinking that. Just laughing I think, well I hope so anyway.

deastman wrote:This topic is hilarious! Someone from MS drops by to share a link to a job posting, and immediately we're inundated by insults, debates about the merits of various versions of Windows, unsolicited advice for MS, people publicly announcing their interest in a forum, and others somehow believing this is an ongoing two-way dialogue between them and the OP. It's just a link to a job opening, people! The same link was undoubtedly shared on many other forums. Either apply for the position or don't, but you're deluding yourself if you believe that you're somehow engaging with Microsoft in an open debate about anything and everything in this thread.

Exactly :clap:

quikquak wrote:I don't think people are really thinking that.
New here? ;)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”