Roland D550 No Sound? Help Plz!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

somehow i get no sound of this box..... i get a midi signal and i connected my jd990 too with the same cables etc. and it works.

there has to be something broken :(

anyone any idea if it could be fixed by yourself or needs to be repaired maybe?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

So something is probably broken. This could be something as simple as the output jack solder joint(common on some gear from this time frame) to a bad cpu or other critical system chip. Whether or not it is fixable is impossible to say from a post. I do recommend looking for a solid repair guy/gal and have them take a look. It will require time and money that may exceed the value of the gear, so keep that in consideration...

I'm having the same problem. I don't think it's a jack because neither the mains, nor the headphone jack work, but it will recieve midi signals. I'm not a certified tech or anything but there doesn't seem to be anything obvious going on with it. If I eventually get mine sorted out I'll post my findings.

Have either of you tried a factory reset (for the settings, not the sounds) or tried any of the built-in tests? Do you see patch names when you turn it on? If not, the battery may have failed. If it has, you'll have to re-load your patches from the computer or a backup RAM card (if the battery in that is still any good; I've seen those fail, too).

To reset the D-550 (not the D-50):

Press and hold BANK 2, PATCH 6 & ENTER while you power it up.
(This only resets the D-50's system; it shouldn't reset the patches.)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I just did that and now it works flawlessly. Now I feel a little bad for the Japanese guy I paid $199 for a broke D550. The least I can do is send him the key that someone had hidden inside of it (Don't Ask) Thanks planetearth P.S. sorry for global warming and the ozone layer thing

kevinmcnasty wrote:I just did that and now it works flawlessly. Now I feel a little bad for the Japanese guy I paid $199 for a broke D550. The least I can do is send him the key that someone had hidden inside of it (Don't Ask) Thanks planetearth P.S. sorry for global warming and the ozone layer thing
Glad to hear it works for you!

Oh, and don't worry about the whole "global warming/ozone layer" thing. I'll seek my revenge in due time. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

thanks alot! i reset the piece but sadly still no sound :(

it seems something is really not working on the platine anymore, f**k!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:thanks alot! i reset the piece but sadly still no sound :(

it seems something is really not working on the platine anymore, f**k!
What's the "platine"?

Do you get any errors on your D-550 when it boots up, and/or do you see any corrupted patch names?

Have you tried running the on-board tests?

Steve

"Platine" is german for board. ;)

chk071 wrote:"Platine" is german for board. ;)
It’s also Canadian for French fries and gravy. With cheese curds.

Or is that poutine :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”