Blue Cat Audio Late Replies (delay plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Late Replies

Here is another video example, on a dry piano sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un5F9Drz-AM

Trying now, but on my screen resolution (1366 x 768) the GUI is too large. This normally isn't a problem in Reaper as it has scrollbars in its FX window. However, these scrollbars are not there when Late Replies is loaded.

:(

Blue Cat Audio wrote:GUI was indeed a challenge to build
I'd like the option to avoid menu nesting, and have a pinnable panel
for presets. z3ta+ 1.5 has a row of 6 buttons, each opening
a panel of presets, no arcade dodgery needed.

Having the panel stay open while auditioning sounds
would also be a big bonus, don't need no busywork
opening/closing things just because...same goes for Destructor gui.

On the brite side, you've aced the sounds and effects.
Using one instance on my Mustang amp output, and
another on the amp + Destructor + the LateArrivals,
pretty amazing potentials.

An input level control on the left side, would be nice,
matching the output control on the right,
as some of the more cpu hungry combos are eating
when the incoming audio is barely audible,
if that makes sense. (Maybe it exists somewhere
and I missed it.) Very impresssive plugin, among strong
competition.
Cheers

I like the name.

Andywanders wrote:Trying now, but on my screen resolution (1366 x 768) the GUI is too large. This normally isn't a problem in Reaper as it has scrollbars in its FX window. However, these scrollbars are not there when Late Replies is loaded. :(
The full GUI indeed requires a screen that is a bit taller. It is odd that you do not get the scrollbars - have you tried closing and re-opening the GUI?
You can otherwise collapse one of the two modules (PATTERN or FEEDBACK LOOPS) and keep only one fully visible at once - it should fit into the screen. Do not forget to lock the GUI (using the lock in the toolbar) to navigate presets, so that it keeps the module(s) collapsed.

Hope this helps!

glokraw wrote:I'd like the option to avoid menu nesting, and have a pinnable panel
for presets.
There are indeed a couple of things we can do to improve presets management, now that our plug-ins have so many presets... To avoid re-opening the menu every time though, you can navigate between presets using the left and right arrows next to the preset name - it is faster.
On the brite side, you've aced the sounds and effects.
Using one instance on my Mustang amp output, and
another on the amp + Destructor + the LateArrivals,
pretty amazing potentials.
Thanks! :) Have you checked our own guitar + Late Replies + Destructor videos?
matching the output control on the right
There is one, actually (same position but on the left).
some of the more cpu hungry combos are eating
when the incoming audio is barely audible,
if that makes sense.
We'll double check - it could be an issue in the plug-in or some of the effects then.
audientronic wrote:I like the name.
Thanks! :tu:

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
Andywanders wrote:Trying now, but on my screen resolution (1366 x 768) the GUI is too large. This normally isn't a problem in Reaper as it has scrollbars in its FX window. However, these scrollbars are not there when Late Replies is loaded. :(
The full GUI indeed requires a screen that is a bit taller. It is odd that you do not get the scrollbars - have you tried closing and re-opening the GUI?
You can otherwise collapse one of the two modules (PATTERN or FEEDBACK LOOPS) and keep only one fully visible at once - it should fit into the screen. Do not forget to lock the GUI (using the lock in the toolbar) to navigate presets, so that it keeps the module(s) collapsed.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your reply. It is odd indeed, and only happens with Late Replies - strange.

However, collapsing one of the modules is fine for now. It's a nice plugin and I like the built-in effects too - very innovative.

:tu:

It's about time someone made a plugin like this!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
jens wrote:But then again there is no way you (of all people) could ever blame the OP for any potential misunderstanding here - after all it was you - and not at all him - who came up with that name... just saying.
I don't think we ever blamed anyone here nor directly asked for a rename - just replied to a comment someone else posted, because we thought it was indeed a good idea to mention the type of plug-in we are talking about here.
Don't worry. Some people sense drama or enemy around every corner.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
glokraw wrote:
matching the output control on the right
There is one, actually (same position but on the left).
I was thinking of an input noisegate, placed opposite the OUT LIMITER control,
but did not state it clearly. 'Waitress, more coffee, please'

For example,
with all the inputs turned down lowest, and the bypass lit up blue,
the pre-fx meter still registers a significant jump on each keypress,
and some sound squeaks through if I fiddle around enough. It looks
like it varies with the attack of the sound in use. I've got some
vocal riffs from Dimension Pro loaded, so each key is a different
riff/envelope, dry durations of 1 to 6 seconds.

The meter jumps in the 5% to 25% range
depending on the riff. A non-scientific cpu meter suggests
fluctuations of up to 3% on what possibly should be only silence.
When the 'In Mix' controls are turned up, their meters also jump.
Hope it's useful info.

That's a pretty fine manual you've put together, very useful
for learning what's available, and how to mix it in whole.
Cheers

Have you tried using the included gate plug-in at the input? Maybe that would do the trick...

By the way we have extended the introduction offers for a couple of hours... Don't miss them if you were counting on a discount to get the plug-in!

I'm late to the party ... does it have multi channel/surround capabilities like MB7 or PatchWork, which I already have? I use this feature a lot.

Found out myself by using the demo: no surround/multi channel capabilities ... :-(

dreamvoid wrote:Found out myself by using the demo: no surround/multi channel capabilities ... :-(
Indeed - since the delays heavily rely on stereo capabilities (panning etc.), a surround version would probably be be quite different.

By the way, the MB-7 Mixer plug-in is also mono or stereo only. Surround is only supported by PatchWork, because it was designed from the ground to be a "universal" host, whereas the other plug-ins are more likely to be used on mono or stereo tracks.

Return to “Effects”