Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Question About Harmor's Architecture

wagtunes
KVRAF

8768 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:34 am Question About Harmor's Architecture

Synths in general, where you can import your own audio material (waves, photos, etc.) always confuse me because the manual doesn't always go into exporting of sounds and whether or not the imported data is embedded in the patch or if you have to include it in a data folder. For example, with Synthmaster, the data has to be put in a folder or Synthmaster doesn't find it.

How does Harmor work? Is the data embedded or do you need to put it in a data folder?

Does anybody know for certain?

Thank you for the assistance.
kokotte
KVRian

562 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Postby kokotte; Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:59 am Re: Question About Harmor's Architecture

image: embedded
waves: no embedded( refer to your hd)
Jedinhopy
KVRian

838 posts since 20 May, 2010

Postby Jedinhopy; Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:22 pm Re: Question About Harmor's Architecture

Photosounder can create images out of wav files that allows better image editing precision than what the images that HARMOR can convert sounds into.
olepro
KVRAF

1509 posts since 19 Apr, 2003, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby olepro; Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 am Re: Question About Harmor's Architecture

A little disappointed, because i was allmost certain that Harmor did not need the wave file after it was resynthezised.
Why is this necessary... hmmm

I know, an older topic, but it was a good start for my question
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy
egbert101
KVRian

987 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 am Re: Question About Harmor's Architecture

Someone wrote an unofficial Harmor manual. However, I've no idea where it is. If anyone can post it, it might help wagtunes.
caramik
KVRer

4 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Postby caramik; Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:54 am Re: Question About Harmor's Architecture

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

from Image Line forum

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&t=167682 (http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=1967&t=167682)
brainzistor
Suspended

Postby brainzistor; Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm Re: Question About Harmor's Architecture

olepro wrote:A little disappointed, because i was allmost certain that Harmor did not need the wave file after it was resynthezised.

You need to click on "Convert to image synthesis mode" so that Harmor scans the audio file and makes image out of it, that way you can embed image into a preset, without needing external file.
Basically, you convert audio file to image and that image can be embed into a preset.
When you save preset, that image is embed into a preset, which means you won't need external sample.

However, you may lose some audio quality after conversion.
Another thing is that presets can end up big, 4-5 megabytes. When you make 100 presets based on samples which were converted you'll easily end up with those 100 presets being 500 megabytes in size.
It depends what you are throwing in there.
olepro
KVRAF

1509 posts since 19 Apr, 2003, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby olepro; Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 am Re: Question About Harmor's Architecture

brainzistor wrote:
olepro wrote:A little disappointed, because i was allmost certain that Harmor did not need the wave file after it was resynthezised.

You need to click on "Convert to image synthesis mode" so that Harmor scans the audio file and makes image out of it, that way you can embed image into a preset, without needing external file.
Basically, you convert audio file to image and that image can be embed into a preset.
When you save preset, that image is embed into a preset, which means you won't need external sample.

However, you may lose some audio quality after conversion.
Another thing is that presets can end up big, 4-5 megabytes. When you make 100 presets based on samples which were converted you'll easily end up with those 100 presets being 500 megabytes in size.
It depends what you are throwing in there.

Thanks for you answer.
I was afraid of the reduced quality after converting to image, but after a little test, it seems that the difference is small.
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments