Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is an RG considered to be a 'super strat'? it seems like a strat, only 'pointier'.

speaking of wiring/options, and simplicity, many (if not all?) of the Slick guitars have just a volume pot. the blurb says the routing cavity has space for an additional tone pot, but they don't ship that way.

Slick/Xaviere guitars from guitarfetish.com are on my 'short list'...

be that as it may, that HSH strat is a definitely a beauty...

I love RG's and old Japanese ones are way underpriced for how great they are. A Prestige model will cost a little more but still much, much less than new. My Prestige RG is certainly one of the best guitars I've ever played.

tapper mike wrote:Thought of taking it up a notch and getting a Raven West?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stunning-Electr ... SwAExZl0DK
Nice looking guitar.

Anyone have any recommendations for a 24-fret guitar with trem system good enough to do dive bombs and stay in tune and decent variety in tone for prog rock? Love my Les Paul and looking for something to complement it. tried a PRS SE custom 24 in guitar center and didn't really gel with it; think because Im use to larger frets?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

LGK_Dude wrote:Anyone have any recommendations for a 24-fret guitar with trem system good enough to do dive bombs and stay in tune and decent variety in tone for prog rock?
Depending on how proggy we're talking, how about a Steinberger? You don't get better tuning than that.

looking at 'teles' again... the new Archer is actually great (for the price)... one thing was though, it arrived in 'navy blue' rather than the 'red' they had described it as being, on ebay... but, all in all for $100, there is a lot that could have gonewrong, and as it turned out, it's pretty good. but, still lookin' around, and thought of a thread bump...

Got rid of most of my truck-stop sushi, a significant loss, I took.

two words:

Maruszczyk Elwood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlpbvK-uniY

Not this color. I want tinted green, flame maple top and a pearl pick guard, but I want those pups. Also, the "in stocks" are all 40mm, I want to order with standard nut width for jazz. Too bad too because the guy in San Jose has one that I'd love to have for about a grand. I'm guessing it will set me back about 1600-1800 usd to order what I want. Not sure how it works, the dude In SJ can take care of all the grunt work so it's almost as ordering USA. Still looking into it, can't afford it yet but I'm sold on getting one, somehow.

that bass is very cool-looking...

yep, i'm learning the hard way that 'truck stop sushi' has little resale value...

Dude, you are one of the really cool guys on here :)

reecewolff wrote:Music Man Axis Suport Sport Semi Hollow https://www.music-man.com/instruments/g ... hollowbody
Those are really well made. I had one with p90's and a hardtail with the "hum cancelling" and it was great. One issue: Though it was a standard scale of 25.5, it felt "small" to me. Just keep that in mind.

Meh, it's backordered.

Edit again, it's on it's way

:shrug:

MF, one of the weirdest companies to deal with.

Xiangqi wrote:is an RG considered to be a 'super strat'?
Absolutely. My older TJC is still one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Pretty familiar with Ibby (as is Uncle) and your best bet is to scour for a used prestige. The 3 trems that are kosher are:

-Lo Pro
-Edge Pro
-Original edge

I've had others I didn't care for them. You can get parts pretty easy through Rich and ibanezrulz.

interesting... i used to actually be an 'rg guy'... then lately, started collecting these 'hipster' guitars instead... but had a purple rg back in the '90s, and it was the beesknees...

My favorite RG is mahogany with a maple top. It has Dimarzio pickups, a Tone Zone in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. My second favorite has a more traditional basswood body but with a maple fretboard. It has a Dimarzio Norton in the bridge that makes me sound like EVH. Unfortunately, the PRS Vintage Bass in the neck and stock middle pickup are terrible in that guitar, I really need to swap them out.

Most RG’s have the basswood bodies with the rosewood fretboards and I think that is what makes them so easy to play. There’s not much high-end or low-end, you just have a really solid midrange and so single note solos sound clean and accurate. It’s too dull for me but I completely get why so many high gain virtuoso players love it.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”