Can Avenger Midi Learn? Does it overload processor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted to assign controller to the knob, right click and nothing happens. Is there some different method to make it MIDI learn?

Also it overloads processor on Granular library. And I have i7 7770K 4.2Mhz Kaby Lake processor January 2017 release- it does not gets much better. Thank you.

Astralv wrote:I wanted to assign controller to the knob, right click and nothing happens. Is there some different method to make it MIDI learn?

Also it overloads processor on Granular library. And I have i7 7770K 4.2Mhz Kaby Lake processor January 2017 release- it does not gets much better. Thank you.
There is a MIDI icon at the bottom-right you can click-drag onto a control in Avenger to assign it.

I haven't tried any granular presets yet, but I'll report back later.

Astralv wrote: ..it overloads processor on Granular library. And I have i7 7770K 4.2Mhz Kaby Lake processor January 2017 release- it does not gets much better. Thank you.
Did you use a certain preset? I just loaded up "Cough" from the FX category, and turned up the Density and Grain Size all the way up to see what happens. I played a 4 note chord and it went up to around 47%, but it wasn't overloaded. I have an i7-4790 3.6 GHz CPU and 16 gigs of RAM.

Thank you for your reply. Will try that icon.

I was auditioning several expansions and had no issues, until I got to Granular. Not all sounds, but several sounds would not play, just make this "k....k..k" sound. On my old Ivy Bridge 3770K processor, I had only one plugin having issues with some expansions- Beat Tweaker. This is new computer, so I am still testing it. I have 32Gb of memory, there should be no reason for it to happen, unless it is some poor programing or demanding process.

Bottom-right of what? there is no icons at bottom right of Avenger. Could you, please, clarify? Thank you.

Did you mean Macros? There are 3 knobs and 2 buttons in right lower quadrant that I can drag. But I need to assign my hardware keyboard knob to Avenger knob. For example my Kontrol keyboard knob CC14 to Cutoff of Avenger. How do I accomplish this? Thank you.

I don´t know, if this is the only way, but you can use the Mod Matrix to assign several midi cc´s to any parameter... (click the plus sign > MIDI)

Sadly there are only a few ones to choose from...
Perhaps there is a better way :help:

Trancit wrote:I don´t know, if this is the only way, but you can use the Mod Matrix to assign several midi cc´s to any parameter... (click the plus sign > MIDI)

Sadly there are only a few ones to choose from...
Perhaps there is a better way :help:
Forgot what´ve said, even if this works as well...

As soon as you move a hardware controller with Avenger as a target, you´ll see this in the bottom right corner (Modwheel in this example), which you can drag to the wished parameter:
Midi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Astralv wrote:Bottom-right of what? there is no icons at bottom right of Avenger. Could you, please, clarify? Thank you.
Here's a whole video about MIDI learn in Avenger, and it's in the manual too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9kGqIKRDj4

Astralv wrote:Thank you for your reply. Will try that icon.

I was auditioning several expansions and had no issues, until I got to Granular. Not all sounds, but several sounds would not play, just make this "k....k..k" sound. On my old Ivy Bridge 3770K processor, I had only one plugin having issues with some expansions- Beat Tweaker. This is new computer, so I am still testing it. I have 32Gb of memory, there should be no reason for it to happen, unless it is some poor programing or demanding process.
I didn't have that problem.
It might be the buffer settings in your DAW. Increase the setting for that a little (latency will go up) and see if it works better. Also try it in another DAW if you have one.

Return to “Instruments”