iZotope Ozone Imager (FREE Plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone Imager

Aloysius wrote:
krabbencutter wrote:Great Plug! Unfortunately iLok authorization is not working for me right now :/
(Yeah, I know, everybody hates iLok! Please tell me more about it ...)
To authorize, simply load Ozone Imager in your plug-in host. You will be then be prompted to enter your serial number.
I know iLok is optional. But I personally like to have my Izotope stuff on my iLok. Even though I was able to transfer the license to my iLok,the iLok authorization in Ozone Image seems to be broken right now (PT12 & Reaper 5.40).

Are you sure? I use iLok but there is no option to use iLok for Authorization (for this Product) in my izotope Account. It says CHALLENGE/RESPONSE (only).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Does it do anything new compared to what’s out there?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Does it do anything new compared to what’s out there?
Not really, it's a mid/side widener, plus a doubler (Stereoize option) paired with 3 visualization options.
It may come in handy because it's all-in-one.
It's easy if you know how

Aloysius wrote:Are you sure? I use iLok but there is no option to use iLok for Authorization (for this Product) in my izotope Account. It says CHALLENGE/RESPONSE (only).
I got the serial through jrrshop. When I registered it at Izotope I was given the option for an additional iLok authorization and the License was properly placed in my iLok account, from where I moved it to my iLok.

Interesting. Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

krabbencutter wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Are you sure? I use iLok but there is no option to use iLok for Authorization (for this Product) in my izotope Account. It says CHALLENGE/RESPONSE (only).
I got the serial through jrrshop. When I registered it at Izotope I was given the option for an additional iLok authorization and the License was properly placed in my iLok account, from where I moved it to my iLok.
I see JRRshop just emailed me a new serial number - so I'm guessing some sort of error with those initial serials

Original JRRshop serials had '08IMG' as the product identifier, new ones have '08FRIMG'.

First serial COULD be moved to ilok, but wouldn't actually unlock the plugin (either ilok or c/r)

New serial actually works for c/r but can't be moved to ilok - same as other izotope freebies like neutrino and vinyl (makes sense since it costs izotope money every time they use ilok so you wouldn't want to do that on a free product)
Last edited by jdnz on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I registered the plugin via ilok , licence is on the dongle , but the plugin is again in demo mode....

I registered by downloading the app, pasting in the serial, and letting it auto do whatever with their server. It worked.

Sounds great too.. and they did mention Ozone 8 in the installer haha it is in the serial number too 08FRIMG --- 08 (Ozone 8 ) FR (Free) IMG (Imager)

The Imager in Ozone allows one to stereo spread by frequency band which is nice. But unless you shell out for the Advanced version, you don't get each module as an individual VST. This is essentially a very light version of that Imager module, but it works nicely imo.

Thanks, iZotope.

Nice! Does it do the correlation trace metering mode? That's probably my favourite thing about the multiband Ozone 7 one.

Same algorithm as in ozone 7? Or does it sound different?

SeeingInMidi wrote:Same algorithm as in ozone 7? Or does it sound different?
Same question here. Is this a different Imager than the one bundled with Ozone 7/Ozone 7 Advanced ?

Guessing same algorithm but wideband, not multiband - so you can't mono the bass and widen the highs etc like the Ozone 7 one.

It nulled with Ozone 7 at the same settings.

VitaminD wrote:I registered by downloading the app, pasting in the serial, and letting it auto do whatever with their server. It worked.

Sounds great too.. and they did mention Ozone 8 in the installer haha it is in the serial number too 08FRIMG --- 08 (Ozone 8 ) FR (Free) IMG (Imager)

The Imager in Ozone allows one to stereo spread by frequency band which is nice. But unless you shell out for the Advanced version, you don't get each module as an individual VST. This is essentially a very light version of that Imager module, but it works nicely imo.

Thanks, iZotope.
Official teaser up now for Ozone 8 and Neutron 2:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mas ... /o8n2.html

Return to “Effects”