A new Eventide / Newfangled Free Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

Ph-J wrote:Thanks for the plugin Dan !

Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't find how to activate sidechain in Cubase
(usually, I activate SC in the plugin, then find a new output in my send options. I couldn't find where to activate it here).
Hi Ph-J,
It's VST2 only, so you'll need to use the 4 input method in Cubase.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI1s6HnTccM

Dan
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote: It's VST2 only, so you'll need to use the 4 input method in Cubase.
Dan
Enjoying having a play with this tonight, even with the group channel work around faff. So thank you.

Any plans for a VST3 version in the future? (VST3 API is meant to be a bit of a cow)

rollasoc wrote:
DGillespie wrote: It's VST2 only, so you'll need to use the 4 input method in Cubase.
Dan
Enjoying having a play with this tonight, even with the group channel work around faff. So thank you.

Any plans for a VST3 version in the future? (VST3 API is meant to be a bit of a cow)
I've had a lot of requests, so I'm going to look into it. Can't say anything for sure yet, though.

Interesting plugin. Is there any way to return a single band back to zero without having to double click it and type in zero? On most plugins it's a simple CTRL/CMD click or ALT+click. It would be very useful.

Also, about the upcoming Elevate. Will this be the same algorithm as was available for the Unity 3D engine?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

andymcbain wrote:Downloading this felt like daylight robbery for me! The match EQ is very useful indeed - I do a lot of A/B referencing with commercially released tracks so this provides a useful visual reference when sitting on the master bus. Nice sound too...! Sign up for an iLok account and grab it!
Don't feel too bad about it - the crossgrade to the Elevate limiter will be where they hope to make money from you. No obligation though, so this is a very generous offer... thanks Newfangled! And great to see some innovation in EQ land.

very good imo the biggest downside is the meters visual cause high cpu usage for me

This eq can sound very transparent and neutral, thus it makes it a good choice for mastering.

My only issue is with the GUI size. On a high DPI screen it's quite tiny and especially the text is unreadable small. As this plugin seems to be doing something with openGL? perhaps a GUI scaling feature would be not too far fetched?
But regardless of that, thanks for this great giveaway!

Thanks for the freebie Eventide. :)

Judging by the comments, I must be the only duckling who thinks the GUI variations are all ugly looking. Anyway, I'm really interested in what the Plugin can do, so hope to get to read the manual and watch all the videos soon.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

DGillespie wrote: Hi Ph-J,
It's VST2 only, so you'll need to use the 4 input method in Cubase.

Dan
Thanks ! (now I realize I've ever only used VST3 plugins for s-c)
I'll try this.

bmanic wrote:Interesting plugin. Is there any way to return a single band back to zero without having to double click it and type in zero? On most plugins it's a simple CTRL/CMD click or ALT+click. It would be very useful.
+1

Also, moving adjacent faders accidentally is just too easy. please fix that. its quite frustrating to move the fader with the mouse and having it moving a second one without even noticing ...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Sg1122 wrote:very good imo the biggest downside is the meters visual cause high cpu usage for me
There is a METERS button in the preset bar. Turning this off should help. I'm given to understand that on some systems this is not enough and I have to disable Open GL completely. If this is the case for you, a solution is in the works.

Dan

s_t wrote:This eq can sound very transparent and neutral, thus it makes it a good choice for mastering.

My only issue is with the GUI size. On a high DPI screen it's quite tiny and especially the text is unreadable small. As this plugin seems to be doing something with openGL? perhaps a GUI scaling feature would be not too far fetched?
But regardless of that, thanks for this great giveaway!
Potentially. The OpenGL makes smooth rescaling difficult, but I might be able to manage a small/medium/large option. I assume you're on Windows?

Tp3 wrote:
bmanic wrote:Interesting plugin. Is there any way to return a single band back to zero without having to double click it and type in zero? On most plugins it's a simple CTRL/CMD click or ALT+click. It would be very useful.
+1

Also, moving adjacent faders accidentally is just too easy. please fix that. its quite frustrating to move the fader with the mouse and having it moving a second one without even noticing ...
In DRAW CURVE mode the emphasis is on drawing the curve, so key commands are off and it's easy to accidentally move adjacent bands. You can turn DRAW CURVE mode off for fine tuning, or you can always temporary switch DRAW CURVE mode on or off with the shift key. So with DRAW CURVE on, shift drag will move just one band, shift-option-click will return to 0dB, and shift-command-click will fine tune. (Same on Windows with different buttons)

Dan

DGillespie wrote:
Tp3 wrote:
+1

In DRAW CURVE mode the emphasis is on drawing the curve, so key commands are off and it's easy to accidentally move adjacent bands. You can turn DRAW CURVE mode off for fine tuning, or you can always temporary switch DRAW CURVE mode on or off with the shift key. So with DRAW CURVE on, shift drag will move just one band, shift-option-click will return to 0dB, and shift-command-click will fine tune. (Same on Windows with different buttons)

Dan
Thanks ! :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”