Me Want Native Aly James!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Simmons SDSand OB-Xtreme that is... Any news? Rumors? Innuendo? Grapevine activity?

Saw the posts about the Fairlight... hmm... I guess that could tide me over... but mac ports sure would be nice! :)
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:Simmons SDSand OB-Xtreme that is... Any news? Rumors? Innuendo? Grapevine activity?

Saw the posts about the Fairlight... hmm... I guess that could tide me over... but mac ports sure would be nice! :)
I'm too waiting for any news! Especially the Fairlight thing which is in the pipeline for some time now. :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

If there's any news it'll be on his Facebook page.
Image Image Image Image

Well, that explains it. I don't "do" Facebook. :)

Aly James was a really exciting developer. There has been no news from him since January on any of his social media. Does anyone know if he is okay?

From Facebook (for those who don't use it): December 6 2016:
STILL ALIVE & WELL :D
I had been very quiet online for a while, couple of reason:
Whole personal studio rebuilt, new baby boy! 1 month and a half now, moving house, lots of music stuffs and hardware testing.
At some point I felt a bit bored by the 64bit and Mac conversion process because as a creator I rather work on new things.
So I put those on hold for a couple of month especially while being busy in real life :) but it had to be done anyway.
Though during that time I studied and elaborated some alpha version of new VSTs... some of them are SBF-325 Flanger emulation, enhanced Simmons Digital ClapTrap, a Publison Infernal Machine IM90 based micro sampler with note to pitch that doesn't change the sample time and have a particular color, started a Pearl Syncussion SY-1 drum synth model and of course Samplight.
Samplight need a lot of thoughts because of the nature of the product itself...
So I need to adjust the shot so it won't cause any sort of problems.
IIRC the current version needed to have the internal oversampling debugged a bit and then I will continue from there.
I have been in touch with some people to eventually make an hardware version but it is just "in the talk" for now...
Regarding coding, I had a big setback with the graphics side of 64bit. I had to throw away some work and remake the graphics side.
I have 90% completed that now, so I can concentrate on stabilizing the builds.
To speed things up a bit I am ignoring the Mac for now, so we can get stable Windows VST2 and VST3 at least.
On the Mac side, I also had to throw away the graphics work, so I’m going to remake that from scratch.
Mac will be done after Windows is stable.
Note that VPROM is using another framework so this doesn't apply for it.
At this point, VSDSX and Elastic Bender are almost done for 64bit, VSDSX V2 might featured the Simmons ClapTrap emulation built in.
OBXtreme will have new features too.
FMDrive and SPSG upgrades will be delayed unless I found some partners dev as I need to concentrate on new stuffs for now and come with fresh versions of them later :D
I also want to do video series with track making, gear demos, real life usage VST tutorials + I have some personal music to put out :)
Last but not least I will release a new VPROM upgrade, version 2.0.4 in January with some enhancement and features like choke cymbal...that I will explain on next post
While doing all of the above, I have kept the same low prices since 3 years now and I still answer to all my Email (though I am often late to respond at Fbook messages...)
My artistic view and manifesto is to stay myself and completely free, so you know I don't rely on press accolades or distribution deals, I have a personal and direct relationship with people but all of that take time, especially as a "one man band" ;)
Support from people all over the world is still awesome to this day so be sure I will come up with the goods in time!
Roadmap is ASAP :D
Best
AJ

ravasb wrote:Aly James was a really exciting developer. There has been no news from him since January on any of his social media. Does anyone know if he is okay?
He is alive and kicking. I purchased the update to Vlinn from him a few weeks ago. Took a couple of days to get back but he did get back and completed the transaction quite quickly.

His FB page states he I'd personally very busy (new baby) but he is still active and working on updating the Simmons drum at the moment.

Yeah been looking forward to the 64bit builds of his Genesis & Mastersystem VSTs for a while now - Fingers crossed they arrive soon !

Whilst waiting for Samplight (with baited breath) I've got hold of Green Light Sensations sample pack for TAL-Sampler to tide me over for old school Fairlight sounds: http://www.gprmusic.com/green-light-sensations/

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
His FB page states he I'd personally very busy (new baby) but he is still active and working on updating the Simmons drum at the moment.
Ah, thank you for this Info.This is exactly what i've hope, that Aly would do.
:tu:

Is there anyway to rename the gui of VPROM to VLINN?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

ravasb wrote:Aly James was a really exciting developer. There has been no news from him since January on any of his social media. Does anyone know if he is okay?
I emailed him about some updates I'd missed about a month ago, and got a reply and the issue fixed no problem, guess he's just too busy for social media

He's got a 10 month old. 'Nuff said.

:wink:

Thanks everybody for wiping my worries away a bit. :wink:

Wasn't following all the social kerfuffle and I was just wondering why all the goodness and promises of 64bit versions and new flanger were dropped.

VSDSX V2 64 bit now up and running, looks like Aly James is back :)

http://www.alyjameslab.com/alyjameslabvsdsx.html
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Nice. VSDSX was the only plug-in I was still using J-bridge on.

Return to “Instruments”