Bands that created a b-side legacy ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let's not forget Half Man Half Biscuit or Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine :wink:

To put a slightly different spin on it, one could argue that no one has left a more lasting B-side legacy than The Winstons.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:To put a slightly different spin on it, one could argue that no one has left a more lasting B-side legacy than The Winstons.
+1 That Amen break has come to dominate many an a-side :tu:

Gary Numan also knew how to make good b-sides, Noise Noise is now a regular in his concerts.

But my particular fav is the Image Is and Here I am, better than most of his album content at the time.

The Model was a b-side that went on to be a number one after it got more airplay than Computer Love.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

For me, definitely Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark, who released a treasure trove of b-sides in the 80's.

'Navigation', their b-sides album, is definitely worth checking out.

taoyoyo wrote:For me, definitely Orchestral Manouevres in the Dark, who released a treasure trove of b-sides in the 80's.

'Navigation', their b-sides album, is definitely worth checking out.
+1

The b-sides for the A&M '81 album were so good, that two of them ended up on the next album Dazzle Ships

Oh man, Radiohead's b-side discography is better than most people's a-side discography. The newly remasterd b-sides disc on OKNOTOK is basically Radiohead's 4th best record and the Amnesiac/Kid A b-sides are even crazier than their respective a-sides. You could make an entirely acoustic EP or an entirely electronic EP from their various releases, and they'd both be great.

They have a seriously strong b-side game.

Adam and the Ants....brilliant B sides like Beat my Guest, Fall In, Lady and Press Darlings

I discovered electronic music through Depeche Mode b-sides and remixes. Often, I prefer their bonus tracks and b-sides more than their main tracks. "Ghost" & "Newborn" for instance are two track I absolutely love from them and they are b-sides.

dangayle wrote:Oh man, Radiohead's b-side discography is better than most people's a-side discography. The newly remasterd b-sides disc on OKNOTOK is basically Radiohead's 4th best record and the Amnesiac/Kid A b-sides are even crazier than their respective a-sides. You could make an entirely acoustic EP or an entirely electronic EP from their various releases, and they'd both be great.

They have a seriously strong b-side game.
A benefit of the "two CD single buy the same product twice 90's" was that many b-sides were created.

You are spot on about Radiohead, I just read this interview with John Leckie earlier this month, and he reflects about the need to create b-sides for their singles

http://www.musictech.net/2017/09/john-leckie-interview/
So that’s what we did for nine weeks at RAK, pulling our hair out, saying: “This is too good for a B-side,” or “not good enough for an A-side” and so on and so on.

If my memory serves me right The Stranglers had double a sides. I had all their early stuff, that all went missing when I got kicked out the family nest.

stonestreet wrote:If my memory serves me right The Stranglers had double a sides. I had all their early stuff, that all went missing when I got kicked out the family nest.
+1 Stranglers were good with b-sides.

Off the Beaten Track that was issued in '86, a b-side compilation of their golden years, some nice ones like Go Buddy Go, VietnAmerica, but I guess not everybody will like stuff like Yellowcake UF6 and Love30 :D

I bought many of their reissue CD's that came out in the early '00s, and most of them contain 5 or more b-sides as extra tracks

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”