Digital Performer 9.5 update ... (Zynaptiq ZTX Pro time-stretching / pitch-shifting algo included)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Curious what users of this host have to say about the updated time-stretching & pitch-shifting algos ?
Any other host currently using these or similar/better quality ?

per the update blurb:
ZTX Pro time-stretching

ZTX Pro has been deployed throughout Digital Performer 9.5 wherever audio time-stretching can be applied and produces dramatically improved results, even when slowing down or speeding up audio by extreme amounts. Users will experience state-of-the-art time-stretching quality on any type of audio material: drum loops, solo instruments, multi-timbral material, vocals, full mixes, mono, stereo, n-channel, etc. Users can easily conform imported loops and audio clips to their project tempo, apply wholesale tempo adjustments to entire mixes, create conductor track tempo maps (including gradual tempo changes) and many other operations that alter the length and speed of audio clips.

ZTX Pro pitch-shifting and relative pitch editing

ZTX Pro pitch-shifting provides extremely high-quality pitch-shifting on both monophonic and multi-timbral audio material, even full mixes. Formant-corrected or standard pitch-shifting can be applied as desired. Global preferences can be set, with the ability to specify the pitch-shifting mode for any individual audio clip. A new relative pitch editing layer in the Sequence Editor allows users to graphically transpose any audio material up or down by interval using a draggable pitch bar or a pencil tool for fine-tuned pitch correction, adding or removing vibrato and so on.

ZTX Pro quality presets

ZTX Pro quality presets allow users to achieve the best results for a wide variety of audio material, including "solo" for monophonic material and "efficient" for fast processing that adapts variably to the characteristics of the audio signal. PureDSP pitch-shifting has been preserved as an additional option, as it often produces best results on solo vocals (or other monophonic instruments), especially when fine-tuning vocals.

Yup very interesting , the Ircam one in UVI Falcon is brilliant but not as user friendly as this obviously. Used DP a long time ago and still have an upgrade after 20 years !!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

they put some demos up,
sounds quite impressive ... would have liked to hear them go into extremes for creative purposes, but I guess that's what 30 day trials are for. I will check DP out for sure when I build my new studio computer, assuming LIVE 10 hasn't caught up with the algos and the implementation anyway (and DP crossgrade offer still exists)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWHxA4VXLns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI6YBvn1rzQ
https://soundcloud.com/motu-music/sets/ ... -time-demo

I just can't use DP simply because of super tiny fonts. There is no way to make them bigger. This has been requested for years but the developers don't seem to be interested. It's a shame because it's a great DAW otherwise.

untimelyman wrote:I just can't use DP simply because of super tiny fonts. There is no way to make them bigger. This has been requested for years but the developers don't seem to be interested. It's a shame because it's a great DAW otherwise.
Likewise..
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

untimelyman wrote:I just can't use DP simply because of super tiny fonts. There is no way to make them bigger. This has been requested for years but the developers don't seem to be interested. It's a shame because it's a great DAW otherwise.
I learned to navigate around DP in spite of the small font issue, but it is one of the major downfalls of the application and prevented me from immediately investing into the DAW when it first became available on Windows with DP8.

I purchased a DP9 cross-grade later on, but I still prefer to work in Samplitude Pro X3 Suite or Studio One 3 Professional as they do not strain my eyes and have a more traditional workflow.

MOTU really should address font size issue, but apparently they do not believe it is a high priority matter and/or find it too cost prohibitive based on DP's present sale volumes.

Silaris wrote: MOTU really should address font size issue, but apparently they do not believe it is a high priority matter and/or find it too cost prohibitive based on DP's present sale volumes.
I'm sure it's an issue, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.
There are parts of the UI that suffer for sure, but over all fonts aren't smaller than other DAWs, just in certain areas of the GUI. More than the font thing, the volume V's in the CC editor are ridiculously tiny. My guess an overhaul of the GUI is the next big step, but it's not an easy one so who knows when it will happen.

For the record here's a quick comparison. We are literally talking one font size smaller, (if that!?) and in some cases, DAWs using bolded fonts etc.
Cubase
Pro Tools
Logic
and DP9

ya those comparisons don't look bad .... but isn't their gripe that, if the gui/font size is a problem, you can't adjust the gui/font size in Digital Performer ... but you can in the competition ?

I don't use any of the DAWs listed, so I can't confirm myself, but I thought that was their point.

The fonts in the windows DP version are much worse for some people, and DP has a lot of very tiny GUI elements.

So a comparison of GUIs to DP in macOS are somewhat poor.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”