Loading random samples from folders?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a sampler or drum machine (either built into Logic or from a third-party) that has a "load random samples from user folder" feature?

I looked around the forum and DuckDuckGo for this already, found nothing, and now I'm inquiring here where someone else might already know.

I know BFD can load a random kit, but it doesn't do user samples (right??). Along with BFD2, I have Logic 9.x, Kontakt 3, Reaktor 5.x, Reason 6, and even an old Akai S6000, but I've never noticed such a feature anywhere. If Battery 4 has this feature, that would raise it up in my "might want to purchase" priorities, but web searches didn't reveal such a feature exists.

Thanks!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I guess that's a "no" then.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Is there a sampler or drum machine (either built into Logic or from a third-party) that has a "load random samples from user folder" feature?

I looked around the forum and DuckDuckGo for this already, found nothing, and now I'm inquiring here where someone else might already know.

I know BFD can load a random kit, but it doesn't do user samples (right??). Along with BFD2, I have Logic 9.x, Kontakt 3, Reaktor 5.x, Reason 6, and even an old Akai S6000, but I've never noticed such a feature anywhere. If Battery 4 has this feature, that would raise it up in my "might want to purchase" priorities, but web searches didn't reveal such a feature exists.

Thanks!
You have Reason 5, so you have NNXT. It allows you to load a random folder of samples, and will even auto-map for you - among other things.
NNXT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

In Poise you can use up to 8 samples on each of the 16 pads and it can play those 8 samples randomly.

xfer Nerve can select random samples from the current sample's folder for one or all pads at once.

EnochLight wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Is there a sampler or drum machine (either built into Logic or from a third-party) that has a "load random samples from user folder" feature?

Thanks!
You have Reason 5, so you have NNXT. It allows you to load a random folder of samples, and will even auto-map for you - among other things.
NNXT.jpg
Excellent! Thanks for pointing this out to me. I didn't know it had this option. I hope Kong does too.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

acYm wrote:xfer Nerve can select random samples from the current sample's folder for one or all pads at once.
Good to know, thank you!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

NI Polyplex is kinda THE random machine for creating unique drum sounds from layering 4 single samples. The factory content is quite good already imo, but you can import your own samples as well.

Return to “Instruments”