Unfiltered Audio SpecOps: Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote:this isn't a Spec Ops question, probably more a Cubase one..

I've got Spec Ops to freeze some audio - I'm then sweeping through using the TopMost FX and tidying up with the filters.

How can I record this? Render in Place produces silence and exporting doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone got any ideas?
Why bouncing/rendering? Just record out the audio coming from SpecOps into another audio track, that's it. Case close.

ChamomileShark wrote:
thelizard wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:this isn't a Spec Ops question, probably more a Cubase one..

I've got Spec Ops to freeze some audio - I'm then sweeping through using the TopMost FX and tidying up with the filters.

How can I record this? Render in Place produces silence and exporting doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone got any ideas?
When doing a Render in Place or an Export, the bins are reset. I should put a "if Freeze is active, don't do this" call, which is what we do in Sandman Pro.

If you're in Ableton, I would set up a Resample track and record the audio live and in real-time. If your DAW can't record to one track from another track, you should run a bit of audio first and automate the Freeze button to catch the spectral frame that you want.
ok, so just to be clear, is this something you will do in a future update? It would be really useful for me.
Yep! This will be fixed.

mt3 wrote:Can you elaborate on the issues with modifying the number of bins while the DAW transport is running?
Which issues, the latency reporting issues?

Each host treats real-time latency changes differently. In Logic, for instance, the new latency is only reported if you restart playback. So, if you change the number of bins mid-track, that track will be knocked out of alignment. In Cubase/Nuendo, there's an audio drop-out when the latency changes. I think REAPER has a discontinuity pop. At least one host has a funny delay-slew effect.

This is also why Window Size is not automatable. Most of the hosts fail here. In Cubase, for instance, playback would freeze when automating the Window Size. The reason would be that the Window Size would change, and the timeline would jump back a few samples while compensating. It would then read the old Window Size automation value and get caught in a logic loop.

A good workaround would be to have two instances of SpecOps on the track, one with each Window Size setting that you want. You would then fade one out and fade the other in when wanting to change between the active Window Size.

ChamomileShark wrote:How can I record this? Render in Place produces silence and exporting doesn't seem to work either.
Use a recorder? Voxengo Recorder is freeware.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/recorder/

SpecOps does not work on: Microsoft Windows XP.

Jedinhopy wrote:SpecOps does not work on: Microsoft Windows XP.
95?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
95?
I am serious.

Jedinhopy wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
95?
I am serious.
On the product page, the system requirements listed are Windows 7+. If you purchased it and are unable to use it, you could request a refund from https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html

We had to remove support for XP, Vista, and OSX 10.6 + 10.7. We needed to switch to C++11 to support the ROLI Blocks and to add a lot of important optimizations to our code. Switching to C++11 also gave us a cleaner codebase for quicker bug identification.

Awesome plugin, I've been looking for something like this for ages since little edian lost support. Sadly though I purchased it from the UA website but never got a confirmation email to activate it. Using the 14day trial and plugin alliance support is SLOW. I posted about this in a different thread but thought this one is a bit busier.

Anyway love this product, can't wait to have my license sorted and use it in some of my work.

seayan wrote:Awesome plugin, I've been looking for something like this for ages since little edian lost support. Sadly though I purchased it from the UA website but never got a confirmation email to activate it. Using the 14day trial and plugin alliance support is SLOW. I posted about this in a different thread but thought this one is a bit busier.

Anyway love this product, can't wait to have my license sorted and use it in some of my work.
Responded on the other thread, but I'll repost here for visibility:

PA isn't involved with our website. Send me a PM with the e-mail address that you used to purchase it and I'll get your activation code re-sent to you right away. I'm wondering if it got spam filtered. Sorry about that!

There is a bug in the release version which wasn't present in the last Beta version, dialing in the Contrast module produces immediate overloads which kill the output, the meters go into the red and stay like that until the plugin is removed and re-inserted. That's on Mac OS 10.12.6 using Logic 10.3.2 on a Mac Pro 12-core (the latest ashtray model).

Sampleconstruct wrote:There is a bug in the release version which wasn't present in the last Beta version, dialing in the Contrast module produces immediate overloads which kill the output, the meters go into the red and stay like that until the plugin is removed and re-inserted. That's on Mac OS 10.12.6 using Logic 10.3.2 on a Mac Pro 12-core (the latest ashtray model).
Hi Simon,

Can you e-mail me a copy of the preset where this is occurring? We've had trouble on-and-off with the Contrast effect causing NaN outputs. We thought we had finally squashed it, but it sounds like you found another instance. Typically, the bug occurs with its interaction with other effects.

thelizard wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:There is a bug in the release version which wasn't present in the last Beta version, dialing in the Contrast module produces immediate overloads which kill the output, the meters go into the red and stay like that until the plugin is removed and re-inserted. That's on Mac OS 10.12.6 using Logic 10.3.2 on a Mac Pro 12-core (the latest ashtray model).
Hi Simon,

Can you e-mail me a copy of the preset where this is occurring? We've had trouble on-and-off with the Contrast effect causing NaN outputs. We thought we had finally squashed it, but it sounds like you found another instance. Typically, the bug occurs with its interaction with other effects.
I wasn't using a preset, just selecting the contrast module and then tweaking the parameters, it always occurs here so it should be reproducible on your end.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
thelizard wrote:
Hi Simon,

I wasn't using a preset, just selecting the contrast module and then tweaking the parameters, it always occurs here so it should be reproducible on your end.
Can anyone else reproduce the bug? I can't reproduce it here.

Did you install the release version through the PA Installation Manager or through the installers on the product page? If you installed it through PAIM, I'm wondering if there's a weird installation bug occurring because of your beta status.

thelizard wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
thelizard wrote:
Hi Simon,

Can anyone else reproduce the bug? I can't reproduce it here.

Did you install the release version through the PA Installation Manager or through the installers on the product page? If you installed it through PAIM, I'm wondering if there's a weird installation bug occurring because of your beta status.
I installed the release version before testing and it clearly says version 1.0.0 in the credits/about page. I just downloaded it from my user account.

----

Here is a first video, processing some sampled guitar textures from one of my Falcon libraries with SpecOps creating a patch from scratch, later in the video selecting some other presets I made for SpecOps during the Beta-testing-phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz4cXVJ3jn4

Return to “Effects”