Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Loading random samples from folders?

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
3782 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:44 am Loading random samples from folders?

Is there a sampler or drum machine (either built into Logic or from a third-party) that has a "load random samples from user folder" feature?

I looked around the forum and DuckDuckGo for this already, found nothing, and now I'm inquiring here where someone else might already know.

I know BFD can load a random kit, but it doesn't do user samples (right??). Along with BFD2, I have Logic 9.x, Kontakt 3, Reaktor 5.x, Reason 6, and even an old Akai S6000, but I've never noticed such a feature anywhere. If Battery 4 has this feature, that would raise it up in my "might want to purchase" priorities, but web searches didn't reveal such a feature exists.

Thanks!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
3782 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:44 am Re: Loading random samples from folders?

I guess that's a "no" then.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
597 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:13 am Re: Loading random samples from folders?

Jace-BeOS wrote:Is there a sampler or drum machine (either built into Logic or from a third-party) that has a "load random samples from user folder" feature?

I looked around the forum and DuckDuckGo for this already, found nothing, and now I'm inquiring here where someone else might already know.

I know BFD can load a random kit, but it doesn't do user samples (right??). Along with BFD2, I have Logic 9.x, Kontakt 3, Reaktor 5.x, Reason 6, and even an old Akai S6000, but I've never noticed such a feature anywhere. If Battery 4 has this feature, that would raise it up in my "might want to purchase" priorities, but web searches didn't reveal such a feature exists.

Thanks!


You have Reason 5, so you have NNXT. It allows you to load a random folder of samples, and will even auto-map for you - among other things.

NNXT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5 | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
User avatar
atya
KVRist
 
86 posts since 17 Sep, 2014, from LPGC

Postby atya; Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:17 am Re: Loading random samples from folders?

In Poise you can use up to 8 samples on each of the 16 pads and it can play those 8 samples randomly.
acYm
KVRist
 
497 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Postby acYm; Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 pm Re: Loading random samples from folders?

xfer Nerve can select random samples from the current sample's folder for one or all pads at once.
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
3782 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:31 pm Re: Loading random samples from folders?

EnochLight wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Is there a sampler or drum machine (either built into Logic or from a third-party) that has a "load random samples from user folder" feature?

I looked around the forum and DuckDuckGo for this already, found nothing, and now I'm inquiring here where someone else might already know.

I know BFD can load a random kit, but it doesn't do user samples (right??). Along with BFD2, I have Logic 9.x, Kontakt 3, Reaktor 5.x, Reason 6, and even an old Akai S6000, but I've never noticed such a feature anywhere. If Battery 4 has this feature, that would raise it up in my "might want to purchase" priorities, but web searches didn't reveal such a feature exists.

Thanks!


You have Reason 5, so you have NNXT. It allows you to load a random folder of samples, and will even auto-map for you - among other things.

NNXT.jpg


Excellent! Thanks for pointing this out to me. I didn't know it had this option. I hope Kong does too.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
3782 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:34 pm Re: Loading random samples from folders?

acYm wrote:xfer Nerve can select random samples from the current sample's folder for one or all pads at once.


Good to know, thank you!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
emotica
KVRian
 
1191 posts since 21 Feb, 2010, from Berlin, Germany

Postby emotica; Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:39 pm Re: Loading random samples from folders?

NI Polyplex is kinda THE random machine for creating unique drum sounds from layering 4 single samples. The factory content is quite good already imo, but you can import your own samples as well.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments