A new Eventide / Newfangled Free Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

˙ʇᴉ pǝǝu ll,no⅄ ˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ƃuᴉoƃ ʞɔnl pooפ
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

That's a really nice freebie. I'll be more than happy to grab it!

This plug has solved immediately a problem I had with a bad recorded vocal that I was trying to fix.
The Eq matching save me this time.
Simply great result, with no hassle. You put it out just in time, I must say.
Thank you. You made my day. :hug:
Cheers.

Teksonik wrote: Ok I've installed this EQ on a second system and had a go. It's simply not for me. Not impressed with the sound or performance so I'm out.

But thank you again for your generosity and the generosity of Eventide. Good luck going forward. :tu:
Fair enough :tu:
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote:Take a look at Richard Devine's presets in this plug-in (or any piece of gear) and you'll almost certainly learn about something that you didn't know it could do.
My thoughts exactly on the subject but was to lazy to write them down :clown:

Plugin makers get RD to make presets for their software to show what is possible... I love his presets for Blackhole for example as well as Ultra Channel they are more then usable, in fact their brilliant.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

jens wrote:
AnX wrote: How many ppl do you expect to buy it when its been given away free for 6 weeks to start with :lol:
Ah - so you doubt that they sell any Ultrachannel licences at all? :lol: (<- lauging about you, if that's not entirely clear to you)

No, i doubt they will sell many, not any.

:lol: (<- lauging about you, if that's not entirely clear, as you clearly cannot read and like to make assumptions)

Aloysius wrote:
AnX wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
AnX wrote: That still doesnt explain why you need ilok for a freebie, which is what it is right now, and until Oct 31st.
What do you expect them to do? Should they release the product with no copy protection now and then add protection later? How many do you think they'd sell if there was a free version floating around the internet with zero protection?

How many ppl do you expect to buy it when its been given away free for 6 weeks to start with :lol:
7 million, give or take a few. :P
I like you, you have a sense of humour.

Looks nice overall, but not sure if I need it. I can already handle EQ with tools I have :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Really interesting concept, the manual explains it nicely. The latency, while undesirable, is simply the nature of a spectral EQ, and it's worth the ability to manipulate the bands. The sound quality is quite excellent at the FFT block size it seems to be using. Any plans to allow changing the block size since we have PDC anyway?

The themes are a nice touch, I'm fond of the totally rad Twin Turbo. Thanks for the plugin, and all the tips you've provided in here, Dan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeXPbIRg4Qk

Reminds me a little of ye olde steinberg free filter.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanks so much Dan for this gift!

Regarding the CPU use and graphics, I have the same/similar issue. I have found it to be an issue with OpenGL.

Win 7 x64. Reaper 5.5. 12gb ram.
GPU: NVIDIA GTX285M. 1gb. OpenGL 3.3

I'm on an i7 960 3.2ghz (from 2010) high powered (at the time) "laptop". I'm not able to upgrade my video card and driver and the version of OpenGL it uses. When the GUI is open, I have much higher CPU usage, about 19%. Turning off the meters brings it down to about 16%. When the GUI is closed it goes down to about 5% (probably the normal amount). Also, the pop up tool tips just flash on and off with an empty box and then stay off. Buffer size 1024.

I have had the exact same behavior with some other plugins that use OpenGL - Unfiltered Audio plugins, and Oeksounds Soothe. Fortunately those plugins have added an option to turn off OpenGL. That solved my CPU problem. The tool tip problem remains though.
Last edited by ericzang on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericzang wrote:Thanks so much Dan for this gift!

Regarding the CPU use and graphics, I have the same/similar issue. I have found it to be an issue with OpenGL.

Win 7 x64. Reaper 5.5. 12gb ram.

I'm on an i7 960 3.2ghz (from 2010) high powered (at the time) "laptop". I'm not able to upgrade my video card and driver and the version of OpenGL it uses. When the GUI is open, I have much higher CPU usage, about 25%. Turning off the meters brings it down to about 19%. When the GUI is closed it goes down to about 10% (probably the normal amount). Also, the pop up tool tips just flash on and off with an empty box and then stay off.

I have had the exact same behavior with some other plugins that use OpenGL - Unfiltered Audio plugins, and Oeksounds Soothe. Fortunately those plugins have added an option to turn off OpenGL. That solved my CPU problem. The tool tip problem remains though.
Very much the same kind of computer specs in my laptop, but I´m on the Win 10 and Live 9.7.
CPU usage moderate (9-16 %). The video card NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

sin night wrote:I also wonder what we could expect after the giveaway...
From their FAQs section:

Q: Will you be making a mastering limiter that combines the power of EQuivocate with machine learning techniques? If so, will there be an upgrade?
A: Yes. The follow up to EQuivocate is Elevate — a full featured mastering limiter. Upgrades will be available.

Thanks for this amazing freebie, not had time to play with it properly yet but looking forward to it!

This is from a post on Muff's

Elevate is a multi-band limiter, human-ear EQ, and powerful audio maximizer that increases the loudness of your mix while maintaining or improving the musicality. It uses intelligent, adaptive technology that responds in real time to your music; creating not only the loudest, but the best sounding master.

Available 10/ 3/17 - $99 (MSRP $199)
If you have Equivocate you pay $79! So just by downloading the free plug-in, you will save an additional $20 from the intro price.
Sale ends October 31st.

Not sure if this is exactly how it will go down but the OP of the thread was correct with everything else
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Downloading this felt like daylight robbery for me! The match EQ is very useful indeed - I do a lot of A/B referencing with commercially released tracks so this provides a useful visual reference when sitting on the master bus. Nice sound too...! Sign up for an iLok account and grab it!

Return to “Effects”