DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Gonna pick up dune 3 just cus I like 2. Been a pretty kickass synth so far and the support is f*ckin great. No tech or auth problems too. That gets my loyalty even if I don't need the upgrade.

artificialmusic wrote:is there still an upgrade price for dune 2, i don't see it on the website anymore?
Yes, you can still upgrade. It just requires logging into the support area (because only Dune 1 owners are eligible for the upgrade).

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Its a bit offtopic but is Synapse Audio Zampler still being supported?

Any chance for high-res support in Dune 2?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Any chance for high-res support in Dune 2?
+1

This would be my main feature request at this stage.

Elektronisch wrote:Its a bit offtopic but is Synapse Audio Zampler still being supported?
We made the AU 64-bit version a while ago, right now there's no plans for further additions though.
DJ Warmonger wrote: Any chance for high-res support in Dune 2?
Dune 2 has skin support, so it isn't really limited to a particular resolution, it's just that the factory skin wasn't designed with high-res in mind. For Dune 3 we will probably develop a Full HD skin like we did for The Legend and then just derive the smaller resolutions from that skin.

Richard

Dune 3 - I think the best thing that could be done is make sure enough waveforms and mod matrix programming are in there to recreate precisely all the great analog gear that is out there. If we could get presets that cover the basics here that would be great.

It hard to see what improvements could truly be made as Dune 2 is pretty great. I suppose some more effects would be nice and the ability to save effects setups as a preset that can be applied onto another sound. That would be pretty good.

Also allowing all presets to be in one place where we can just tag and search for them.

melodyz wrote:Dune 3 - I think the best thing that could be done is make sure enough waveforms and mod matrix programming are in there to recreate precisely all the great analog gear that is out there.
This already exists in DUNE 2. Plenty of Waveforms and a robust Mod Matrix. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Its a bit offtopic but is Synapse Audio Zampler still being supported?
We made the AU 64-bit version a while ago, right now there's no plans for further additions
Ah such a shame because Zampler crashes on fl studio 12.5 :-(

Sorry if this was covered before, but are any workflow enhancements being added to Dune 3 like right click assign to mod source or perhaps modulation indicators on the parameters themselves?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Dune 2 has skin support, so it isn't really limited to a particular resolution, it's just that the factory skin wasn't designed with high-res in mind. For Dune 3 we will probably develop a Full HD skin like we did for The Legend and then just derive the smaller resolutions from that skin.

Richard
Well, since no such skins exist, it's not very helpful :?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:

Richard
Well, since no such skins exist, it's not very helpful :?
True. We can look into making the current D2 factory skin HD, though I don't know how much work that will be, so no promises :)

Richard

I had such a great time making a soundset for Dune2, really made me appreciate just how incredibly warm and fat sounding a synth it is. Dune 2 is right at the top tier of my favourite synths right now and definitely looking forward to the next gen Dune 3 when it eventually comes out.
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

DUNE 3 talk, eh?

DUNE 2 is realistically the best all around synth ATM (and IMHO of course), but for me to fork out more money for DUNE 3, it would have to resolve some issues and have some features added to it:

-The dials would have to be decimal (an option for keyboard input goes without saying) and they would have to display proper units (i.e. Hz for filters, milliseconds for envelope parameters etc.);
-The envelopes themselves would have to be fully customizable, graphical and work like the ones in Serum or Sylenth (those are pretty good envelopes IMHO; the ones in DUNE are not bad, but something just doesn't feel totally right about them);
-It would have to become a synth with x (preferably at least 16) voices (where you can detune each voice and do many more things), NOT layers (although having eight layers is definitely not a bad thing);
-CPU increase would have to be no more than 30-40% (although I'm pretty sure Richard can pull off this stuff and keep the CPU increase in under 10-20%).

Otherwise I'm fine with sticking to DUNE 2 (or selling the license and buying another synth that would meet all these requirements).

The reason I'm not a least bit sentimental about DUNE is that my thread at Synapse's forum regarding those non-integer dials was not answered by anyone from Synapse audio. Yeah, I get it - they don't have to. But, OTOH, a company not answering a legitimate request by a paying customer makes me very (VERY! ;)) unsentimental about that company.

My wishlist for Dune3 would be taking inspiration from The Legend considering workflow, design, sound, FX, ease of use. Although D2 is far more feature-packed i rarely use it compared to The Legend which I use all the time.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Return to “Instruments”