Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Eric!
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

_pix_ wrote:
cprompt wrote: Yes they do, and they do significantly reduce the price of the full upgrade. How much appears to be dependent on a number of factors, but all I can say is that the last time they did a sale (a couple of months back), I could get the full bundle for about $110 or thereabouts. I have all the "jr" plugins, some of which were free as well as the free (at the time) SieQ and Tremolator. So yes, they definitely do work if you want the full bundle.
is there a way to know how much the discount will be with any given number of plugins?
The amount seems to vary from plugin to plugin.
DevilLoc 4 gets me $15, Little Radiator 5 gets $45, Little AlterBoy 5 gets $55, Tremolator 5 and SieQ 5 each get $30, (full) PrimalTap 5 gets me $65.

Does anyone know what happens if you purchase a newer version of something you already have, and if that will have an effect on the upgrade price?

I have a DevilLoc 4 license, upgrading it to v5 would cost me $29, so just purchasing a new v5 DevilLoc tomorrow will be the cheaper way out. If having a v4 and v5 of the same thing (or several v5 licenses of the same thing?) also brings down the upgrade price to the big bundle, then that would be fairly interesting.
Confucamus.

Rational wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:RE- IK Multimedia Total Studio Max deal currently happening.

What I really wish is that IK Multimedia would offer a "finish your bundle" bundle. I mean I own Syntronik, Sampletank 3, Philharmonik 2, Amplitube 4 with 2/3 of the add-ons and T-Racks 4 with 2/3 of the add-ons. I own a handful of Sampletank 3 expansions. If I go for the Total Studio MAX bundle it is about $499. If I add on what I am missing, it is not too far off from that. Seems like I could get some further discounts...

Anyone had any experience with that???
THIS! I've been thinking the same thing for ages. Yet they still haven't. So I haven't.

I'm getting fed up honestly with this. So I've stopped buying into every new release. The cost differential just isn't worth it. Sad too as they are losing out on income I'd have given them.

Why oh why can't companies figure out better marketing and packages for loyalty customers...?

Hoping.
I've never bought anything from Soundtoys and have their free ones and yet they will give you a everything upgrade for around $180.
I pay attention a lot more to my Izotope spam. They had one of their bundles for $285 and it was a whole lotta Izotope.
Melda makes great plugins and each one you buy has lifetime upgrades. Sometimes they have a 50% off to upgrade bundles thats also discounted for what you have.

Then there's IK which I really, really love their stuff. Some still can't upgrade to Ampeg 2 without paying $99. That's because of bundles or they got it free. Who knew how they acquired it a decade later. There's also some dissatisfaction that gear credits are not allow on certain items.

AAS - if you had their players they've had $50 upgrades to the full version. If you have two of their full versions they will have a sale where you get everything for $119.

Even Waves without the WUP, if you have a few plugins to their smaller bundles they have upgrade pricing. Even getting a freebie can be used towards a bundle.

AIR - after buying the $1 VST, often there is AIR everything for $70.

So with IK there is always some confusion. I'm irritated by the Ampeg 2 upgrade. Most developers don't make an issue how the previous version was acquired in denying upgrades (see those above). If I wasn't more of an IK fanboy I wouldn't buy any more from them.

There is a lot more competition out there then there was a decade ago.

Does anyone know if the upgrade to the Melda MFreeFXBundle ever goes on sale in the Eternal Madness discount?

mgw38 wrote:
Uncle E wrote:No one is talking about the new EQ Eventide is giving away until October 31? It's a new company by the programmer who made some of Eventide's best plugins and Eventide is distributing it:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eventide-equivocate
Somebody started an EQuivocate thread but people immediately decided to turn that into an "I hate iLok" thread. :lol:
I hate iLok :scared: ... but I will most certainly give it a shot I suppose (got a hardware iLok2... never opened), but I'm fine with giving the software version at least another shot (last time I tried it, it caused having on stability).
Eternitysound VST Banks

kitekrazy wrote:So with IK there is always some confusion. I'm irritated by the Ampeg 2 upgrade. Most developers don't make an issue how the previous version was acquired in denying upgrades (see those above). If I wasn't more of an IK fanboy I wouldn't buy any more from them.

There is a lot more competition out there then there was a decade ago.
IK tends to be stricter when a product is brand new. I imagine they will change the upgrade policy over time. The MAX Upgrades are a good example of this, they used to only be available for specific products but now anyone who owns a $99.99 product qualifies.

bharris22 wrote:Does anyone know if the upgrade to the Melda MFreeFXBundle ever goes on sale in the Eternal Madness discount?
I got it for $25 on 2016 black Friday IIRC.
Have yet to install it.

I hope everyone was able to jump on today's stupid deal of the day?

Got it. Wish they could have sent the serial instead.

Uncle E wrote:No one is talking about the new EQ Eventide is giving away until October 31? It's a new company by the programmer who made some of Eventide's best plugins and Eventide is distributing it:

https://www.jrrshop.com/eventide-equivocate
Thanks Eric! Did you know the FORUM discount code works on this? :D :tu:

Kalamata Kid wrote:
bharris22 wrote:Does anyone know if the upgrade to the Melda MFreeFXBundle ever goes on sale in the Eternal Madness discount?
I got it for $25 on 2016 black Friday IIRC.
Indeed, BF it's the only day they have it on sale. At least until now...

Just a reminder this starts today...

Soundtoys $10 "Little" Plug-ins + 100% of Sales Donated to Storm Relief

Help deploy military veterans and first responders to provide disaster relief to those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. On September 20 & 21 – for two days only – we’re offering Little AlterBoy, Little PrimalTap, Little MicroShift, Little Radiator and Devil-Loc for $10 each (reg. $79-99), and 100% of proceeds for ALL sales will be donated to Team Rubicon USA.

Shop now to aid those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Simply place an order for any Soundtoys product or upgrade in our web store on September 20-21, and every dollar of your purchase will be passed on to Team Rubicon USA.

https://www.soundtoys.com

dzilizzi wrote:Thanks Eric! Did you know the FORUM discount code works on this? :D :tu:
Deals Deals Deals! ;)

for those interested in knowing, I just purchased all 5 soundtoys little plugins and the upgrade price is $280. So that's $330 for the bundle.

Does anybody know if you can upgrade to Soundtoys academic bundle from freebie or "little" plugins? Or are upgrades just for the full, commercial bundle?
Also, do Soundtoys ever do discounts on their academic bundle? I don't know if I should buy the little plugins I don't own already or wait for a sale.
Cheers.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”