Volume Shaper ducking in FL 12

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see a lot of producers like Jauz and Barley Alive who both use Ableton, who do this really cool form of ducking everything out (or mostly everything) using volume shaper.

But of course for a non house song, like dubstep/brostep. You want to assign the ducking to midi using volume shaper.

Of course I can use and have been using volume automation using fruity balance, which is great but I feel like volume shaper would be much easier doing it that way if only I knew how to do so.
Plus, volume shaper can do multiband ducking...

ALSO I want to be able to assign as many instruments as I want to the volume shaper triggered by midi. (kick and snare) so have everything routed to duck on it..

People have done it! but from what I see in different daws.

How can you do this in FL 12?..

The easiest way would be the envelope generator...

Just a single instance from which you can control as many Fruity balancers on different channels as you like... and for multiband ducking it´s quite easy to do with patcher...
That´s for the midi controlled way...

If midi isn´t necessary, Love Philter is the way to go... highly customizable and 8 instances in a single plugins with a seperate LFO for everything as well as multiple patterns and a built in waveshaper... everything you need without spending money :-)

It´s easily possible with FLS but in different ways... and even you like it or not...

load a midi out generator, write your midi note for triggering, assign the midi in , in your effect warper option, 0 channel 1, et voila.

Oneyejoe wrote:I see a lot of producers like Jauz and Barley Alive who both use Ableton, who do this really cool form of ducking everything out (or mostly everything) using volume shaper.

But of course for a non house song, like dubstep/brostep. You want to assign the ducking to midi using volume shaper.

Of course I can use and have been using volume automation using fruity balance, which is great but I feel like volume shaper would be much easier doing it that way if only I knew how to do so.
Plus, volume shaper can do multiband ducking...

ALSO I want to be able to assign as many instruments as I want to the volume shaper triggered by midi. (kick and snare) so have everything routed to duck on it..

People have done it! but from what I see in different daws.

How can you do this in FL 12?..

Next time at least try to read manuals of software you have instead of asking people to waste their time explaining what's already written in manual which you have.

You have this shipped with FL Studio, the same help/manual:
https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp
Press F1 in FL Studio to open it.

Mixer:
https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... /mixer.htm

scroll down and you'll find "Internal Mixer Track Routing & Sidechaining" section and below it it's
"Multiple Track Routing" section and you'll learn how to route multiple tracks to one track in Mixer from which you can control all routed tracks to it.

Ducking, sidechaining can be done in multiple ways in FL Studio and Youtube has metric shit ton of tutorials, so I won't bother with that.

brainzistor wrote:
Next time at least try to read manuals of software you have instead of asking people to waste their time explaining what's already written in manual which you have.
Wow... calmate hombre...
Nothing has happened :-)

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

It is a little tricky - I almost feel like Cable Guys should have how-to's for all the major DAWs.

This is how I do it....

- Insert (+) new FL Studio instrument: MIDI / Midi Out
- Set Midi Out's 'Output Port' to 2
- Put ShaperBox (VolumeShaper) on an empty mixer channel (let's say Channel 10)
- Open VolumeShaper, click on VST Wrapper Settings button at top of GUI
- Set ShaperBox's 'Midi Input Port' to 2
- Turn on "Midi Trigger" button
- Change 'Low/Mid/High Volume LFO - Beat (Synced)" to Midi "Beat (1-shot)"
- Customise your own ducking effect shape(s) in VolumeShaper
- Click 'Save' button(s) down in 'MIDI Trigger' section
- Start new 'Pattern' in FL Studio
- Use Step Sequencer (or Piano Roll) to place a midi note (C) in the first slot
- This is now your ducking midi note, which, you can place anywhere in your song arrangement as a pattern
- Now everything pointing directly or routing to mixer channel 10 will duck when you tell it to

That's the basics.

Then you can setup multiple curves, save them inside the same instance of VolumeShaper and trigger them with different notes.

Trancit wrote:
brainzistor wrote:
Wow... calmate hombre...
Nothing has happened :-)
I helped him in another thread too, my consciousness is absolutely clean :D
But, you need to slap a bit beginners so that they start using their brains more instead of going around and just asking people things.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”