MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Just realized that the free bass player bundle that comes with this special doesn't include the ampeg amps. I think they are just amps that are included with amplitube 3. So nothing new. Less enticing than I thought an amplitube 3 owner.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just realized that the free bass player bundle that comes with this special doesn't include the ampeg amps. I think they are just amps that are included with amplitube 3. So nothing new. Less enticing than I thought an amplitube 3 owner.
The JH 1200 & its cab are from AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary, not AmpliTube 3.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just realized that the free bass player bundle that comes with this special doesn't include the ampeg amps. I think they are just amps that are included with amplitube 3. So nothing new. Less enticing than I thought an amplitube 3 owner.
The JH 1200 & its cab are from AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary, not AmpliTube 3.
Ah. I've got the Hendrix too. Didn't notice what collection it was in.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Ah. I've got the Hendrix too. Didn't notice what collection it was in.
Cool. I just wanted to make sure others were aware in case they noticed they didn't have it with AmpliTube 3 (or AmpliTube 4 Deluxe) and might get confused. :)

So will MODO bass crash windows 10 as much as Sampletank 3 does?

miden wrote:So will MODO bass crash windows 10 as much as Sampletank 3 does?
As much as I don't like ST3, it isn't because it crashes or that the libraries suck .. it's the lack of streaming and memory management features in this supposedly "modern ..add whatever commercial hyperbole suits" sampler ... I actually have several ST3 libraries in my VEP template that is loaded 24/7, and I don't believe I've ever had a ST3 crash.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Also, MODO looks really cool and from what I can tell from demos, it sounds great in a song context. It has some weird automation limitations like Syntronik though. I'll probably end up getting it sooner than later. Modeling sure has come a long way.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
As much as I don't like ST3, it isn't because it crashes or that the libraries suck .. it's the lack of streaming and memory management features in this supposedly "modern ..add whatever commercial hyperbole suits" sampler ... I actually have several ST3 libraries in my VEP template that is loaded 24/7, and I don't believe I've ever had a ST3 crash.
Thanks...yeah for the most part I agree...the crashing is particularly bad with WASAPI, but it also happens with USB asio audio (proprietory) drivers too. And of course "support" can not get it to happen so as far as they are concerned its not happening. Even though the developer of Cantabile and I have both sent in-depth crash reports.

miden wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Thanks...yeah for the most part I agree...the crashing is particularly bad with WASAPI, but it also happens with USB asio audio (proprietory) drivers too. And of course "support" can not get it to happen so as far as they are concerned its not happening. Even though the developer of Cantabile and I have both sent in-depth crash reports.
hmm ... I don't use Cantible and I have an Aurora Audio card (Lynx). Good ASIO driver. So maybe hardware/DAW/drivers specific issue. I primarily use Cubase, but ST3 is typically although not always loaded in VEP. No crashes.

You can try the demo if you'd like. By the way, I use both [edit - SampleTank 3 and MODO BASS, not Cantabile as I'm not familiar though you had not mentioned that until further replies for some reason] all the time in Windows 10 with zero crashes. Please continue to work with support and I'm sure they'll assist you to completion. Any submitted crash reports and such will typically be relayed to the developers for further scrutiny and if you'd like an update on the status of anything to do with your ticket you can reply to it at any time. Thank you.

thanks Peter, however support have clearly indicated to me that as they cannot seem to repeat it, there is ntohignmore for them to be involved in. Yeah it gets passed along, but like a thousand others things, it will just sit in the "tray" and never see the light of day again. This I understand, its frustrating a bit, but yeah I understand. I jsut wish I could figure why the hell ST3 and my Windows 10 just don't get along...It may be the VST 3 thing on the DAW as I run VST 2 version on laptop and now I am NOT using WASAPI no crashes. OS I 'll check that.

BUT, hahaha back on topic - I am really liking this MODO Bass, just need to try and find some money to pay for it haha!

Maybe check your ton of background tasks first, like Antivirus, Antimalware, Firewall, Printer tool etc. etc. People often think everything should "just work", but background tasks are the enemy of any audio production PC. Keep that in mind. Get rid of them.

The problem is clearly your OS setup. Get a guy who can clean it up, if you can't. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

yeah well, those things are all a given :) been doing it for 25+ years m8! I even turn off wi-fi when I want ot get some serious recording time in. Even though many say it is not necessary.

I have read elsewhere that the whole VST3 thing is quite a bit over-rated and there arre more buggy apps than good ones...I think I'll give the vst 2.4 ST3 a run for a while and see what happens.

I still like MODO Bass, it is still a bit expensive I reckon, and I still need to find some $'s to pay for it hahaha!

Thanks for your post :)

Regarding VST3 vs VST2 that is in my experience, too. If you can use VST2, always use VST2 version as they are usually more stable. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

cool thanks!

Return to “Instruments”