DtBlkFx x64 build for windows (Update: Github source release)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sfxsound3 wrote:Don't rely on this for production???
What a strange post. Well, already tested this and used it in an actual sound design project. Fyi, it didn't crash and was absolutely usable for keeping it running while recording piles of interesting raw material through it. That's a nice approach when using experimental software anyway. Afterwards, edited that audio material directly.

Thanks for the OP for making this available.

Nice work! I'm a dogged 32-bit holdout so it doesn't really affect me, but very pleased that more people may be turned on to this hugely underrated plug. There are sounds in here I just can't get anywhere else, especially given that crazy-huge window sizes up to 80640 samples are available. There's nothing quite like, say, the autoharm and harmrepitch modules in the rest of the plug-in world. Not to mention the plug's masking capabilities that allow selective, context sensitive (e.g. amplitude threshold, pitched harmonic content) processing of certain bands.

sfxsound3 wrote:So you waited a few months to get the code, then played a few hours and... sorry, it doesn't work that way! Don't rely on this for production??? :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yes, don't rely on this barely tested, decade old code base I tweaked to compile with a modern compiler. It is not production ready. It was something I hammered out in my spare time that I thought others might enjoy. What is so hard to understand? :idiot:

Damn, so I have to delete the wavs I created, are they unstable or volatile and unsafe to use ?!!1111!!?!??1!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Damn, so I have to delete the wavs I created, are they unstable or volatile and unsafe to use ?!!1111!!?!??1!
Yes. :hihi:

Dozius wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Damn, so I have to delete the wavs I created, are they unstable or volatile and unsafe to use ?!!1111!!?!??1!
Yes. :hihi:
Too late

They raped my cat, stole my credit card, corrupted my soundcard driver and posted Tweets in favour of Donald Trump on my account !!11!1!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

What would it take to get 64bit AU port of this?

There was a 64bitAU posted on Splice but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually download it.

https://splice.com/plugins/57262-dtblkfx-64-vst

got any ideas?

CinningBao wrote:What would it take to get 64bit AU port of this?
I don't have a fruity computer, so it would take someone who does contributing their time and effort.

There is also the problem that the Mac VST has no GUI and there isn't an AU version. Adding the GUI and porting to AU would be quite the undertaking given the state of the source code.

If anyone is willing to give it a go, just let me know.

I am willing to sacrifice the GUI for the DSP in an AU. I might be able to convince a friend to help me compile it for VST/AU, he likes a challenge.

I'll ping you if he's interested enough to do it.

cheers :)

Original post updated.

Many thanks for your work in keeping this plug alive :love:

This plug looks crazy, what does the name mean?

DT is the original author Darrell Tam, FX as in effects, and I had always assumed Blk to be block as in FFT Block as it does all kinds of shenanigans with the spectral bins/blocks.

Glad to see this has been updated - Been using this thing for years !

Anybody manage to get the 64bit version to show up in Ableton? Feelin like I've tried everything

All fine here, make sure you keep the folder structure intact (i.e. in a folder containing the main DtBlkFx.dll you should have two subfolders: 'docs' and 'dtblkfx' with more files in each)

Return to “Effects”