RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

AnX wrote:
shroom81 wrote:
AnX wrote:ilok for a freebie?

:nutter:
It's 99$ after October 31st...
I know, i can read. That still doesnt explain why you need ilok for a freebie, which is what it is right now, and until Oct 31st.
You don't expect them to re-write the plugin for the free introductory offer, do you?

Not sure if I need it if I have CurveEQ (linear + match eq) and more than 10 other EQs. Do you see anything special in this one?

ps. I love my iLok ;)

Hmmmm the Latency on this thing is brutal. Useless for my guitar. Maybe there's some settings I'm missing. Does anyone else want a deeper cut ? Again maybe I'm missing something.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Aloysius wrote:
AnX wrote: That still doesnt explain why you need ilok for a freebie, which is what it is right now, and until Oct 31st.
What do you expect them to do? Should they release the product with no copy protection now and then add protection later? How many do you think they'd sell if there was a free version floating around the internet with zero protection?

How many ppl do you expect to buy it when its been given away free for 6 weeks to start with :lol:

jens wrote:
ariston wrote:
On a side note: doesn't anyone dare release a plugin nowadays without presets by Richard Devine? I swear, he's everywhere.
He's the Jordan Rudess of tarnce...
Dude :D I hope that's sarcasm.. RD's about as far removed from tarnce as you can get. But yeah, he does a lot of plugin endorsing these days.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Will definitely check out Richard's presets :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

AnX wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
AnX wrote: That still doesnt explain why you need ilok for a freebie, which is what it is right now, and until Oct 31st.
What do you expect them to do? Should they release the product with no copy protection now and then add protection later? How many do you think they'd sell if there was a free version floating around the internet with zero protection?

How many ppl do you expect to buy it when its been given away free for 6 weeks to start with :lol:
7 million, give or take a few. :P
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

audiosabre wrote:Why do eventide keep giving me free plugins? I own 3 eventide plugins and haven't paid a penny. Not complaining in the slightest, just surprised at their generosity :hug:
Because it works. When I got my first Eventide freebie, Ultrachannel, 32 bit only, people were like "WTF, Eventide makes plugins ?" Now they are well known here in the community.

Relating to another comment, it is surprising how many people miss freebies and later purchase plugins that were once free. You see this all the time. There are new people coming into the marketplace constantly. This is all about customer acquisition and building an audience for your brand.

Also, this thread is setting itself up to be a perfect example of what we were discussing earlier on how iLok hate derails interesting discussions about products. I made the point that this is where moderation should step in and kick the haters to the curb. I hope that happens here if this turns into yet another iLok hatefest. Of course it's reasonable to talk about copy protection in context with a product, but this is an interesting concept so if you're just complaining you're probably off topic.

:tu:

Ok I figured it out....we got suckered into Beta Testing this EQ. :lol:

I just put it on the Master of a piece I had been working on and it melted my CPU (no, it's an i7). So far I'm getting....too much Latency to be used on my guitar although it's like getting a doubler as a bonus and too CPU heavy to put on a relatively simple mix. Shame as I do like the concept.

I'll keep working with it before making a final decision but so far......ehhh.....it's worth every penny of free. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

audiosabre wrote:Why do eventide keep giving me free plugins? I own 3 eventide plugins and haven't paid a penny. Not complaining in the slightest, just surprised at their generosity :hug:
hey which ones you got for free? :O

And you get 2 activations
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thavma wrote:
hey which ones you got for free? :O
Obviously I can't speak for audiosabre, but I have gotten for free 2016 Stereo Room and H910 Harmonizer. Beautiful plugs!

This eq is brilliant imo, very interesting presets.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

H910 Harmonizer Free :o

I bought '2016 Stereo Room' and later got it Free.
I got 'UltraChannel' Free.
I got 'Newfangled-EQuivocate' Free.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”